на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
на Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
Эадор.Сотворение - Eador.The Genesis на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
на Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
Автор / Сообщение

New Horizons release discussion

pitagora

Боец

Свитков: 15
С нами с: 01.09.2013
СообщениеДобавлено: Ср Фев 26, 2014 0:39     Заголовок сообщения:

can you make it so that we can build more than 3 in provinces?
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
   Drakon

† Мастер клинка †
Ветеран

Свитков: 730
С нами с: 22.04.2013
СообщениеДобавлено: Ср Фев 26, 2014 13:22     Заголовок сообщения:

bludwig писал(а):
If you want an extra hand with the translation, I would, in all honesty, love to help. Just let me know what I can do. I have years of editing and writing experience, and I would be more than happy to adapt the machine-translated text. I have the time, and would love to make a contribution to this fantastic project.

I don't know how to send private messages here, since a lot of the forum text is in Russian, but if you'd like my help, message or e-mail me. I would enjoy spending a few dozen hours on this.

Go to the main page and select the Helmet icon from the menu. It's your profile control, there you can switch to english Язык (Select Language):

1. I need another person for translation.
2. Right now I don't have much time to lead the translation. On the other hand it is less job to do since the majority of the mod is already translated.

I need to prepare names file, so you can look inside for the correct unit/spell/item - names.

pitagora писал(а):
can you make it so that we can build more than 3 in provinces?

I'll ask around if it's possible. However, I think it is a core thingy, meaning only the creator of Eador can reprogram it.

Лекарь

Свитков: 3
С нами с: 16.10.2013
СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Фев 27, 2014 1:31     Заголовок сообщения:

Drakon писал(а):

You see, I don't need a person that talks Russian, one of my translators was an American, who knows only English. The other was a guy from Czech republic, there are simularities between czech and Russian but it's like comparing German and English, yeah, there are some words that are the same, but that's all. Point is, I need someone who have time to translate a lot of Machine Translated text. I can help if it won't make a lot of sense but I can't do the job, since I have little free time.

I actually am czech too so I know about similarities of languages. Smile
Yet I wouldn't be able to properly understand it and I would have to assume a lot. And that's excluding the fact that I don't know cyrillic alphabet at all. Very Happy
It is also easier for me, when you hear it than when you have to read it. I wouldn't be able to read much in polish but we had polish guy attendig some lessons with us at university and I was mostly able to get what he was saying. Thanks to context and thanks to being able to hear proper pronunciation which is closer than written text. This applies to russian even more.

@bludwig; I love you Exclamation
   bludwig

Дозорный

Свитков: 40
С нами с: 17.02.2014
СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Фев 28, 2014 5:27     Заголовок сообщения:

Цитата:
2. Right now I don't have much time to lead the translation. On the other hand it is less job to do since the majority of the mod is already translated.

I need to prepare names file, so you can look inside for the correct unit/spell/item - names.

All right. Thank you for the tip about how to switch the language to English... that's helpful... and as I said, if you want me to translate any machine text, just tell me how.
Цитата:
   Drakon

† Мастер клинка †
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Фев 28, 2014 10:09     Заголовок сообщения:

bludwig писал(а):
Цитата:

All right. Thank you for the tip about how to switch the language to English... that's helpful... and as I said, if you want me to translate any machine text, just tell me how.
Цитата:

I sent you a PM

Застрельщик

Свитков: 19
С нами с: 03.09.2013
СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Мая 16, 2014 23:08     Заголовок сообщения:

Hi, are translation efforts still ongoing for this project or no?

It's been a long time since there was an update.
   Drakon

† Мастер клинка †
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Мая 17, 2014 9:05     Заголовок сообщения:

basil писал(а):

Hello basil!
Nope the project is on hold. I became extremely busy and can not find even an hour on translation. It seems that I'm the only one who can organize the translation and in any case if there is a translation I need to check it. I think that if there were several people I could give them machine translated texts but then again all of those need to be checked and I can't do it right now or in the near future.

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

Свитков: 667
С нами с: 24.09.2014
СообщениеДобавлено: Ср Сен 24, 2014 23:37     Заголовок сообщения:

Drakon писал(а):
basil писал(а):

Hello basil!
Nope the project is on hold. I became extremely busy and can not find even an hour on translation. It seems that I'm the only one who can organize the translation and in any case if there is a translation I need to check it. I think that if there were several people I could give them machine translated texts but then again all of those need to be checked and I can't do it right now or in the near future.

Hello Drakon,

Is there a way to spark this project back to life? Wink

I came to know Eador via "Masters of the Broken World" but I've been unable to play it because there are several game-breaking bugs (IMHO) in the latest release, and also there is no modding community involved, as far as I can tell. I am willing to help with translations (cleaning up syntax/grammar).

What is the status at this point? Smile

Regards.
   Drakon

† Мастер клинка †
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Сен 25, 2014 8:03     Заголовок сообщения:

Boon947 писал(а):
Drakon писал(а):
basil писал(а):

Hello basil!

Hello Drakon,

I came to know Eador via "Masters of the Broken World" but I've been unable to play it because there are several game-breaking bugs (IMHO) in the latest release, and also there is no modding community involved, as far as I can tell. I am willing to help with translations (cleaning up syntax/grammar).

Regards.

Hello, I doubt it.

There are a lot of things that should be done by me, or by a person who knows Russian, that requires time that I don't have. I also have not played a single video game for a year and half now, so my interests lie in another spheres. Smile

If there will be a person who will translate things from Russian I can give him my translation charts. Other than that I just don't have time for it and I don't want to make false promises. Smile

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Сен 25, 2014 11:26     Заголовок сообщения:

Drakon писал(а):
Boon947 писал(а):
Hello Drakon,

Regards.

Hello, I doubt it.

There are a lot of things that should be done by me, or by a person who knows Russian, that requires time that I don't have. I also have not played a single video game for a year and half now, so my interests lie in another spheres. Smile

If there will be a person who will translate things from Russian I can give him my translation charts. Other than that I just don't have time for it and I don't want to make false promises. Smile

Hello again,

OK, I understand. Thanks for all the work you've done Wink

I have a few unrelated questions.

Do you know if Adrageron works for Snowbird on Genesis and/or Masters of the Broken World?

I can't download the latest "New Horizons" translation from
https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0Bxj0giN5lqYhSEtGaWc3R0tPSnM&export=download
It says something like "quota exceeded, try later".
Do I need a Google account? Do you know if I can download it elsewhere?

I suppose the Russian version of New Horizons is more recent than this translation, right?
Is this the correct thread to get the latest version:
http://eador.com/B2/viewtopic.php?t=2935
It's not easy navigating the forum with Google Translate Wink

Finally, how much work would it be for a non-russian speaker like me to translate the latest version
of the mod, by using GT or BF, and comparing with the previous translation?

Oh one more (sorry) do you know how much of the NH mod was integrated into MotBW?

Warm Regards.
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Сен 25, 2014 11:36     Заголовок сообщения:

Boon947 писал(а):
I suppose the Russian version of New Horizons is more recent than this translation, right?

If I understand correctly, new mod version 14.0920 was released only 5 days ago !
So, if that is correct, then the Russian modding community must still be very active.
I'll look more closely...
   Drakon

† Мастер клинка †
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Сен 25, 2014 12:12     Заголовок сообщения:

Boon947 писал(а):
Boon947 писал(а):

If I understand correctly, new mod version 14.0920 was released only 5 days ago !
So, if that is correct, then the Russian modding community must still be very active.
I'll look more closely...

Yes there are tons of changes(new races, new sprites for each of the hero class) and community is still active, the problem is that not many people speak English.
Let me check

† Мастер клинка †
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Сен 25, 2014 12:23     Заголовок сообщения:

Boon947 писал(а):

Hello again,

OK, I understand. Thanks for all the work you've done Wink

I have a few unrelated questions.

Do you know if Adrageron works for Snowbird on Genesis and/or Masters of the Broken World?

I can't download the latest "New Horizons" translation from
https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0Bxj0giN5lqYhSEtGaWc3R0tPSnM&export=download
It says something like "quota exceeded, try later".
Do I need a Google account? Do you know if I can download it elsewhere?

Finally, how much work would it be for a non-russian speaker like me to translate the latest version
of the mod, by using GT or BF, and comparing with the previous translation?

Oh one more (sorry) do you know how much of the NH mod was integrated into MotBW?

Warm Regards.

This is a link for a translated mod https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bxj0giN5lqYhSEtGaWc3R0tPSnM/edit

Adrageron is the creator of Eador, of course he works with Snowbird that relised his game.

New version of NH has been relised each month, so new version is like 10-15 version from the one that was translated.

The problem of translation is not actually the translation itself, but rather the injection of translated content into the game files, it is especially crazy when you need to inject 1000 titles in several text files.

Последний раз редактировалось: Drakon (Чт Сен 25, 2014 12:41), всего редактировалось 1 раз
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Сен 25, 2014 12:34     Заголовок сообщения:

Drakon писал(а):

Yesterday and today, I get this message:
Код:
Sorry, you can't view or download this file at this time.

Too many users have viewed or downloaded this file recently. Please try accessing the file again later. If the file you are trying to access is particularly large or is shared with many people, it may take up to 24 hours to be able to view or download the file. If you still can't access a file after 24 hours, contact your domain administrator.

You can download it no problem? (Maybe because you are the owner of the archive?)

Regards.
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Сен 25, 2014 12:46     Заголовок сообщения:

Drakon писал(а):
Adrageron is the creator of Eador, of course he works with Snowbird that released his game.

Then he must be very sad that Genesis is a stable game, with a vibrant community, while the "HD" remake "Masters of the Broken World" is plagued with so many bugs (a few CTD, several balance-breaking bugs such as missing units when attacking neutral provinces, happiness for one province affects all provinces, etc).

See here if you are interested:
http://www.snowbirdgames.com/forum/index.php?threads/hi-dan-spivakov-bug-compilation-work-in-progress.3258/

Drakon писал(а):
New version of NH has been released each month, so new version is like 10-15 version from the one that was translated.
The problem of translation is not actually the translation itself, but rather the injection of translated content into the game files, it is especially crazy when you need to inject 1000 titles in several text files.

Wow! A new release every month, that is a LOT of work. These players are really dedicated Smile

Can you explain a bit more what you mean by "injection of translated content into the game files" ?
Why can't I take file-by-file, and translate each one-by-one?

Regards.
   Kettarienne

* Бессмертный *
New Horizons Team

Свитков: 1500
С нами с: 09.10.2012
СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Сен 25, 2014 14:25     Заголовок сообщения:

Boon947 писал(а):
Why can't I take file-by-file, and translate each one-by-one?
Well, theoretically, simply translating every russian word in the 'var' and 'text' folders could work, but it's a huge load of work (2MB+ of pure txt, easily 2 times the holy bible, probably more), and you would have to do it from scratch every time a new patch arrives. They are NOT monthly nowadays, (more like 3-4 times a year) but that would still be a huge undertaking. Conversely, you could try to update the old translation to match the new version, but another load of problems would arise as surely as the sun. Take this dark elf alliance quest, for example. In the last patch it was changed completly, whole logic behind it rewritten. Now you open your previously translated version and say: "ok, I've got those dialgos here, but they've added 5 new ones. Will get whose translated in no time!". You do translate them, add to old version, and the game doesn't even launch because somewhere in the old ones number of answers have changed, and now the dialogs and encounters just don't fit. You have to effectively recreate every change in your translated version, hoping that you won't mess something up and that all changes are documented. (hint: you will and they aren't)

Ah, and IIRC the Maker does not work on MotBW with snowball anymore. He did a thing or two for us in new horisons, though. Technicalities, mind you, not content or balance, but still.

† Мастер клинка †
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Сен 25, 2014 16:11     Заголовок сообщения:

Boon947 писал(а):
Drakon писал(а):

Yesterday and today, I get this message:
Код:
Sorry, you can't view or download this file at this time.

Too many users have viewed or downloaded this file recently. Please try accessing the file again later. If the file you are trying to access is particularly large or is shared with many people, it may take up to 24 hours to be able to view or download the file. If you still can't access a file after 24 hours, contact your domain administrator.

You can download it no problem? (Maybe because you are the owner of the archive?)

Regards.

If the problem still persists I can share it on another filesharing service.

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Сен 25, 2014 16:28     Заголовок сообщения:

Drakon писал(а):

If it's simple for you to upload elsewhere, yes please, I would like to download it, to have a known-good reference.

I am looking to automate the translation of the latest release into "Engrish" (GT is bound to mangle some sentences)
Are the files in the "dat" folder localized? (How were they generated BTW?)
Or can I only focus on "Text" and "var"?

Regards.
   Kettarienne

* Бессмертный *
New Horizons Team

Свитков: 1500
С нами с: 09.10.2012
СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Сен 25, 2014 16:57     Заголовок сообщения:

Boon947 писал(а):
I am looking to automate the translation of the latest release into "Engrish" (GT is bound to mangle some sentences)
'dat' are resourse libraries: mostly images and the like. You can use this to peek inside. There are images that are actually text, logos and the like, but they are few and hard to fix besides. Autotranslating "Text" and "var" can be quite a solid way to go, if you can do it without buchering the syntex. They are a kind of interpreted code, so a wrong number of periods somewhere will skrew you royally.

† Мастер клинка †
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Сен 25, 2014 20:14     Заголовок сообщения:

Boon947 писал(а):
Drakon писал(а):

If it's simple for you to upload elsewhere, yes please, I would like to download it, to have a known-good reference.

Regards.

I used an automated Excel macro to change titles in some files, that have descriptions of Magic Spells, Units and etc.

It changed titles like this

Title 1.

DescriptionDescriptionDescriptionDescriptionDescription

Title 2

description2description2description2description2description2

It looked for a title in row 1 and replace it with the name in row 2. In row2 I put English names.
Часовой пояс: GMT +3:00
На страницу Пред.  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  След.

Ты не можешь начинать темы
Ты не можешь отвечать на сообщения
Ты не можешь редактировать свои сообщения
Ты не можешь удалять свои сообщения
Ты не можешь голосовать в опросах
на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index Eador. The Genesis. Encyclopedia на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index