на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
на Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
Эадор.Сотворение - Eador.The Genesis на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
на Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
Автор / Сообщение

Newcomers questions

NecRus888

† Дух Ночи †
admin
Тёмный канцлер

Свитков: 2385
С нами с: 26.10.2009
СообщениеДобавлено: Ср Dec 05, 2012 22:20     Заголовок сообщения: Newcomers questions

Hi! This is a topic where english-speakers can ask their questions about game mechanics.

Боец

Свитков: 8
С нами с: 05.12.2012
СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Dec 06, 2012 3:13     Заголовок сообщения:

Oh, just wanted to create a topic for this, but I can see you've got me covered: I'd like to know what are the exact bonuses / nerfs that terrain in battle gives you. I know that forest increases defense, hills increase range, and swamps decrease ... Something, but I'd really like to see some numbers.
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
   HerrHolkin

∞ Владыка Душ ∞
Ветеран
Демиург: Мастер игр

Свитков: 4430
С нами с: 20.11.2009
СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Dec 06, 2012 3:52     Заголовок сообщения:

Fenixp писал(а):
but I'd really like to see some numbers.

You can see it by holding mouse on unit parameter.

For example here you can see that hero has +2 from forest to ranged defense.
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение ICQ
   Снипер

* Бессмертный *
admin
Сontest Prize Winner

Award of the Prize-winner of Eador

Свитков: 1572
С нами с: 10.11.2010
СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Dec 06, 2012 8:13     Заголовок сообщения:

Green sign - a bonus.
Red sign - nerf.
   Fenixp

Боец

СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Dec 06, 2012 13:21     Заголовок сообщения:

Oh, so it was just me being thick, not an actual issue with the game. Thanks for your help, guys.
   HerrHolkin

∞ Владыка Душ ∞
Ветеран
Демиург: Мастер игр

Свитков: 4430
С нами с: 20.11.2009
СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Dec 06, 2012 20:00     Заголовок сообщения:

This bonuses may vary for different units.
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение ICQ
   Fenixp

Боец

СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Dec 08, 2012 4:07     Заголовок сообщения:

All right, another, slightly less stupid, newbie question: Is there a way to turn off the opponent's AI on a shard? Don't try to persuade me that I don't want to or give me tips how can I counter it, just tell me yes or no. And a 'way' is anything that would lead to this end: Including editing save games / game files in some way or form, I don't really care, it would just increase my enjoyment of the game immensely.

(or any other way to force AI player from doing anything, like knocking his income down to 0 per turn permanently or whatever.)
   EugeneL

۞ Властелин ۞
Ветеран
Troll-Hunter

Свитков: 7525
С нами с: 25.05.2010
СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Dec 08, 2012 4:20     Заголовок сообщения:

Fenixp писал(а):
All right, another, slightly less stupid, newbie question: Is there a way to turn off the opponent's AI on a shard? Don't try to persuade me that I don't want to or give me tips how can I counter it, just tell me yes or no. And a 'way' is anything that would lead to this end: Including editing save games / game files in some way or form, I don't really care, it would just increase my enjoyment of the game immensely.

(or any other way to force AI player from doing anything, like knocking his income down to 0 per turn permanently or whatever.)

Actually, you can.
You should choose the lowest difficulty of a battle. Then AI will be as dumb as a rock

Боец

СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Dec 08, 2012 4:25     Заголовок сообщения:

EugeneL: It might be, but it's preventing me from beating second shard, for the second time :-/ I suck at turn-based strategy, horribly. But I love what Eador does, I'd just like to do it at my own pace, not pushed into anything by opposing players. As far as I'm concerned, AI opponents are a nuisance and I just want to explore and do my thing.
   Dark

ς Друид ς

VI Of. Vice-Champion

Vice-Champion of Eador. Award of the Championship Prize-winner

Свитков: 214
С нами с: 06.09.2009
СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Dec 08, 2012 9:33     Заголовок сообщения:

what about playing hot-seat and skipping turns for second player?

Ψ Стратег Древних Ψ
Маг
Империи

Свитков: 6262
С нами с: 06.05.2011
СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Dec 08, 2012 10:40     Заголовок сообщения:

Fenixp писал(а):
EugeneL: It might be, but it's preventing me from beating second shard, for the second time :-/ I suck at turn-based strategy, horribly. But I love what Eador does, I'd just like to do it at my own pace, not pushed into anything by opposing players. As far as I'm concerned, AI opponents are a nuisance and I just want to explore and do my thing.

You may build a circle of outposts around the enemy's province. This will take some time, but AI wouldn't move from his base.
As a exemple, unzip this save files at the eador/save and look, how I did this.https://www.dropbox.com/s/643zjbydvufqjds/save.rar Or You mast use the saves of another players. But, sorry, in Eador battles with AI is main line of the game.
   мечтатель

Застрельщик
Author of the first english review

Свитков: 15
СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Dec 08, 2012 15:56     Заголовок сообщения:

Fenixp - My first two shards I felt the same way until I realized what was going on; it isn't the AI roadblocking you, it is the fact their garrisons are grossly overpowered given the average units you'll be throwing together at that stage of the game. The solution is to create a mobile wall around them, slowly fortifying provinces with garrisons, installing units in said garrisons, and perhaps having a storehouse or two for your warrior or scout heroes. You won't be able to take their provinces very easily, but then again, neither will they. Eventually the enemy will grow weak or mismanage a province and replace the guard with something weaker/face a revolt. In that case, swoop in! Repeat the process, and you should slowly have no provinces to explore this way until finally you are sitting on the enemy castle, just waiting and finishing your exploration of the rest of the world. =)

This actually gets better/easier after your first several shard, as some other opponents you meet are less likely to throw good garrisons together at game start. My first two 'skilled' opponents actually used only militia for most of their defenses, while previously I'd been fighting for every scrap of land with garrisons of sharpshooters. The change was... Pleasant. Twisted Evil If that doesn't solve your problem however, try playing a few 'free' games outside of the campaign, with either a hotseat set for two or more, with all other player skipping their turns as Dark suggested - or even with AI at beginner setting. You'll see more buildings and units more quickly than in the campaign, but then you'll also have the freedom to explore more easily. The campaign is like a giant tutorial, a story unfolding, and a way to introduce new buildings/units all at once. But if you prefer to explore at your own pace, scenarios might be more to your liking.

And now, a quick question from me - anyway to add custom in-game portraits for profile choice?

۞ Властелин ۞
Ветеран
Troll-Hunter

Свитков: 7525
С нами с: 25.05.2010
СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Dec 08, 2012 17:06     Заголовок сообщения:

I can admit, that the move spent in vain -- is a step towards your defeat., On every move you need to cast spells or take a battle, until this is not a part of a great strategy

Застрельщик
Author of the first english review

Свитков: 15
СообщениеДобавлено: Пн Dec 10, 2012 12:03     Заголовок сообщения:

Eugene is right - the game is one of momentum. I think a good newbie tip I'll add to the general FAQ is - never remain idle! There is always something to do, even if it is 'only' exploring a province.

Ополченец

Свитков: 4
С нами с: 09.12.2012
СообщениеДобавлено: Вт Dec 11, 2012 15:46     Заголовок сообщения:

Couple questions about the shard screen.

What do I do with energy? The tooltip says I can trade it around, or spend it to give me bonuses when conquering shards, but I don't see an option to do either.

One of the shards I can pick has a blue outline around it. Does that mean anything?
   Catalyst

Ветеран

Свитков: 1956
С нами с: 30.10.2010
СообщениеДобавлено: Вт Dec 11, 2012 18:11     Заголовок сообщения:

Energy is used to buy little bonuses at the screen when going to attack the shard/world. At the beginning of the campaign there are no bonuses available but they are obtained via conquering new shards/worlds. The bonuses you can obtain on a shard are in its description (when you point your mouse cursor over it).
Blue outline? I don't know what that is, sorry. You can post here a screenshot so everyone can see what you mean.

Ψ Стратег Древних Ψ
Маг
Империи

СообщениеДобавлено: Вт Dec 11, 2012 18:25     Заголовок сообщения:

Catalyst писал(а):
Energy is used to buy little bonuses at the screen when going to attack the shard/world. At the beginning of the campaign there are no bonuses available but they are obtained via conquering new shards/worlds. The bonuses you can obtain on a shard are in its description (when you point your mouse cursor over it).
Blue outline? I don't know what that is, sorry. You can post here a screenshot so everyone can see what you mean.

I think it is the flag of the other Master.
   Monkeyfinger

Ополченец

Свитков: 4
С нами с: 09.12.2012
СообщениеДобавлено: Вт Dec 11, 2012 19:08     Заголовок сообщения:

Not the enemy owned shard, but the one directly to the right of it, where I drew an arrow. If you look closely, the edges of that shard are blue. None of the other ones have a blue edge.
   Osiris

Великий Дух Астрала
admin
IV Of. Silver Champ

Award of the Championship Prize-winner of Eador

Свитков: 11635
С нами с: 08.12.2010
СообщениеДобавлено: Вт Dec 11, 2012 19:17     Заголовок сообщения:

Monkeyfinger писал(а):
One of the shards I can pick has a blue outline around it. Does that mean anything?
It's just a feature of drawing. Does not affect to the gameplay.

Ведь в мире этом, в грехи одетом, —
Нельзя без света любимых глаз!
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение Отправить сообщения электронной почты
   Ankelesh

Ψ Стратег Древних Ψ
Маг
Империи

СообщениеДобавлено: Вт Dec 11, 2012 19:46     Заголовок сообщения:

Osiris писал(а):
Monkeyfinger писал(а):
It's just a feature of drawing. Does not affect to the gameplay.

Meh, it's only a waterfall.
Часовой пояс: GMT +3:00
На страницу 1, 2, 3  След.

Ты не можешь начинать темы
Ты не можешь отвечать на сообщения
Ты не можешь редактировать свои сообщения
Ты не можешь удалять свои сообщения
Ты не можешь голосовать в опросах
на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index Eador. The Genesis. Encyclopedia на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index