на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
на Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
Эадор.Сотворение - Eador.The Genesis на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
на Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
Автор / Сообщение

New Horizons v15.0427 ENG v2.4 Bug Reports

bavarian kid

ς Друид ς
Ветеран

Свитков: 206
С нами с: 13.09.2013
СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Июн 11, 2015 23:40     Заголовок сообщения:

Satshanti писал(а):
Patch 2.48 now released.

Thanks Very Happy . And a question: In the release description, under "changes" I found
Satshanti писал(а):
5. Heroes
Added Entangling Shot (4), Roots (6), Forest Knowledge (8) and Spell Duration (+2) to Archdruid. 25% spell gem cost decrease and army mind immunity removed.

My ingame Archdruid

a) still has 25% spell gem cost decrease

b) according to unit description "has additional circle III spell". I remember an additional circle III spell as bonus for L10+ mage/warrior. Now bonus for both L10+ mage/warrior and L20+ mage/archer ?

I am confused Smile . Issue with release info and/or unit description ?

c) Potential issue with "roots" description. I assume that the above "Roots (6)" means root entanglement for 6 turns. However, "roots" description text shows for both druid and archdruid entanglement for 3 turns.

Image: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xvbeunr84joblmp/Druid_Archdruid.pdf?dl=0
Save: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fqlvwn6z2x61wvi/Archdruid.7z?dl=0
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
   gourmat

Ополченец

Свитков: 2
С нами с: 12.06.2015
СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Июн 12, 2015 21:35     Заголовок сообщения:

started lately and encountered so far only one mayor bug, when i try to use my dwarven pavisier or runesmith in battle, the game crashes, alchemist works
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

Свитков: 667
С нами с: 24.09.2014
СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Июн 12, 2015 21:46     Заголовок сообщения:

gourmat писал(а):
started lately and encountered so far only one mayor bug, when i try to use my dwarven pavisier or runesmith in battle, the game crashes, alchemist works

Hello gourmat,

Are you using the latest release?

Can you play the game up to the point where you are about to start a battle, then exit the game, and upload your save folder somewhere?

Regards
   bavarian kid

ς Друид ς
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Июн 13, 2015 19:30     Заголовок сообщения:

Scout hero: "Pathfinding" Skill bugged Shocked ?

L 0 hero started with diplomacy but showed in hero summary window: Hills Knowledge 8.
Edit: I noticed that Scout has hero description "Hills Knowledge 8" Embarassed . It seems to have been introduced as a default skill at some time in the past. Anyway ...

Same hero gained on Level 3 "Pathfinding 1" - should have automatically gained Forest Knowledge 1. However, hero summary window is empty - no such thing as Forest Knowledge 1 displayed.

Maybe a bug originating in the Russian version? Has such an issue already been reported in the Russian community?

Images: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7t9c3xgicjadlrx/Scout%20Hills8%20Forest0.pdf?dl=0
Save (random map): https://www.dropbox.com/s/qak7uf8see93gsd/Scout.7z?dl=0
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Вс Июн 14, 2015 2:00     Заголовок сообщения:

bavarian kid писал(а):

Hmmm, if you get the same behavior with the Russian dat/text/var folders, then it has to be a bug in the executable. Ask Jazz/Ket perhaps.

Do you have crashes like gourmat with dwarven pavisier and runesmith? (Since Sat updated the dat files)

Regards.
   bavarian kid

ς Друид ς
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Вс Июн 14, 2015 2:15     Заголовок сообщения:

Boon947 писал(а):
Hmmm, if you get the same behavior with the Russian dat/text/var folders, then it has to be a bug in the executable. Ask Jazz/Ket perhaps.

Thanks for having a look Smile . Sent PM to Ket.

Boon947 писал(а):
Do you have crashes like gourmat with dwarven pavisier and runesmith? (Since Sat updated the dat files)

Sorry, no qualified opinion yet. Did not play with Dwarven alliance so far. You mentioned in a previous post you wanted to start a new campaign? Maybe you pick a Dwarven ally on a larger shard for testing Wink .
   bavarian kid

ς Друид ς
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Вс Июн 14, 2015 12:39     Заголовок сообщения:

Update: Pathfinding seems to be definitely broken right now. I guess the combination of the newly introduced +8 bonus on a random Pathfinding skill and the "regular" Pathfinding causes problems. I have tested a map from scratch with both English and Russian Version.

Images: https://www.dropbox.com/s/88u60wspe3bdk7s/Broken%20Pathfinding2.pdf?dl=0
Map used (Turn 0): https://www.dropbox.com/s/u3ws4z0z6xd7c3l/DwarfIron%20R2.7z?dl=0
Save Rus: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3a2o33b79oq0abe/Pathfinding%20Rus.7z?dl=0

Sent PM to Jazz, too.

Последний раз редактировалось: bavarian kid (Вс Июн 14, 2015 13:08), всего редактировалось 2 раз(а)
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Вс Июн 14, 2015 12:57     Заголовок сообщения:

bavarian kid писал(а):
Update: Pathfinding seems to be definitely broken right now. I have tested a map from scratch with both English and Russian Version.
Sent PM to Jazz, too.

I haven't started playing the campaign, because IMO the "no XP for mercenaries" bug is game breaking. And since I play mostly Scouts, the Pathfinding bug is also game breaking for me. Thus I'll wait for fix02.

Tell me if Jazz replies to you, I've sent him 3 PMs with no answer Sad

Regards.
   bavarian kid

ς Друид ς
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Вс Июн 14, 2015 18:49     Заголовок сообщения:

gourmat писал(а):

Pavisier and runesmith use new buttons introduced in the latest Russian release. Updating to the most recent patch http://eador.com/B2/viewtopic.php?p=242996#242996 should solve the crash issue Wink . After updating to 2.48 I was able to select Dwarven units without issues.

Image: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2rp8tva85caet8b/New%20buttons.pdf?dl=0
Save for a quick test: https://www.dropbox.com/s/naqgr804lglpv9s/Dwarven%20Alliance.7z?dl=0

Последний раз редактировалось: bavarian kid (Чт Июл 09, 2015 23:00), всего редактировалось 2 раз(а)
   Kettarienne

* Бессмертный *
New Horizons Team

Свитков: 1500
С нами с: 09.10.2012
СообщениеДобавлено: Вс Июн 14, 2015 19:59     Заголовок сообщения:

bavarian kid писал(а):
Scout hero: "Pathfinding" Skill bugged?
The skill grants an army bonus, and not an individual one. Unlike individual boni, like ranger's inherent terrain knowlege (8), which are active on the global map, army boni only take effect in battle.

ς Друид ς
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Вс Июн 14, 2015 20:17     Заголовок сообщения:

Kettarienne писал(а):
bavarian kid писал(а):
Scout hero: "Pathfinding" Skill bugged?
The skill grants an army bonus, and not an individual one. Unlike individual boni, like ranger's inherent terrain knowlege (8), which are active on the global map, army boni only take effect in battle.

Aaah! Smile Thanks for clearing that up.
   bavarian kid

ς Друид ς
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Пн Июн 15, 2015 0:19     Заголовок сообщения:

Improvements for 2.49

1.) Minor translation issue. Answer could use some polish: "Rid both of all the Excesses"
Image: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0nsu6jej1u3waxh/Translation%20Issue.pdf?dl=0

2.) Name issue: ,n.innerHTML=`Дедлайн через ${d} ${1==d?"день":d>1&&d<5?"дня":"дней"} ${t(~~(s%864e5/36e5))}:${t(~~(.5 Crossbow "Sniper" = L20+Archer "Sniper"
Image: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4jsz9a8de6wsnji/Sniper.pdf?dl=0
   Satshanti

-Мастер Убийца-

Свитков: 176
С нами с: 27.10.2014
СообщениеДобавлено: Пн Июн 15, 2015 13:19     Заголовок сообщения:

bavarian kid писал(а):

Name issue: ,n.innerHTML=`Дедлайн через ${d} ${1==d?"день":d>1&&d<5?"дня":"дней"} ${t(~~(s%864e5/36e5))}:${t(~~(.5 Crossbow "Sniper" = L20+Archer "Sniper"
Image: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4jsz9a8de6wsnji/Sniper.pdf?dl=0

FYI in the Russian original only one term is used for both the unit and the hero class: "Снайпер".
To avoid any confusion I decided to use 2 separate terms in English, but as with the abilities and the source/target issue, automatic translation is not possible, which means that next time I translate and have to manually process the term I have already forgotten which term was used for which. The unit is called a "sniper" and the hero class a "sharpshooter". I may have mixed them up here and there. Smile
I'll look into it for the next patch, but no high priority.
   bavarian kid

ς Друид ς
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Пн Июн 15, 2015 21:34     Заголовок сообщения:

Satshanti писал(а):
I'll look into it for the next patch, but no high priority.

3.) Definitely no high priority Smile - alkari text is a bit long, leaves no place for alkari units.
Image: https://www.dropbox.com/s/yqz7pl73371p14y/2.49%20Alkari%20event.pdf?dl=0
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Пн Июн 15, 2015 22:27     Заголовок сообщения:

bavarian kid писал(а):
1.) Minor translation issue. Answer could use some polish: "Rid both of all the Excesses"

You are referring to dialog.var entry #528 (Старец и браслет солнца - главное условие)
(The elder and the Sun bracelet - main condition)

Answer1: Не беспокойте меня из-за пустяков!;
Answer2: Отберите у ростовщика браслет и отдайте мне!;
Answer3: Заставьте ростовщика вернуть браслет старцу.;
Answer4: Изъять у обоих всё лишнее.;

AFAICT, the general idea for Answer4 is this: Take the gold AND the bracelet for myself.
(which are ironically referred to as superfluous/unnecessary -- for their current owner)

SUGGESTION:
Answer4: Confiscate the money and the bracelet.;

=> Clearly a negative karma option.

Answer4: 1604;
Dialog: 2188
#Your soldiers took the Sun Bracelet from the moneylender, and the old man's money, and delivered it to your castle.# The people in the province are not happy with your actions.#

Uh oh, I see a stray '#' character in there.
I will check the whole file.

Regards.
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Пн Июн 15, 2015 23:23     Заголовок сообщения:

Here are the lines with stray '#' characters in dialog.var
('@' is just a placeholder for "newline")
Код:
Text: #The brigand leader grins maliciously: #You value your life too little, bro. I guess we're gonna kill you and take it all.»#

Text: #Oh, I'm ready to do anything you want! I will help you fight your wars or become your servant. I can obtain gold, gems, or rare artifacts. As a mortal, I've studied this Shard quite well...@I sense that my pursuers are close. So, will you help me?#@#

Text: #Your deputy soon responds that the dark elf conveys his sincerest thanks.# He swears to serve such a wise and just ruler as you are with good faith and fidelity.#

Text: #"Yes, and take this scroll, so you use it to build this new abode. If you do that, we will be able to bring the true faith of Light throughout the distant lands."# Take the blueprint of this Holy Temple that will fill the hearts of all human beings with happiness and turn their souls to the Light."#

Text: #After overcoming the fierce resistance of the mages, the hero manages to scavenge valuable trophies, all of which are deposited directly to your treasury.# all of which are deposited directly to your treasury.#

Text: #The emissary sent by you to the barbarians did not return, and next to the chieftain's tent someone's head has been put on a stick. #Soon afterwards the barbarians attack the province of %s!#

Text: #Your soldiers took the Sun Bracelet from the moneylender, and the old man's money, and delivered it to your castle.# The people in the province are not happy with your actions.#

Text: #Your soldiers begin tearing off the vagrants' clothes. #It turns out that these were the priests of the Lord of Light, testing your kindness. Surprised by your insight, they go back home.#

This one has a bogus '.' at the end
Код:
Text: #After getting your permission, the Master of Decay departs and returns after a while to pay you the agreed fee, minus the cost of the disguise - %d gems, then leaves.@After a while it is reported to you that as a result of the experiments, magic crystals have begun to grow in a local lake, which has increased your gem income from the province by 2.#.

Regards.

Последний раз редактировалось: Boon947 (Пн Июн 15, 2015 23:34), всего редактировалось 1 раз
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Пн Июн 15, 2015 23:32     Заголовок сообщения:

And here are the stray '#' characters in campaign_dialog.var
Код:
Text: #Mysteriously, the unintelligible symbols on the manuscript form the words in your mind: @«I left the last Key for the humans to keep. Their blind, fanatical faith provides a stronger protection than a horde of bloodthirsty monsters. At this, I consider my mission accomplished.@         The Wanderer.»@Then, suddenly, the symbols come to life, forming an elaborate circle that gradually transforms into a whole stream of visions from Eador's distant past. You see...#@#

Text: #Sensation... Illusion... Information...#@#

Text: #Boss, you don't understand. It was predicted by an ELVEN ORACLE. All oracles are masters of equivocation, and elven oracles are the worst of them all. They have strange ways of specifying dates, for instance: «When the Cross of the Damned lights up in the sky, and the earth bleeds like a wounded beast, when rivers are filled with bitterness and the last Hope vanishes...»@Keep in mind that all of this can be interpreted at will. Any constellation can be thought to be the Cross of the Damned, as for the blood of the earth - that could be an erupting volcano or a mud flow after long rains... And so on, and so forth.#@#

Text: #«The Truth is concealed from us. I have long tried to find it, and when I did, I realized that it is the only thing capable of saving Eador. However, this Knowledge should only be available to one capable of using it to defend the world against Chaos. Unfortunately, my days are numbered, and I do not have sufficient time to use the Knowledge. So may it fall to one who is genuinely willing to do whatever it takes to find the Truth. This is the first of the seven Keys. @Good luck, %s. You are the one whose arrival I predicted.@  Your friend, Larnallyole.»#@#

Regards.

Последний раз редактировалось: Boon947 (Вт Июн 16, 2015 14:39), всего редактировалось 1 раз
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Вт Июн 16, 2015 0:08     Заголовок сообщения:

bavarian kid писал(а):
3.) Definitely no high priority Smile - alkari text is a bit long, leaves no place for alkari units.

dialog.var entry #2012

Text: #Герой %s начал свой путь сквозь холмистую местность провинции %s. Совершенно неожиданно в небесах показался отряд крылатых воинов-алкари. Что же они здесь делают? Впрочем, большого значения это не имеет - люди-птицы явно настроены агрессивно, и, похоже, разговаривать не намерены. Пока ещё они достаточно далеко, и можно повернуть назад.

Suggest:

The hero %s begins his journey through the hills of %s. Suddenly a group of winged warriors - Alkari - appears in the sky. They are obviously in an aggressive mood, with no intention to chat. They are still far enough away though, that you could avoid them.

(I find it... not ideal that two races have almost the same name Alkari and Alvari.)

Regards.
   bavarian kid

ς Друид ς
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Вт Июн 16, 2015 16:23     Заголовок сообщения: Is the user base of the English version really that small?

Boon947 писал(а):
I find it somewhat depressing that there are only 4-5 people posting to this thread Sad
Is the user base of the English version really that small?
Regards.

Might have a simple reason Laughing .I placed a link on steam, recommending this forum for New Horizons tech support http://steamcommunity.com/app/235660/discussions/0/604941528481052450/ . User reply ...
scutagira писал(а):
Thanks for responding, bavarian kid, but I cannot figure out how to sign up for the forum there to post.

I remembered that Drakon himself gave me step-by-step instructions how to create an account here because I had difficulties myself. For testing "Are there potential registration roadblocks for gamers who do not speak Russian", I tried accessing eador.com forum from a different browser.

Image: https://www.dropbox.com/s/g5qzlm4jjk640qn/English%20player%20discrimination.pdf?dl=0

Even if you figure out that mousing over forum icons offers a bilingual "registration", the following Terms & Conditions page itself is entirely in Russian and looks quite scary for people like me ... who see cyrillic words only as a sequence of geometric forms and shapes they cannot make sense of Smile . I guess most non-Russian language players gave up at the stage of "registration".

Edit:
New English players are trickling in from steam/gog/rpgwatch.com to download Shatshantis release of New Horizons.

Maybe eador.com forum could be updated to accomodate non-Russian language players, e.g. by

a.) UK flag icon - or a similar obvious visual clue - near the registration button. Ok, that was borderline sacrilegious to suggest something like this Laughing . I will end up on the forum court now Shocked .
b.) bilingual Terms & Conditions page.

Последний раз редактировалось: bavarian kid (Сб Июн 20, 2015 11:11), всего редактировалось 7 раз(а)
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Вт Июн 16, 2015 23:21     Заголовок сообщения: Re: Is the user base of the English version really that smal

scutagira писал(а):
Thanks for responding, bavarian kid, but I cannot figure out how to sign up for the forum there to post.

Now that you mention it, I think that I too followed Drakon's instructions to create an account, and I too had a hard time changing my profile to English! Perhaps we should provide some "tech support" directly on the GOG forums... Smile
Часовой пояс: GMT +3:00
На страницу Пред.  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  След.

Ты не можешь начинать темы
Ты не можешь отвечать на сообщения
Ты не можешь редактировать свои сообщения
Ты не можешь удалять свои сообщения
Ты не можешь голосовать в опросах
на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index Eador. The Genesis. Encyclopedia на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index