на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
на Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
Эадор.Сотворение - Eador.The Genesis на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
на Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
Автор / Сообщение

New Horizons(ver 14.0920) Translation Project

Максим Некромант

* Великий Дух *
Ветеран
Демиург: Мастер игр

Свитков: 2385
С нами с: 10.08.2013
СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Окт 17, 2014 18:43     Заголовок сообщения:

Boon947 писал(а):
OK, almost done. Hoping I can launch the game some time soon!

This one was tough Smile
(Fortunately, I could reuse the official translation)

/985 Дорикус, приветствие 11
Window: 3;
Bitmap: 1;
Text: #Да? И как же меня зовут?#
Answer1: Вурзантарланигтинзандориус Аххарнакзинэоригантар.;
Answer2: Вурзантарлангтинзандориус Аххарналзинтэоригантар.;
Answer3: Вурзантарлангтинзандорикус Аххарнакзинтэоригантар.;
Answer4: Знаешь, пожалуй, я лучше буду называть тебя Дорикусом.;#####

It's a joke. In fantasy books Dragons usually have very difficult to pronouncation names and this dialogue is the link to them. Also (but it is spoiler, be sure that you want to read it) in campaign, if you choose a right question (before this Astral Dragon Dorikus (Дорикус) saw you his really name. But, I just take the photo and copy-paste from it Smile.
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

Свитков: 667
С нами с: 24.09.2014
СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Окт 17, 2014 19:00     Заголовок сообщения:

Yeah I have to admit that I'm a bit afraid of spoiling the campaign.
(I only played 7-8 shards before I quit MotBW)
Which is why I'm relying so much on automatic translations, even if they are very low quality.
I will cleanup as I play Wink
   Максим Некромант

* Великий Дух *
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Окт 17, 2014 19:15     Заголовок сообщения:

You may translate it as
Window: 3;
Bitmap: 1;
Text: #Really? And what is my name?#
Answer1: Wurzuntarlanigteenzandorius Ahharrhakzeeneoreeuntar.;
Answer2: Wurzuntarlangteenzandorius Ahharrhalzeenteoreeuntar.;
Answer3: Wurzuntarlanigteenzandorikus Ahharrhakzeenteoreeuntar.;
Answer4: Oh, I think it will be better to called you as Dorikus.;#####

It's not possible to read it right in Russian with 1st trying, and I don't sure, that it is right translation, but the main idea is saved. All words have difference in one symbol, and you must to find in *.var files the right variant and change this files to use them. Of course, you can do it after this events in campaign.

Последний раз редактировалось: Максим Некромант (Пт Окт 17, 2014 23:17), всего редактировалось 1 раз
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Окт 17, 2014 22:16     Заголовок сообщения:

Curse!

I just noticed that Google mangles some characters, such as $ and & grrrr Sad

For example, some entries in dialog.var contain

(-200 $ -10 & )

but Google changed it to

($ -200 -10)

My question is: how does the game handle these characters?
Will the game crash, or will it just look weird with the translated version?

Thanks.
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Окт 17, 2014 23:16     Заголовок сообщения:

OK, so I rushed through dialog.var (and it's not pretty, ugh) and now I can start the game, and it goes to the menu without crashing.
Will test the tutorial...
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Окт 17, 2014 23:43     Заголовок сообщения:

It's working, mostly.
One bug (maybe) that doesn't come from me (I think).
In my profile, I can select player name, capital name, banner, difficulty level, and a picture (and the mod adds many pictures AFAICT).

However, when I start a campaign, the hero screen uses the generic picture for the hero.
Is that expected?

Regards.
   Максим Некромант

* Великий Дух *
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Окт 17, 2014 23:47     Заголовок сообщения:

Boon947 писал(а):
It's working, mostly.
One bug (maybe) that doesn't come from me (I think).
In my profile, I can select player name, capital name, banner, difficulty level, and a picture (and the mod adds many pictures AFAICT).

However, when I start a campaign, the hero screen uses the generic picture for the hero.
Is that expected?

Regards.

As I remember, in campaign before ending the 1st mission hero's portrait is random, not that you choose. It will be changed after this mission. I'm not sure at all, but I think it's true.
   Kettarienne

* Бессмертный *
New Horizons Team

Свитков: 1500
С нами с: 09.10.2012
СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Окт 18, 2014 6:25     Заголовок сообщения:

Boon947 писал(а):
My question is: how does the game handle these characters?
Gold and magic crystal icons.

Боец

Свитков: 14
С нами с: 19.10.2014
СообщениеДобавлено: Вс Окт 19, 2014 7:22     Заголовок сообщения:

Boon947, this is awesome. Eagerly awaiting a chance to try out your translation.

Cheers, Wayne
   Gem

* Небесный Лорд *
Ветеран

Свитков: 2333
С нами с: 24.03.2011
СообщениеДобавлено: Вс Окт 19, 2014 8:29     Заголовок сообщения:

Boon947 писал(а):
It's working, mostly.
Is that expected?

In campaign first hero is mortal form of astral lord, they both should have similar appearance, thus fixed portraits for both.
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Вт Окт 21, 2014 23:47     Заголовок сообщения:

Wayne писал(а):
Boon947, this is awesome. Eagerly awaiting a chance to try out your translation.

Cheers, Wayne

I will try and post what I have so far ASAP, so as to get the ball rolling, and maybe get others to participate and improve the worst translations.

Question for the forum moderators: may I post a link to an archive containing the game + the translations, or is that considered "piracy"?
If it's a problem, I would only package the translations (and maybe the dat folder from NH)

Regards.
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Ср Окт 22, 2014 0:12     Заголовок сообщения:

[SPOILER ALERT !!! DO NOT READ !!!]

OK, so I'm trying to improve campaign_dialog.var and translating this

/645 Уль-Даган, о л’Аншаре 3
Text: #Видишь ли, л'Аншар приобрел статус Владыки, совершив обряд обращения в лича. Полагаю, сейчас он - единственный, кто досконально знает тонкости этого обряда. Он приложил немало сил, рассылая эмиссаров, чтобы уничтожить или исказить сведения о нем в Эадоре. Возможно, поэтому никто из желающих пройти его путем не превратился в его подобие, все они остались на физическом плане. Знай: лич, как и любой Астральный Владыка, бессмертен. Но у него есть уязвимое место - амфора, в которую он поместил свою смертную душу. Если уничтожить этот сосуд, л'Аншар обратится в кучку безжизненного праха.#

Tell me what you think of this:

#You see, L'Anshar became Master by performing a ritual that turned him into a Lich. I think only he thoroughly understands the intricacies of the ritual. He went out of his way to have his emissaries destroy or distort any information about it on Eador. Perhaps this explains why everyone who has attempted the ritual has remained bound to the physical plane. The Lich is immortal, like any other Astral Master. But they have a weakness - the amphora containing their mortal soul. Should this vessel be destroyed, L'Anshar will turn into a lifeless heap of ashes.#

Thanks!
   Gem

* Небесный Лорд *
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Ср Окт 22, 2014 0:49     Заголовок сообщения:

I see one slight error - But they have a weakness ->But he has a weakness ... his mortal soul.
"Видишь ли", which you translated as "You see," is a parenthesis. I haven't seen such usage as common one. "You know", maybe?

As for posting the game - it is acceptable.
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Ср Окт 22, 2014 0:56     Заголовок сообщения:

Gem писал(а):
I see one slight error - But they have a weakness ->But he has a weakness ... his mortal soul.
"Видишь ли", which you translated as "You see," is a parenthesis. I haven't seen such usage as common one. "You know", maybe?

As for posting the game - it is acceptable.

OK, so when they write "The Lich is immortal, like any other Astral Master." they are not talking about liches in general, but L'Anshar specifically?

As for the "You see" locution, it is indeed idiomatic english:
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/see#Verb

"(used in the imperative) Used to emphasise a proposition.
You see Johnny, your Dad isn't your real dad."

But I don't know if that's the intent with Видишь ли

Regards.
   Gem

* Небесный Лорд *
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Ср Окт 22, 2014 1:07     Заголовок сообщения:

Well, this is not as much for proposition as for "Picture looks like this, imagine..." It is definitely based on "seeing" as a verb, but I haven't seen such usage as common.
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Ср Окт 22, 2014 1:19     Заголовок сообщения:

As an example, (if you like Westerns) do you know "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly"?
One of the memorable quotes from the movie is:

"Blondie: You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0060196/quotes

I suppose it could be translated without losing much to "In fact..."

(Proposition is a grammatical term for "sentence", AFAIU)

Regards.
   Максим Некромант

* Великий Дух *
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Ср Окт 22, 2014 1:21     Заголовок сообщения:

It is using as a form of introduction in sentence. Usually after this author telling some facts, that his listener doesn't know before their dialogue. It's like "You think that you are right, (but really==Видишь ли), it isn't true". This ideom is used than you try to say that people is not right or tell him about facts, that he doesn't now or his knowing are wrong, but it is more official form than just say "You are not right", and you need that people pays attention to your words.
   Kettarienne

* Бессмертный *
New Horizons Team

СообщениеДобавлено: Ср Окт 22, 2014 6:12     Заголовок сообщения:

"You see" is actually perfect translation in this case. It has the exact same meaning and connotations, and has no more to do with actual "seeing" than russian "видишь ли". It is even a tad informal, quite suitably. And it is used quite a lot in modern english, so no problem there.

only he —> he is the only one who

This is a good translation, actually. Like publishing good. You've been using previous translations, perchance?

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Ср Окт 22, 2014 9:52     Заголовок сообщения:

Kettarienne писал(а):
"You see" is actually perfect translation in this case. It has the exact same meaning and connotations, and has no more to do with actual "seeing" than russian "видишь ли". It is even a tad informal, quite suitably. And it is used quite a lot in modern english, so no problem there.

only he —> he is the only one who

This is a good translation, actually. Like publishing good. You've been using previous translations, perchance?

Yes, of course, I have the base translation (which helps me understand the underlying meaning):

"See, L'Anshar became Master by performing a ritual that turned him into a lich. A lich is immortal, like any other Astral Master. But any lich has a vulnerability - the phylactery containing his mortal soul. If this vessel is destroyed, L'Anshar will turn into a heap of ashes."

and the Google output for the updated text is:

"You see, l'Anshar acquired the status of the Lord, it is done the ritual treatment in Lich. I think he is now - the only one who thoroughly knows the intricacies of the rite. He put a lot of effort, sending emissaries to destroy or distort the information about it in Eadore. Maybe that's why none of those wishing to pass through it did not turn into his likeness, all of them remained on the physical plane. Know: The Lich, like any Astral Lord, is immortal. But he has a weak spot - amphora, in which he placed his mortal soul. If you destroy this vessel l'Anshar turn into a lifeless heap of ashes."

So it's not too much guess-work to come up with a better translation, with some help from this forum Wink

"You see, L'Anshar became Master by performing a ritual that turned him into a Lich. I think only he thoroughly understands the intricacies of the ritual. He went out of his way to have his emissaries destroy or distort any information about it on Eador. Perhaps this explains why everyone who has attempted the ritual has remained bound to the physical plane. The Lich is immortal, like any other Astral Master. But he has a weakness - the amphora containing his mortal soul. Should this vessel be destroyed, L'Anshar will turn into a lifeless heap of ashes."

I'm a bit sad (just kidding) that you don't like the formula "only he". I suppose you know it is correct English, maybe too dramatic/shakespearian? The Russian version being more informal?
OK I will change it -)

"You see, L'Anshar became Master by performing a ritual that turned him into a Lich. I think he is the only one who thoroughly understands the intricacies of the ritual. He went out of his way to have his emissaries destroy or distort any information about it on Eador. Perhaps this explains why everyone who has attempted the ritual has remained bound to the physical plane. The Lich is immortal, like any other Astral Master. But he has a weakness - the amphora containing his mortal soul. Should this vessel be destroyed, L'Anshar will turn into a lifeless heap of ashes."

Regards.
   Kettarienne

* Бессмертный *
New Horizons Team

СообщениеДобавлено: Ср Окт 22, 2014 10:22     Заголовок сообщения:

Boon947 писал(а):
I'm a bit sad (just kidding) that you don't like the formula "only he". I suppose you know it is correct English, maybe too dramatic/shakespearian? The Russian version being more informal?
OK I will change it -)
I didn't even thought it out thoroughly, I must admit. Thing is, such wording is commonplace in russian, and it is usually a marker of the clumsy word-by-word translating, so I grew accustomed of dismissing it on the spot. The conclusion was pretty solid though, if not the reasoning: russian text puts a very large emphasis on him being the only one who knows, as opposed to him knowing.
Часовой пояс: GMT +3:00
На страницу Пред.  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14, 15, 16  След.

Ты не можешь начинать темы
Ты не можешь отвечать на сообщения
Ты не можешь редактировать свои сообщения
Ты не можешь удалять свои сообщения
Ты не можешь голосовать в опросах
на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index Eador. The Genesis. Encyclopedia на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index