на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
на Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
Эадор.Сотворение - Eador.The Genesis на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
на Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
Автор / Сообщение

New Horizons(ver 14.0920) Translation Project

Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

Свитков: 667
С нами с: 24.09.2014
СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Окт 23, 2014 1:17     Заголовок сообщения:

Hey Kettarienne,

You keep changing your avatar Wink
How am I supposed to remember you? (just kidding)

Anyway, here I go...
Announcing Version 0.001 of a (bad) English translation of NEW HORIZONS mod version 14.0920
http://eador.online.fr/Eador.7z

Tell me if the game crashes, or if there are obvious errors/glitches...
I will play through the tutorial this week-end to see how much stuff I broke, and how bad the translated dialogs are.

Regards.
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
   bavarian kid

ς Друид ς
Ветеран

Свитков: 206
С нами с: 13.09.2013
СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Окт 23, 2014 5:20     Заголовок сообщения:

Hi Boon,

Thanks for your great work – seems to be stable so far. If you guys want I can help to improve Google translation e.g. unit.txt.

A fair word of warning: I do not speak a single word of russian. To avoid 500 posts or so asking our russian speaking friends after each individual translation issue my approach would be to to either
a) edit out (remove) text passages from Google translate that make no sense at all to me
b) replace these problematic passages with content that seems to go well with the creature and its attributes

Example

182. Созерцатель
#Несомненно, каждому народу есть что сказать о них. Ужас Глубин - пробормочут гномы. Пещерная Жуть - пропищат крысолюды. Гоблины похвастаются легендой о хитром Гоку, приручившем Одноглазого Пожирателя Миру-Дюжина-Рук, а могучие орки шёпотом перескажут истории о Назарге, убивающем тех, чьей тени он коснётся. Шаманы же горных племён и под страхом смерти не помянут Хранителей Бездны. Тем не менее, мало что доподлинно известно о порожденях Тени, и дело здесь, видимо, не только в суеверном ужасе,который народы Эадора испытывают перед этими существами.
Первые упоминания об этих существах относятся ко временам Схизмы Теней и переселения альваров под землю, и описывают воистину порождение кошмаров: Созерцатель не просто ужасный монстр, он вообще не выглядит как нормальное существо. Более всего он напоминает висящий в воздухе клубок извивающихся змей или морских гадов, при взгляде на который невозможно избавиться от ощущения неправильности: всеразличные глаза и пасти появляются и исчезают безо всякой системы в ничем не отбрасываемых тенях, окутывающих единственный островок стабильности: колоссальный глаз, лишённый век. Возможности его столь же загадочны: определённо известно, что Созерцатель неуязвим к магии, и может поражать на расстоянии несчастных, которых по ему одному ведомым причинам выбирает себе в жертву. Источники разнятся в описании способа поражения; упоминаются, кажется, все воздействия: от подчинения или превращения в камень до ран от несущствующих лезвий, отравления без яда и ожогов без огня. Кажется, Созерцатели использует некую непредсказуемую магию, которая может принимать самые невозможные формы.
Они, по видимому, обладают свободной волей, и воля эта сильна, зла и способна подчинить того, кто неосторожно взглянет в центральное око.
Созерцателей, случается, видят вместе с альварами, но людям остаётся только гадать, служат ли Созерцатели альварам, альвары Созерцателям, или же эти существа заключили взаимовыгодный союз.#

Google Translate

182. Meditator
#Sure, every people have something to say about them. Horror of the Deep - mutter gnomes. Cave Horror - propischat Ratman. Goblins boast a legend about a cunning Goku tame Eater One Eyed Peace-dozen-hand, and the mighty orcs whisper retell stories about Nazarge, killing those whose shadow he touches. Shamans same mountain tribes and on pain of death not to commemorate the Guardians of the Abyss. However, little is known for certain about the creatures of the Shadow, and the point here is, apparently, not only in the superstitious terror that nations Eador experience before these creatures. The first mention of these creatures belong to the time of the Schism of Shadows Alvars and resettlement under the ground, and describe truly causing nightmares: Contemplation is not just a terrible monster, he does not look like a normal being. Above all, he recalls hanging in the air tangle of writhing snakes or marine reptiles at the sight of which is impossible to get rid of the feeling of wrongness: vserazlichnye eyes and mouth appear and disappear without any system does not cast shadows enveloping the only island of stability: huge eyes, devoid of age . Its possibilities as mysterious: definitely known that the Beholder is immune to magic and can strike at a distance of accidents, which for unknown reasons he alone chooses to sacrifice. Sources differ in the method lesions; mentioned, it seems all impacts from submission or conversion to stone to wounds from nesuschstvuyuschih blades without venom poisoning and burns without fire. It seems, the meditator uses some unpredictable magic that can take many forms impossible. They, apparently, have free will, and this will is strong, evil and can subdue someone who inadvertently take a look at the central eye. Contemplatives happens with alvars see, but people can only guess, are there Contemplatives Alvaro Alvaro contemplatives, or these beings have concluded a mutually beneficial alliance.

My Interpretation of Google Translate

182.Beholder
#Almost everybody has something to say about Beholders. Dwarves name them in hushed voices “Horror of the Deep” . The are known as “Cave Horror” by the Ratman. The mighty orcs whisper fearfully about “Nazarge”, who kill those whose shadow they touch. However, little is known for certain about the dark and mysterious creature. The first mentioning of these creatures date back to the time the Elve tribe seperated into Forest Elves and Alvars that resettled under the ground. The historic note describes a being able to cause nightmares: A supranatural being, floating above the ground, covered by writhing snakes - at the sight of which is impossible to get rid of the feeling of wrongness. Eyes and mouth appear and disappear seemingly at random. The only island of stability : a huge, ageless eye. The beholders attributes are a shrouded in mystery: it is definitely known that the Beholder is immune to magic and can strike at a distance using a magical attack. Other battle strategies encountered are hypnosis , turning enemies to stone, causing wounds, poison spikes and and burning enemies without fire. It seems a Beholder uses some unpredictable magic that can take many forms previously thought impossible. They, apparently, have free will, and this will is strong, evil and can subdue someone who inadvertently takes a look at the central eye. Beholders have been seen being a part of Alvar armies. However, it is unknown if Beholders have concluded a mutually beneficial alliance with the Alvar or if they pursue other, darker motives.#

Let me know if you guys are ok with my approach.

Последний раз редактировалось: bavarian kid (Пт Окт 24, 2014 22:43), всего редактировалось 1 раз
   Максим Некромант

* Великий Дух *
Ветеран
Демиург: Мастер игр

Свитков: 2385
С нами с: 10.08.2013
СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Окт 23, 2014 7:24     Заголовок сообщения:

We all know, that it is beholder, but in Russian version his name was changed, because many people saw that in this mod there many part of plagiary, and our team try to rewrite history and parameters of new unit to decrease borrowed content in mod into our own concept. Of course, "Созерцатель" is right translation of "beholder" into Russian, but almost all gamers were accustomed to call monsters from DnD by transliteration of his English names, not by translation. It allow them to know, about whose monster is writing in page, without extra job to try understand, who is this monster. There is a problem with dwarves, gnomes and halflings, in old translations there were some mistakes, and now too, but we accustomed to one variant, possibly is quite wrong. For what I say so many sentences? I think, that it will be very good if you can to change "Beholder" to one of synonym of this word.
And of course, congratulations! In last variant there was some places without translation, that Google can't understand and just rewrite with English symbols, and how I can see, you CAN translate it without any knowledges about Russian languages. I think, you can try to finish that job for some weeks in few hour in day, and send the finished translation to me or to Jazz, to download and creating a link for actually English translation.
   Kettarienne

* Бессмертный *
New Horizons Team

Свитков: 1500
С нами с: 09.10.2012
СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Окт 23, 2014 10:57     Заголовок сообщения:

bavarian kid писал(а):
It is... tolerable.
I have to point out a few mistakes:
182.Beholder
#Almost everybody has something to say about Beholders. Dwarves name them in hushed voices “Horror of the Deep” . The are known as “Cave Horror” by the Ratman. The mighty orcs whisper fearfully about “Nazarge”, who kill those whose shadow they touch. However, little is known for certain about the dark and mysterious creature. The first mentioning of these creatures date back to the time of the Schism of Shadows and Alvar resettlement. The historic note describes a being able to cause nightmares: A supranatural being, floating above the ground, covered by writhing snakes - at the sight of which is impossible to get rid of the feeling of wrongness. Eyes and jaws appear and disappear seemingly at random surrounding the only island of stability: a huge, lidless(funny thing: "лишённый" "век" is literally "devoid" "of lids", "eyelid" itself being "веко"; but "век" is also a word with the meaning of "century", or "age") eye. The beholders' abilities are shrouded in mystery: it is definitely known that the Beholder is immune to magic and can strike at a distance using a magical attack. Other battle strategies encountered are hypnosis , turning enemies to stone, causing wounds, poison spikes and and burning enemies without fire. It seems a Beholder uses some unpredictable magic that can take many forms previously thought impossible. They, apparently, have free will, and this will is strong, evil and can subdue someone who inadvertently takes a look at the central eye. Beholders have been seen being a part of Alvar armies. However, it is unknown if Beholders have concluded a mutually beneficial alliance with the Alvar or if they pursue other, darker motives.#
And while we're at it, why won't I go ahead and just write in english what I wrote in russian?
182.Beholder
#Tales about them are told everywhere across the shards of Eador. Dwarves warn gruffly of the “Terror of the Deep”. Ratmen squeak in horror of the “Cave Dread”. Goblins boast of Goku the clever, who subdued and drove to battle the one-eyed devourer named Dozen-arms-Miru. The mighty orcs whisper fearfully about “Nazarog”, who kill those whose shadow he touches, and grizzled shamans of the mountain clans on the pain of death would not mention the Keepers of the Abyss. However, little is known for certain about these Shade spawns, the superstitious terror that people of Eador treat them with being only one of the reasons.
The first mention of these creatures dates back to the time of the Schism of Shadows, when Alvari settled the deep, and describes nightmare incarnate: the Beholder is not just a terrifying monster - it is not even a proper being. Countless eyes and jaws, long stretches of writhing flesh, glistening with juices that should not exist outside of a body, which whip through the air and vanish back where they came from in a way that our minds simply refuse to accept. Witnesses try to describe these as great tentacles or serpents, words failing them in the presence of such incomprehensibility. The only thing stable about the Beholder is the colossal lidless eye hidden in writhing shadows cast by nothing. Beholder's abilities are no less strange and mysterious than its looks: it is known for certain that it is immune to magic and can use energies of magical origin to strike down at a distance those poor souls it chooses seemingly at random. As for the actual harm done, though, rare survivors name anything and everything from hypnosis or petrification to wounding by inexistent blades, poisoning without any venom, and burning in invisible fire. It seems a Beholder uses some unpredictable magic that can take many forms thought impossible.
Beholders do, apparently, have free will; the one which is evil and hostile, and strong enough to subdue those who inadvertently take a look at the central eye.
They are often seen alongside Alvari, however, it is uncertain whether Beholders serve Alvari or Alvari serve Beholders or these creatures have concluded a mutually beneficial alliance.#

Последний раз редактировалось: Kettarienne (Чт Окт 23, 2014 18:50), всего редактировалось 1 раз
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение Отправить сообщения электронной почты
   Wayne

Боец

Свитков: 14
С нами с: 19.10.2014
СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Окт 23, 2014 18:46     Заголовок сообщения:

I had a chance to play through the tutorial, no bugs or crashes. Thanks so much for doing the translation! Missing info I noticed:

1) Version number on the main menu just says 1.05.1.
2) The tutorial advice on the difficulty of a combat is in Russian (which is of no importance for experienced players).
3) In the astral, the initial exchange with the gremlin is translated, but if you select his icon to get a list of questions to ask him, the questions are in Russian.

Cheers, Wayne
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Окт 23, 2014 22:18     Заголовок сообщения:

bavarian kid писал(а):
Hi Boon,

Thanks for your great work – seems to be stable so far. If you guys want I can help to improve Google translation e.g. unit.txt.

A fair word of warning: I do not speak a single word of russian. To avoid 500 posts or so asking our russian speaking friends after each individual translation issue my approach would be to to either

a) edit out (remove) text passages from Google translate that make no sense at all to me
b) replace these problematic passages with content that seems to go well with the creature and its attributes

Example [snip...]

Regarding the words that GT only renders phonetically, such as всеразличные -> vserazlichnye
I have found that often, we are actually dealing with two (or more) words grouped into one.
One way to test this is to delete one character at a time, and check the translation at each step.

всеразличные seems to be, in fact, все различные = "all the various", "all the different"

Regards.
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Окт 23, 2014 22:56     Заголовок сообщения:

Kettarienne писал(а):
And while we're at it, why won't I go ahead and just write in english what I wrote in russian?

Are you perfectly bilingual? (Your English is truly excellent)
Anyway, I committed your translation to my repository:
Committed revision 162.

One tiny nit (maybe I'm completely wrong)
Google translates пробормочут to "mutter" which means "To utter words, especially complaints or angry expressions, indistinctly or with a low voice and lips partly closed; to say under one's breath." but you translated it to "warn gruffly" which conveys the idea of speaking negatively, but not in a low voice. Like the orcs who "whisper fearfully".

Regards. And thanks for great translation!!
   Gem

* Небесный Лорд *
Ветеран

Свитков: 2333
С нами с: 24.03.2011
СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Окт 23, 2014 23:25     Заголовок сообщения:

"бормотать" in the Russian language doesn't have negative colouration, widely used in descriptions of things you can barely hear like "TV behind a wall", "sleepy talk", "speaking while reading".
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Окт 23, 2014 23:27     Заголовок сообщения:

Wayne писал(а):
I had a chance to play through the tutorial, no bugs or crashes. Thanks so much for doing the translation! Missing info I noticed:

2) The tutorial advice on the difficulty of a combat is in Russian (which is of no importance for experienced players).
3) In the astral, the initial exchange with the gremlin is translated, but if you select his icon to get a list of questions to ask him, the questions are in Russian.

Cheers, Wayne

Doh!! Yes, I was so anxious to get the ball rolling that I forgot a few translations.
I'm on it!! Wink
   Максим Некромант

* Великий Дух *
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Окт 23, 2014 23:29     Заголовок сообщения:

"Всеразличные" is better to translate in meaning of "all kind of *something*". For "пробормочут", this word are also used with angry expressions, heared from older people, who don't like anything, and say without trying to improve understanding of their speaking, and they pronounce very bad. Both quality and meaning of their sentences.
With Gem's words, "бормотать" truelly haven't angry expressions. In Russians one prefix or suffix can hardly change the meaning of word.

Последний раз редактировалось: Максим Некромант (Чт Окт 23, 2014 23:31), всего редактировалось 1 раз
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Окт 23, 2014 23:31     Заголовок сообщения:

Gem писал(а):
"бормотать" in the Russian language doesn't have negative colouration, widely used in descriptions of things you can barely hear like "TV behind a wall", "sleepy talk", "speaking while reading".

Maybe "mumble" or "murmur" then?
What's the difference between пробормочут and шёпотом ? They are close, right?
   Максим Некромант

* Великий Дух *
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Окт 23, 2014 23:36     Заголовок сообщения:

Boon947 писал(а):
Gem писал(а):

"Шепот" is a whisper. "Бормочут" is pronouncing word with bad quality, and you have to hear with great afforts to understand.
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Окт 23, 2014 23:40     Заголовок сообщения:

Максим Некромант писал(а):
Boon947 писал(а):
Gem писал(а):

"Шепот" is a whisper. "Бормочут" is pronouncing word with bad quality, and you have to hear with great afforts to understand.

OK, so Kettarienne's translation is spot on!! (as expected) ^_^
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Окт 24, 2014 0:19     Заголовок сообщения:

OK, I'm doing this one for sport :

/1759 Земли альваров
Text: #Герой %s пересек границу провинции %s. Неожиданно откуда-то послышался резкий окрик. Остановившись, герой огляделся и увидел почти сливающегося с местностью часового-альвара. И тут же герой оказался окружен невесть откуда взявшимися за его спиной остальными воинами темных эльфов.

Here's my attempt:

Text: #The Hero %s entered the province of %s. Suddenly, he heard a sharp cry. He paused to look around, and noticed a Dark Elf sentinel blending into the background. Then, out of nowhere, an army of Dark Elves ambushed the Hero.

Regards.

This one confused GT pretty badly with the multiple quotes, and the lacking context.

/1765 Переговоры с альварами (отказ от союза)
Text: #"«Союз», как же. Есть у тебя уже «союзники». Так что - нет".#

AFAIU it is to refuse an Alliance with the Dark Elves, but the details escape me.
   Gem

* Небесный Лорд *
Ветеран

Свитков: 2333
С нами с: 24.03.2011
СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Окт 24, 2014 1:34     Заголовок сообщения:

Boon947 писал(а):
OK, I'm doing this one for sport :

/1759 Земли альваров
Text: #Герой %s пересек границу провинции %s. Неожиданно откуда-то послышался резкий окрик. Остановившись, герой огляделся и увидел почти сливающегося с местностью часового-альвара. И тут же герой оказался окружен невесть откуда взявшимися за его спиной остальными воинами темных эльфов.

Here's my attempt:

Text: #The Hero %s entered the province of %s. Suddenly, he heard a sharp cry. He paused to look around, and noticed a Dark Elf sentinel blending into the background. Then, out of nowhere, an army of Dark Elves ambushed the Hero.

Regards.

Suddenly, he heard a sharp call (More correct word should be "оклик" ).
Then, out of nowhere, an army of Dark Elves surrounded the Hero.

Boon947 писал(а):

This one confused GT pretty badly with the multiple quotes, and the lacking context.

/1765 Переговоры с альварами (отказ от союза)
Text: #"«Союз», как же. Есть у тебя уже «союзники». Так что - нет".#

AFAIU it is to refuse an Alliance with the Dark Elves, but the details escape me.

Quotation marks mean sarcasm. And the Russian language is more lenient about incomplete sentences.
[You offer an]"Alliance", really? You already have "allies". So - no.
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Окт 24, 2014 2:10     Заголовок сообщения:

Wayne писал(а):

Cheers, Wayne

I fixed 2 and 3 ('twas an oversight, doh!!).

However, I don't think I can easily change the version number. I think it's a bitmap embedded into the executable file...
You modders know in which dat file it is??

Regards...
   Kettarienne

* Бессмертный *
New Horizons Team

СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Окт 24, 2014 6:10     Заголовок сообщения:

Boon947 писал(а):
Are you perfectly bilingual? (Your English is truly excellent)
Anyway, I committed your translation to my repository:
Meh. Not even close. I still place articles arbitrary and use russian punctuation, for example. This one, though, is not even a proper translation, for that matter. I composed the russian text after reading several (english) descriptions of the Lovecraftian horrors. Actually, this one is original and the russian one is more of a translation, and a screwed one at that.
Boon947 писал(а):
However, I don't think I can easily change the version number. I think it's a bitmap embedded into the executable file...
You modders know in which dat file it is??

message.txt hint № 113

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Окт 24, 2014 16:23     Заголовок сообщения:

I've uploaded a new version of the translation.
- replace remaining Russian text by copying original translations
- print the mod version on the welcome screen
- a few edits here and there (beholder, random UTF-8 chars)

Announcing Version 0.002 of a (bad) English translation of NEW HORIZONS mod version 14.0920

I'm still not happy with my "send everything to Google, and let them botch everything" approach, especially considering all the hard work by Drakon's team. I have a different technique in mind that I hope will allow me to cherry-pick all the good translations, and leave only untranslated stuff to Google. And of course, I'm also keeping an eye on making this automatic, so that I can regenerate everything easily for the next NH updates.

Regards. Have fun (if you can stand the weird english and yoda-like syntax)
   Jazz

* Мастер Астрала *
admin
Грандмастер НГ

Свитков: 3162
С нами с: 23.10.2011
СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Окт 24, 2014 19:13     Заголовок сообщения:

Boon947 писал(а):
Announcing Version 0.002 of a (bad) English translation of NEW HORIZONS mod version 14.0920

This translated version? I want to add a link to the main theme of mod.
Собирает урожай.
Тот, кто нежить в бой ведёт,
От твоей руки падёт.
И останется один
В чистом поле – паладин!
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение ICQ
   Kettarienne

* Бессмертный *
New Horizons Team

СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Окт 24, 2014 19:38     Заголовок сообщения:

Jazz писал(а):
I want to add a link to the main theme of mod.
It will be of little use there, lost amidst all the russian, furthermore it seems premature to link it, for our good author is fairly keen on improving his creation.

Последний раз редактировалось: Kettarienne (Пт Окт 24, 2014 19:38), всего редактировалось 1 раз
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение Отправить сообщения электронной почты
Часовой пояс: GMT +3:00
На страницу Пред.  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14, 15, 16  След.

Ты не можешь начинать темы
Ты не можешь отвечать на сообщения
Ты не можешь редактировать свои сообщения
Ты не можешь удалять свои сообщения
Ты не можешь голосовать в опросах
на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index Eador. The Genesis. Encyclopedia на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index