на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
на Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
Эадор.Сотворение - Eador.The Genesis на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
на Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
Автор / Сообщение

New Horizons(ver 14.0920) Translation Project

Satshanti

-Мастер Убийца-

Свитков: 176
С нами с: 27.10.2014
СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Ноя 01, 2014 13:46     Заголовок сообщения:

So it's not only all occurrences of "Тёмный(-ые) эльф(-ы)" that need to be translated as variations of "Dark Elf" (dark elven, dark elves), or "Alvari" depending on context, but I assume also all occurrences of "дроу"? (50 sentences in the TM)
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
   Kettarienne

* Бессмертный *
New Horizons Team

Свитков: 1500
С нами с: 09.10.2012
СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Ноя 01, 2014 15:46     Заголовок сообщения:

Satshanti писал(а):
So it's not only all occurrences of "Тёмный(-ые) эльф(-ы)" that need to be translated as variations of "Dark Elf" (dark elven, dark elves), or "Alvari" depending on context, but I assume also all occurrences of "дроу"? (50 sentences in the TM)

It matters little and less. As I said, there is not a single occurrence of "дроу" in 14.0920, and what you are looking at are the relics of Drakon's times. Translate those as "drow", for consistency's sake, but the word is not currently in use.

-Мастер Убийца-

СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Ноя 01, 2014 16:30     Заголовок сообщения:

Translation is going well. Had to still figure some things out, how best to automate, thinking ahead to the future, setting things up so a good system is in place for later. Here's a screenshot of my Trados GUI, in case you're interested... Smile

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwMWyw77HfkXMWR4NW1WSGk3LTQ/view?usp=sharing
   Максим Некромант

* Великий Дух *
Ветеран
Демиург: Мастер игр

Свитков: 2385
С нами с: 10.08.2013
СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Ноя 01, 2014 16:38     Заголовок сообщения:

"Возведенная" is a same with "Построенная" in this phrase, and translation is around "builded". Erected isn't correct word for this situation. But in other meanings it's right translation for this word. You may send to me, or, it's better, to Kettaraine your final changing, to read a translation for searching mistakes.
   Gem

* Небесный Лорд *
Ветеран

Свитков: 2333
С нами с: 24.03.2011
СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Ноя 01, 2014 16:53     Заголовок сообщения:

Boon947 писал(а):

IIUC, the Russian term literally means "free shooter" (i.e. no notion of bandit in the name)
I first translated to "sniper" but it appears there is already an upgrade to a sniper unit.
So it was sharp shooter or marksman, unless we're going for something more bandit-like.

Regards.

This term descends from the time when there was slavery in Russia. People belonged either to tsar or to seniors. And some fled from them, becoming free, or, basically, outlaws.
Some of them were peaceful and settled in Siberia, some became cossacks, some formed bands.
Last ones give to "free" negative shade.
   Kettarienne

* Бессмертный *
New Horizons Team

Свитков: 1500
С нами с: 09.10.2012
СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Ноя 01, 2014 17:55     Заголовок сообщения:

Максим Некромант писал(а):
"Возведенная" is a same with "Построенная" in this phrase, and translation is around "builded". Erected isn't correct word for this situation. But in other meanings it's right translation for this word. You may send to me, or, it's better, to Kettaraine your final changing, to read a translation for searching mistakes.

Erected is totally legit. Funny thing, there actually is a mistake in the picture, but in the russian part. Instead of "крысолюдов-адептов Чумы" it should read "крысолюдов - адептов Чумы". It's the temple of Pest (or Plague) Clan, and it allows to hire mebers of Pest Clan.

* Великий Дух *
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Ноя 01, 2014 22:53     Заголовок сообщения:

I found some mistakes - "Podyatie" is a adjective for summon undead, "Подъятые" or "Подъятый"in Russian, I'm not sure is that a single number or multy number in founded place. And you can translate it as summon, maybe.
Zhizneotbot is an analog for vampire ability, then he is healing by drinking blood, but "Жизнеотбор" works for distance and healing than unit shot enemy.
Book malefikara - is a Maleficar's book.
Curse Votula, Warding Votula and something Votula is a Votul's something.
Sentinel Daokona - is a Daokon's sentinel.
Become malefikarom - transform to malefikar.
Become a guardian Daokona - become a Daokon's guardian
Summon krysoeda - summon of rateater
Krysoed - Rateater or, maybe it's better, ratreaper. It is a someone, who eat and kill rats.
Dushelovka - soulstoller. It is a spell for stole the soul of dead warrior to use them for your own necromantic rituals.
In 393, 394 and 398 upgrades in unit_upg.var you need to change "Podyatie".
Sign Irden and other signs is a special witcher spells, I don't now how they are usually translated in English (they are from Anjey Sapkowskye's book "The Witcher" and similar game of The RED Project "The Witcher", the new part of them, "The wild hunt" will be produce soon). You can find this book and be sure, do you have a right translation.
Book psionic - Psionic's book
Book Elementalist - book of elementalist
I'm not sure that I found all mistakes, but I found a part of them. In unit_upg.var. Also, you can search for this words in other places and change them.
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

Свитков: 667
С нами с: 24.09.2014
СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Ноя 01, 2014 23:08     Заголовок сообщения:

I found some mistakes

Hello Максим,

I think you have missed the latest development in this "translation saga" Smile
I made a poor translation of 14.0920 using tiny parts of 1.05 (bad decision, not using Drakon's work from the start).

Then Satshanti, a professional translator with specialized software, and big Eador fan, said he would produce a much better translation, using his software, his skill, and the help of the bilingual modders in this forum. He's been making good progress, as far as I can tell.

So please, do not waste your time with my release. Your time will be better spent improving Satshanti's release or answering his questions when Google mangles some translations.

Regards.
   Максим Некромант

* Великий Дух *
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Ноя 01, 2014 23:14     Заголовок сообщения:

Oh, how can I forgot this...
I'm just trying to found mistakes in var, that can be the reason for using uncorrect spell, and write it automatically...
But I can say, that I don't find any mistakes in syntax or links, and I think that it is a game bug. Probably, Jazz or Kettariene will find they, but I couldn't.
Best reguards, MN
   Satshanti

-Мастер Убийца-

СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Ноя 01, 2014 23:14     Заголовок сообщения:

I found some mistakes

I guess you found these mistakes in Boon's version of the 14.0920 release, right?

So these are mistakes that Google Translate has made. Boon afaik has not done any editing of Google's translations. He was just about to do just that, when I entered the scene and offered a faster way.
And I am not working with Boon's translation at all. I have only imported all of Drakon's translations, which are of really good quality. All other translations, some of which you have listed, will be done by me, yes, on the basis of Google Translate, but also with the help of online dictionaries and a termbase I created, based on all the good translations so far. In the cases I am not sure about what something means, and so far there have only been a handful issues, I pass them on to Katerienne and he skillfully and decisively point me in the right direction. Smile

So, thanks for your input. I will have a look at it and try to integrate your suggestions into the process. For now, I'm going offline, and tomorrow I'm going hiking in the hills, away from my desk, so the work continues on Monday...
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Ноя 01, 2014 23:44     Заголовок сообщения:

I'm just trying to found mistakes in var, that can be the reason for using uncorrect spell, and write it automatically...
But I can say, that I don't find any mistakes in syntax or links, and I think that it is a game bug. Probably, Jazz or Kettariene will find they, but I couldn't.

Kettarienne,

Can you take a look at bavarian kid's bug reports; two separate instances of units using spells/abilities they shouldn't have (if I understand correctly).
http://eador.com/B2/viewtopic.php?t=3298

I believe the problem does not come from the translation, as I left all non-pure-text fields unmodified (as far as I could tell). Also I still haven't completely understood how to navigate the game files using the indexes.

Regards.
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Вс Ноя 02, 2014 1:05     Заголовок сообщения:

I need help regarding navigating the game files.

Consider ability_num.var entry 139:

/139
Name: Заклятье "Лечение";
Number: 2012
Numeric: 1
Effect: 0
Percent: 0

What does 2012 refer to?

I see that if I look at ability.txt, entry 139 says
Воин может излечить цель, восстановив ей 7 единиц здоровья
Unit can heal target, restoring 7 health

but how do I see that 7 health from the ability_num.var entry?

Side note, I suppose Заклятье "Лечение" translates to Healing Spell?

Regards.
   Максим Некромант

* Великий Дух *
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Вс Ноя 02, 2014 1:11     Заголовок сообщения:

Yes, it's right translation. In ability.txt you can find description for ability, for spell it was wroted with basic magic stength, Numbers after 2000 are links for spell in spell.var with X-2000 number, there X is the Number.
In your sample, number is 2012, and spell is 2012-2000=12. As you can see, in spell.var it is "/12 Лечение", the spell "Healing".
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Вс Ноя 02, 2014 1:28     Заголовок сообщения:

Yes, it's right translation. In ability.txt you can find description for ability, for spell it was wroted with basic magic stength, Numbers after 2000 are links for spell in spell.var with X-2000 number, there X is the Number.
In your sample, number is 2012, and spell is 2012-2000=12. As you can see, in spell.var it is "/12 Лечение", the spell "Healing".

OK, makes sense.
Is the X-2000 formula arbitrary, set in source code, and thus in exe?
Are the mappings and offsets documented?

This is weird to me (in unit_upg.var)
/569
Name: Black Blood;
Only Once: 1
Need: (0)
Upg Type: 139
Quantity: 313

What does it mean to have Quantity 313?? Is it a typo/bug?

Also who made this nice HTML documentation:
http://eadornh.5gbfree.com/units.html#113
I would like to find the script that generated the pages.

Regards.
   Максим Некромант

* Великий Дух *
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Вс Ноя 02, 2014 1:35     Заголовок сообщения:

Oh, you and me have different numbers in this. In Russian version
/569
Name: Чёрная кровь;
Upg Type: 2313
Quantity: 3;

and the numbers in your version are some kind of madness, it's look like very bad and maybe in some places you lost some words?
Please, download the Russian version of files and just see, have you difference between numbers.
It's not good, but almost all knowledges about structure of var-files were founded by experiments or written by the Creator in some phrases. In Russian part of forum you can see all facts about mechanics and structure of files, that we know... but only in Russian. There are too much texts and too few people in forum, who can't read it to translate them.
The Eadoropedia was maden by wortkarg, and you can try to write to them to ask a help.
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Вс Ноя 02, 2014 1:52     Заголовок сообщения:

Oh, you and me have different numbers in this. In Russian version
/569
Upg Type: 2313
Quantity: 3;

and the numbers in your version are some kind of madness, it's look like very bad and maybe in some places you lost some words?
Please, download the Russian version of files and just see, have you difference between numbers.

I have this archive:
File: eador.new_horizons_14.0920.rar
CRC-32: 7829ec29
MD4: e2567766019fc50cdeda38c7e582d9a4
MD5: 4992da13861516cc1b5b683c5fd9c402
SHA-1: f36c0e2bab37a8704e0cb4b01d5926b5ce6a07b3

which contains
File: unit_upg.var
CRC-32: a858ccdf
MD4: de9020f37da29c9b3f5ed43c3808590b
MD5: 50afe44fabcac492ea57e33fffbcc7d3
SHA-1: 854b219a9bf994211e45c7eb98b643817c87de58

which contains

/569

Upg Type: 355
Quantity: 1;

What version do you have??

Regards.
   Максим Некромант

* Великий Дух *
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Вс Ноя 02, 2014 2:01     Заголовок сообщения:

MD5: c0beab520b68b0e21dd161980b003724 for unit_upg.var
MD5: 4992da13861516cc1b5b683c5fd9c402 for archive.
Sorry, but how I can see, the version in archive and in directory isn't same. All that I can say you - try to rewrite in my variant of file and see, have you bug with him.
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Вс Ноя 02, 2014 2:09     Заголовок сообщения:

Boon947 писал(а):
/569

Upg Type: 355
Quantity: 1;

Considering the Text description, the var is probably a bug...
/569 Заклятье "Чёрная кровь"
#Научить ящера-стрелка накладывать на себя заклинание "Чёрная кровь", увеличивающее яд своей ближней и дальней атаки, но заставляющее терять немного здоровья каждый ход.#

/569 "Black Blood" Spell
#Lizard-Archer can cast "Black Blood" on himself, to increase poison melee and ranged attack, but it makes him lose a bit of health every turn.#

With your values:
Upg Type: 2313 means
/313
Name: Black Blood;
Cost: 6
LifeCost: 0
StamCost: 1
ItemLevel: 8
Level: 5
PowerMod: 0
DurationMod: 1
Target: 0
Area: 0
Radius: 0
Building: 0
Negative: 0
OnEnemy: 0
OnAlly: 1
Sacrifice: 0
ResistPower: 0
ResistDuration: 0
DefencePower: 0
RestoreOnly: 0
Cumulative: 0
Sound: 263
UnitKind: (0)
AntiEffect: (0)

Effects:
Poison_Strike: 41
Power: 3
Duration: 3

Poison_Shot: 78
Power: 3
Duration: 3

Poison: 1
Power: -3
Duration: 3;

which is clearly the expected value...
   Максим Некромант

* Великий Дух *
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Вс Ноя 02, 2014 2:13     Заголовок сообщения:

What I can say after reading all files:
This ability MUST work correctly, but, how we can see, it doesn't.
In past there are some mistakes with them, but they were fixed. And how we can see, they don't fix at all.
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Вс Ноя 02, 2014 2:14     Заголовок сообщения:

MD5: c0beab520b68b0e21dd161980b003724 for unit_upg.var
MD5: 4992da13861516cc1b5b683c5fd9c402 for archive.
Sorry, but how I can see, the version in archive and in directory isn't same. All that I can say you - try to rewrite in my variant of file and see, have you bug with him.

Wait, how come you don't have MD5 50afe44fabcac492ea57e33fffbcc7d3??
This is straight from the archive for me... o_O
size = 68 601 bytes
modified 10/09/2014, ‏‎21:00:44
Jazz : do you understand why I don't have the same file as Максим??
Часовой пояс: GMT +3:00
На страницу Пред.  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14, 15, 16  След.

Ты не можешь начинать темы
Ты не можешь отвечать на сообщения
Ты не можешь редактировать свои сообщения
Ты не можешь удалять свои сообщения
Ты не можешь голосовать в опросах
на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index Eador. The Genesis. Encyclopedia на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index