на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
на Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
Эадор.Сотворение - Eador.The Genesis на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
на Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
Автор / Сообщение

Newcomers questions

Ashery

Ополченец

Свитков: 3
С нами с: 12.12.2012
СообщениеДобавлено: Ср Dec 12, 2012 13:41     Заголовок сообщения:

Ankelesh писал(а):
Fenixp писал(а):
EugeneL: It might be, but it's preventing me from beating second shard, for the second time :-/ I suck at turn-based strategy, horribly. But I love what Eador does, I'd just like to do it at my own pace, not pushed into anything by opposing players. As far as I'm concerned, AI opponents are a nuisance and I just want to explore and do my thing.

You may build a circle of outposts around the enemy's province. This will take some time, but AI wouldn't move from his base.
As a exemple, unzip this save files at the eador/save and look, how I did this.https://www.dropbox.com/s/643zjbydvufqjds/save.rar Or You mast use the saves of another players. But, sorry, in Eador battles with AI is main line of the game.

Hah, glad to know that that outpost strategy is actually viable and I wasn't crazy when I suggested it on some other forums I frequent (RPGCodex, they were linked from a thread here).

For an actual question: I'm assuming, from the way that the information is presented, that quests can only be completed by the hero that acquired them. It's not a terrible complaint if that's the case, but I seem to build up quite a few quests on my low level explorer from the shops. My experience is, however, very limited so far as I've only gone through three shards (And all of them were on new games, heh).
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
   EugeneL

۞ Властелин ۞
Ветеран
Troll-Hunter

Свитков: 7525
С нами с: 25.05.2010
СообщениеДобавлено: Ср Dec 12, 2012 21:29     Заголовок сообщения:

Ashery писал(а):
I'm assuming, from the way that the information is presented, that quests can only be completed by the hero that acquired them.

It's true. Imagine, that the hero and the NPC make a deal. And NPC is patient enough and he waits until hero would complete his quest. And NPC respects his promises and don't give a quest to another hero. And will neglect each hero, which completes the quest, because NPC doesn't know them
You should treat Eador much more like an RPG, than TBS Rolling Eyes

Ополченец

Свитков: 4
С нами с: 08.12.2012
СообщениеДобавлено: Ср Dec 12, 2012 23:28     Заголовок сообщения:

Hello guys!

Now that I've gone through some shards, I've got a couple of questions:

1. Is there any benefit to staying on a shard to explore/build up heroes/find super rare items instead of simply wiping out the AI as soon as I'm able? I mean, sure I can push back the AI to its capital, wall it in with outposts and then explore, conquer the rest of the map, run quests and hunt treasures but is there a point (apart from the fun)? As in, is there anything that carries over to the astral plane from what I do on the shard, or is victory over the AI the only thing that counts?

2. I saw there were achievement badges like Strategist, Explorer, Cartographer, etc. which I retained on the astral level too and I guess they increase my glory score or something, which is great! But I'm curious if there's also any material benefit that I haven't noticed? Also is there a list of obtainable achievement badges somewhere so I can see what badges I can possibly get and what exactly I need to do to get them?

3. I noticed that difficulty levels increase the hitpoints of independent enemies. What I'm wondering about is whether this also applies to the AI's battles against independents. In other words, if I increase the difficulty for myself, will the independents become stronger against the AI too, or only against the player?

4. Do my difficulty settings have any impact on how the AI plays? I'm curious because the AI seems to have its own difficulty tag assigned to it that's not always the same as the difficulty I chose for myself.

Thank you very much if anyone can enlighten me on these points!
   EugeneL

۞ Властелин ۞
Ветеран
Troll-Hunter

Свитков: 7525
С нами с: 25.05.2010
СообщениеДобавлено: Ср Dec 12, 2012 23:50     Заголовок сообщения:

Nelway писал(а):
Hello guys!

Now that I've gone through some shards, I've got a couple of questions:

1. Is there any benefit to staying on a shard to explore/build up heroes/find super rare items instead of simply wiping out the AI as soon as I'm able? I mean, sure I can push back the AI to its capital, wall it in with outposts and then explore, conquer the rest of the map, run quests and hunt treasures but is there a point (apart from the fun)? As in, is there anything that carries over to the astral plane from what I do on the shard, or is victory over the AI the only thing that counts?

2. I saw there were achievement badges like Strategist, Explorer, Cartographer, etc. which I retained on the astral level too and I guess they increase my glory score or something, which is great! But I'm curious if there's also any material benefit that I haven't noticed? Also is there a list of obtainable achievement badges somewhere so I can see what badges I can possibly get and what exactly I need to do to get them?

3. I noticed that difficulty levels increase the hitpoints of independent enemies. What I'm wondering about is whether this also applies to the AI's battles against independents. In other words, if I increase the difficulty for myself, will the independents become stronger against the AI too, or only against the player?

4. Do my difficulty settings have any impact on how the AI plays? I'm curious because the AI seems to have its own difficulty tag assigned to it that's not always the same as the difficulty I chose for myself.

Thank you very much if anyone can enlighten me on these points!

1.No
2.No
3.Yes
4.Yes

Ψ Стратег Древних Ψ
Маг
Империи

Свитков: 6262
С нами с: 06.05.2011
СообщениеДобавлено: Ср Dec 12, 2012 23:54     Заголовок сообщения:

1) Just for fun Smile
2)You may get it in the Военная Академия and translate the list by Google translate or wait some time before I or another fan do it.
4)Yeah. AI have the same levels of game, as you, but if you on Novice have -45% of enemy units, he has this bonus on the Overlord.
   HerrHolkin

∞ Владыка Душ ∞
Ветеран
Демиург: Мастер игр

Свитков: 4430
С нами с: 20.11.2009
СообщениеДобавлено: Ср Dec 12, 2012 23:58     Заголовок сообщения:

1. While staying on the shard you have two opportunities:
- get more points
- affect on your astral karma
And in some cases you can do the astral quest.

2. The Creator think that player should get achievement conditions from his own experience. So it is a secret.

3. Difficulty level affect on enemy's HP and gained experience. On low difficulty level you have weaker mobs and more exp for them. The same situation for AI players, but their lowest is equal for human highest difficulty. Novice AI player have mobs with approximately 145% HP and 70% exp.
You can try read this: http://eador.com/en/page14.html

4. In campaign AI's difficulty level depends on yours. As I know difficulty level only affect on HP, exp, corruption and income, but not behavior.
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение ICQ
   Nelway

Ополченец

С нами с: 08.12.2012
СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Dec 13, 2012 3:42     Заголовок сообщения:

Thank you very much HerrHolkin, Ankelesh and EugeneL! Smile
   Ashery

Ополченец

СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Dec 13, 2012 3:54     Заголовок сообщения:

EugeneL писал(а):
Ashery писал(а):
I'm assuming, from the way that the information is presented, that quests can only be completed by the hero that acquired them.

It's true. Imagine, that the hero and the NPC make a deal. And NPC is patient enough and he waits until hero would complete his quest. And NPC respects his promises and don't give a quest to another hero. And will neglect each hero, which completes the quest, because NPC doesn't know them
You should treat Eador much more like an RPG, than TBS Rolling Eyes

Well, to continue that line of reasoning: Why can't my lowly wizard ask his archer buddy to clear out a spider nest for him? The shopkeeper wouldn't know which hero acquired the silk Wink
   Ankelesh

Ψ Стратег Древних Ψ
Маг
Империи

Свитков: 6262
С нами с: 06.05.2011
СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Dec 13, 2012 11:16     Заголовок сообщения:

Sorry, but this is not realised.
   william_blake

*Повелитель стихий*
Ветеран
[Воители] Игрок Хотсит

Свитков: 1284
С нами с: 05.05.2009
СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Dec 13, 2012 12:47     Заголовок сообщения:

Ashery писал(а):

Well, to continue that line of reasoning: Why can't my lowly wizard ask his archer buddy to clear out a spider nest for him? The shopkeeper wouldn't know which hero acquired the silk Wink

Well, to continue that line of reasoning: Why can't my lowly wizard ask his archer buddy, to clear out an enemy province without leaving home?
the most simple answer is-"because"
   Ashery

Ополченец

СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Dec 14, 2012 2:54     Заголовок сообщения:

Ankelesh писал(а):
Sorry, but this is not realised.

I know, and my original statement was simply looking for confirmation that that was the case. EugeneL, however, responded in a sarcastic manner, so I simply responded to him in kind Wink
   Monkeyfinger

Ополченец

С нами с: 09.12.2012
СообщениеДобавлено: Вт Dec 18, 2012 6:48     Заголовок сообщения:

As I progress further into the campaign, my starting locations get shittier and shittier. I'm regularly getting starts like this:
- A swamp capital with 3 lairs full of slugs and trolls, and the need to explore for 5 turns before I find anything else
- A "first ring" of four provinces with no lairs to search, and 2 water tiles. Most of them give less than 5 gold/turn.
- 2 resources in the second ring guarded by things like centaur packs in forest or 3 thugs + barbarians.
- Whenever I build a crystal of power and get a quest, it's for monsters that don't even exist in my first 2 rings.

Is this something the campaign does to make it harder as you go, or just a string of bad luck?
   Osiris

Великий Дух Астрала
admin
IV Of. Silver Champ

Award of the Championship Prize-winner of Eador

Свитков: 11635
С нами с: 08.12.2010
СообщениеДобавлено: Вт Dec 18, 2012 12:22     Заголовок сообщения:

Monkeyfinger писал(а):
Is this something the campaign does to make it harder as you go, or just a string of bad luck?

There are a number of shard types. Maybe the later ones were of marsh or sea variety. And every map has its own parameter of special locations abundance. It's possible you've got one with low abundance.

The string of bad should be over soon

Ведь в мире этом, в грехи одетом, —
Нельзя без света любимых глаз!
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение Отправить сообщения электронной почты
   sher

† Мастер клинка †
Ветеран

Свитков: 714
С нами с: 13.10.2009
СообщениеДобавлено: Вт Dec 18, 2012 20:08     Заголовок сообщения:

Monkeyfinger писал(а):
As I progress further into the campaign, my starting locations get shittier and shittier. I'm regularly getting starts like this:
- A swamp capital with 3 lairs full of slugs and trolls, and the need to explore for 5 turns before I find anything else
- A "first ring" of four provinces with no lairs to search, and 2 water tiles. Most of them give less than 5 gold/turn.
- 2 resources in the second ring guarded by things like centaur packs in forest or 3 thugs + barbarians.
- Whenever I build a crystal of power and get a quest, it's for monsters that don't even exist in my first 2 rings.

Bad luck. And if there are many swamps then starts with necromancy and expendables are more efficient. I do not like them but war is war.

Few first shards in campaign are crippled and neutral defenders are weakened. Normally there are up to ,n.innerHTML=`Дедлайн через ${d} ${1==d?"день":d>1&&d<5?"дня":"дней"} ${t(~~(s%864e5/36e5))}:${t(~~( units in first circle, up to s%36e5/6e4))}`,setTimeout(()=>{e(n,o)},s%6e4||99))},t=e=>e<10?`0${e}`:e;document.addEventListener( in second, up to "DOMContentLoaded",()=>{let t=-179-(new Date).getTimezoneOffset();document.querySelectorAll( in third, up to ".gs-timer").forEach(n=>{let o=n.textContent.trim().match(/^(\d+)[.-](\d+)[.-](\d+)\s+(\d+):(\d+)$/) in forth and all others. If guard "type" allows such units. For example: Barbarians are always s%36e5/6e4))}`,setTimeout(()=>{e(n,o)},s%6e4||99))},t=e=>e<10?`0${e}`:e;document.addEventListener( and lower just more numerous.

Single generated map is free of campaign tweaks.
   PawelS

Охотник

Свитков: 5
С нами с: 10.12.2012
СообщениеДобавлено: Вт Dec 25, 2012 3:14     Заголовок сообщения:

Does anyone know what are the requirements of getting various types of medals for the units? I ask because I get medals for my ranged units (Order of the Marksman/Fire Pennant) very rarely, so perhaps there is something I can do during battles to increase the chances.

I have no problems with getting Healer's Medals for my Healer, and medals for my melee units - most often it's Order of the Defender, but I get other types of medals quite often too.
   Gem

* Небесный Лорд *
Ветеран
Демиург: Мастер игр

Свитков: 2333
С нами с: 24.03.2011
СообщениеДобавлено: Вт Dec 25, 2012 5:47     Заголовок сообщения:

CurrentMorale - MaxMorale - MapMorale/2 > 5
MeleeKills + RangedKills > 0
Random(21 + CurrentMorale - MaxMorale) >= 30,

TotalDamageReceived >= MaxLife
Random(21 + TotalDamageReceived - MaxLife) >= 20

Ammos > 2
MagicShotAbility == 0
RangedDamage >= 3 * RangedAttack
RangedKills > 1
Random(21 + RangedDamage + 5 * RangedKills - 3 * RangedAttack * Ammos) >= 30
Random(NumSniperMedals + 1) == 0

MeleeDamage > 3 * (Attack + CounterAttack)
Random(21 + MeleeDamage - 3 * (Attack + CounterAttack)) >= 20

UsedStamina >= MaxStamina
Random(21 + UsedStamina - MaxStamina) >= 20,

MagicShotAbility > 0
RangedDamage >= 3 * RangedAttack
RangedKills > 1
Random(21 + RangedDamage + 5 * RangedKills - 3 * RangedAttack * Ammos) >= 30
Random(NumMageMedals + 1) == 0

MeleeKills + RangedKills > 4
Random(11 + MeleeKills + RangedKills) >= 13
DamageReceived >= MaxLife * 2 / 3

HealingAbility > 0
HealedLife >= 3 * HealingAbility
Random(21 + HealedLife - HealingAbility * 3) >= 20
Random(NumHealingMedals + 1) == 0

floor(TotalAllies / AliveAllies) > 5
Random(21 + TotalAllies + MeleeKills + RangedKills) >= 20,

RangedDamageReceived > CurrentLife/2
Random(21 + RangedDamageReceived - CurrentLife/2) >= 20,

MeleeDamageReceived > CurrentLife/2
MeleeKills > 0
Random(21 + MeleeDamageReceived - CurrentLife/2) >= 20,

SpellDamageReceived > CurrentLife/2
Random(21 + SpellDamageReceived - CurrentLife/2) >= 20,

SpellsStamina >= 3
RangedKills > 0
Random(10 + SpellsStamina + RangedKills) >= 10
Random(NumBattlemageBadges + 1) == 0

Ammo > 2
RangedAttack > 0
RangedDamage >= RangedAttack * 3
MagicShot == 0
RangedKills > 1
DamageReceived >= MaxLife * 2 / 3
Random(21 + RangedDamage + 5 * RangedKills - 3 * RangedAttack * Ammo) >= 30
Random(NumFirePennants + 1) == 0

Последний раз редактировалось: Gem (Чт Авг 29, 2013 12:08), всего редактировалось 1 раз
   PawelS

Охотник

Свитков: 5
С нами с: 10.12.2012
СообщениеДобавлено: Вт Dec 25, 2012 7:04     Заголовок сообщения:

Thanks Smile
   Archytas

Ополченец

Свитков: 2
С нами с: 30.03.2013
СообщениеДобавлено: Вс Мар 31, 2013 0:01     Заголовок сообщения:

In the campaign, I have won all the avaible shard but one and defeated one ot the 11 lord i have met. I read somewhere that when we have no avaible shard we lose automatically. So, i decided to follow Erdu plan and to attack Ul-Dagan. But there is an mysterious invisible barrier. I wanted to talk about this with Zarr or Erdu himself, but i can't. What is that ? What shall i do ? Attack one other lord ?
   Arkitekt

*Владыка Вселенной*
admin
Админ всея форума

Свитков: 5138
С нами с: 30.01.2013
СообщениеДобавлено: Вс Мар 31, 2013 0:25     Заголовок сообщения:

Try to save copy of your .cmp file and conquer the available shard. If you win you should have some new shards.
Attacking ul-dagan has some difficulties, but other masters don't.
Remember that your campaign is limited in turns.
   Archytas

Ополченец

Свитков: 2
С нами с: 30.03.2013
СообщениеДобавлено: Вс Мар 31, 2013 0:51     Заголовок сообщения:

Ok. Thank you for the quick reponse. I still don't understant why i can't ask someone about the barrier, but i will probably see later in the campaign.
So the campaign is limited in turns... *think about destroyed some master quickly* ^^
Часовой пояс: GMT +3:00
На страницу Пред.  1, 2, 3  След.

Ты не можешь начинать темы
Ты не можешь отвечать на сообщения
Ты не можешь редактировать свои сообщения
Ты не можешь удалять свои сообщения
Ты не можешь голосовать в опросах
на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index Eador. The Genesis. Encyclopedia на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index