на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
на Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
Эадор.Сотворение - Eador.The Genesis на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
на Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
Автор / Сообщение

New Horizons v2.50d

Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

Свитков: 667
С нами с: 24.09.2014
СообщениеДобавлено: Вс Авг 23, 2015 19:17     Заголовок сообщения: New Horizons v2.50d

Hello Eador fans Smile

[ LAST EDITED ON 2015-12-26 ]

New Horizons English translation v2.50d is now available here

It is based on Russian version 15.0427.f03 (currently the latest)

Unzip anywhere you want, double click on Eador.exe and start playing Smile

Post bug reports, comments, suggestions, improvements, etc below.

Regards

Последний раз редактировалось: Boon947 (Чт Фев 18, 2016 18:35), всего редактировалось 3 раз(а)
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
   burningdebris

Ратник

Свитков: 11
С нами с: 02.02.2015
СообщениеДобавлено: Пн Авг 24, 2015 5:23     Заголовок сообщения:

Thanks. any change log compare the previous version?
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Пн Авг 24, 2015 11:23     Заголовок сообщения:

burningdebris писал(а):
Thanks. any change log compare the previous version?

v2.4x to v2.50a were based on 15.0427.f01
The Russian change log between 15.0427.f01 and 15.0427.f03 is here
Saves from previous versions are incompatible.

Raw Google translation below:

*** NEW FEATURES ***

Special places can now be marked, makes the player (up to 17 characters long). The list of special places by pressing "Alt" key and the cursor will appear on the site tooltip with a note (if any). By pressing "Alt" and a prompt appears when you select a special place in which the player wishes to send a hero.
Demolition of buildings exterior now has a soundtrack.
"The Call of the Necromancer" now allows you to spend less crystals leaving the undead after a battle (-25% per level). The description of the capacity added references to all its influences.

*** CHANGES ***

1. Troops
Ratman can now learn more "rounds" to call the rat.
Burovik can no longer get a call rats, instead he can learn Repair. Number of shells and ups the power of the shot adjusted.
Schoolboy, adept, master and Archmagister can now get / have the Astral shells.
Skeleton, bone spear, reaper, skeleton, darkness and the Dark Lord can no longer get a stunning blow.
Zombies can now get Concussion Blow (+1 x 2), Intimidation removed from the pool of available ups. Mummy does not have a stun.
Black Dark Knight was the superiority of 2 as the basic ability to attack reduced by 2.
The vampire can now get the "A gaseous form of" 9 level. Limit value bloodsuckers he can now be 125%.

2. Magic
Spell "Stone rain" takes more stamina enemies (1->2).
Spell "Jump" is now immobilizes the hero who used his 2 stroke (current and next).
Spell "Thinning armor" now works longer (3->4).
Spell "Shadow Thief" now restores the caster shells directly during use (ie, including those that are spent right now).
Spell "Life Force" increased strength modifier (100->200).

3. Items
A set of "Robe Oinora" is now in full assembly allows you to use two spells in turn if their total level is less than 4. The bonus is added to the skill of the Magician and the Archmage (but still can not be called more than 2 spells in progress).

4. Heroes
The magician is now able to use the 2 spells per turn, if their total level is less than 4. Increase magic power reduced (2 -> 1).
Archmage is now able to use the 2 spells per turn, if their total level is less than 6. In addition, gains +2 to Strength magic.
Great Necromancer Necromancer and now spend less crystals leaving the undead in the unit after the fight (-25% and -50%, respectively). The slowness of the undead will no longer slow down the hero.

5. Buildings
Revenue increased Castle Brewery (6 -> 10).

6. Other
The ability of the warrior "Caterer" Now heals friendly creatures resting nearby, extra health and stamina in the amount of value skills, are not summed between the two creatures with this ability, but instead choose the greatest value.
The ability of the warrior "Squire" does not stack are now between the two creatures with this ability, but instead choose the greatest value.
The ability of the warrior "Fury" is now up for a fixed value of life in the attack. But Amount of health can not exceed the damage to the enemy.

*** FIXES ***

Fixed bugs and typos.
Any creature can no longer walk more than twice in a single round of combat.
Because the executable file in the external documents (phrases.var and message.txt) handed down words and phrases (for the correct display of the translation).
Fixed a bug that caused the loss of mercenary experience of battle.
Fixed a bug that caused under-reporting of attacks despite fearlessness.
Adjusted formula some medals.
Summon Hnara level is now displayed correctly.

Regards
   burningdebris

Ратник

Свитков: 11
С нами с: 02.02.2015
СообщениеДобавлено: Вс Авг 30, 2015 9:23     Заголовок сообщения:

entangling shots didnt work at first turn. If my druid move first, then root any enemy, they still move next turn (even with root animation). if you root them at second turn or more then they wont move.
   Jazz

* Мастер Астрала *
admin
Грандмастер НГ

Свитков: 3162
С нами с: 23.10.2011
СообщениеДобавлено: Вс Авг 30, 2015 9:29     Заголовок сообщения:

burningdebris писал(а):
entangling shots didnt work at first turn. If my druid move first, then root any enemy, they still move next turn (even with root animation). if you root them at second turn or more then they wont move.

This will be fixed in the next version.
Собирает урожай.
Тот, кто нежить в бой ведёт,
От твоей руки падёт.
И останется один
В чистом поле – паладин!
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение ICQ
   bavarian kid

ς Друид ς
Ветеран

Свитков: 206
С нами с: 13.09.2013
СообщениеДобавлено: Вс Сен 13, 2015 18:09     Заголовок сообщения:

1.) Random event "merchant caravan". Attacked caravan guards. Intended to use trapped soul to cast "Strike of Pain" at crossbow shooter. Result: crash https://www.dropbox.com/s/6150h4ogqwklmmm/Soul%20trap.pdf?dl=0

2.) Multiple spiders tend to cast "web" on the same target repeatedly in the same turn - ignore that multiple webs do not extend duration of being entangled in web, waste ammo shells.

Example: despite having multiple alternative targets both 2 spiders cast web on hero

3.) seems to be a specific 2.50c issue: despite "tutorial" checkmark removed, I still receive battle prognosis hints https://www.dropbox.com/s/d6z7w3md0yht94d/Tutorial.pdf?dl=0
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Пн Сен 14, 2015 8:49     Заголовок сообщения:

bavarian kid писал(а):
1.) Random event "merchant caravan". Attacked caravan guards. Intended to use trapped soul to cast "Strike of Pain" at crossbow shooter. Result: crash

Might be a dat file issue. Would you have a savegame to test on the Russian version?

bavarian kid писал(а):
2.) Multiple spiders tend to cast "web" on the same target repeatedly in the same turn - ignore that multiple webs do not extend duration of being entangled in web, waste ammo shells.

Looks like an AI bug. I'm pretty sure it happens in the Russian version too.

bavarian kid писал(а):
3.) seems to be a specific 2.50c issue: despite "tutorial" checkmark removed, I still receive battle prognosis hints

What difficulty level are you playing on? Did you tweak difficulty.var?
I think the advice depends on entry "Hero advice: 1"

Regards.
   bavarian kid

ς Друид ς
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Пн Сен 14, 2015 13:03     Заголовок сообщения:

Boon947 писал(а):
bavarian kid писал(а):
1.) Random event "merchant caravan". Attacked caravan guards. Intended to use trapped soul to cast "Strike of Pain" at crossbow shooter. Result: crash

Might be a dat file issue. Would you have a savegame to test on the Russian version?

Sorry, event was random. Could not reproduce by going back 1 turn

Boon947 писал(а):
bavarian kid писал(а):
3.) seems to be a specific 2.50c issue: despite "tutorial" checkmark removed, I still receive battle prognosis hints

What difficulty level are you playing on? Did you tweak difficulty.var? I think the advice depends on entry "Hero advice: 1"

Competent. IIRC, no tweaks for difficulty.var. For some reason, competent had setting "Hero advice: 1". Consider the issue solved Wink
Thanks for looking into it.

BTW, the usual known CAT-based translation issues, e.g. a hero called "cutthroat". Or the thief archer you named "deadeye" is now called renegade https://www.dropbox.com/s/6xturi5zijz4j52/deadeye%20renegade.pdf?dl=0
Not sure if you care about that naming issue strongly enough to update the names. Anyway, not critical.
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Вт Сен 15, 2015 11:35     Заголовок сообщения:

bavarian kid писал(а):
Boon947 писал(а):
bavarian kid писал(а):

Sorry, event was random. Could not reproduce by going back 1 turn

I would think that the crash happens every time one casts that spell.
Have you used the spell without crashing?

bavarian kid писал(а):
Boon947 писал(а):
bavarian kid писал(а):

What difficulty level are you playing on? Did you tweak difficulty.var? I think the advice depends on entry "Hero advice: 1"

Competent. IIRC, no tweaks for difficulty.var. For some reason, competent had setting "Hero advice: 1". Consider the issue solved Wink
Thanks for looking into it.

I'll check tonight, but I think "Competent" difficulty has always had "Hero advice: 1" in NH.
(If I changed that parameter, it was unintentional.)

bavarian kid писал(а):
BTW, the usual known CAT-based translation issues, e.g. a hero called "cutthroat". Or the thief archer you named "deadeye" is now called renegade https://www.dropbox.com/s/6xturi5zijz4j52/deadeye%20renegade.pdf?dl=0
Not sure if you care about that naming issue strongly enough to update the names. Anyway, not critical.

Yes, I mentioned it in the v2.4 RELEASE thread
I discussed the matter on the Russian forum. They didn't seem to care about using the same word for regular units and heroes.
So I didn't go out of my way to do that additional work. But if 4-5 players ask for it, I will do it.

Regards.
   bavarian kid

ς Друид ς
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Вт Сен 15, 2015 16:42     Заголовок сообщения:

Regarding soul trap/ spell crash: usually works, only crashed in case of random event.

Suggest minor correction:
Beholder eggs lists as requirement only Alvari specific building. However, secret library seems to allow recruiting also. You may wish to insert recruitment alternative in description.
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Ср Сен 16, 2015 0:22     Заголовок сообщения:

bavarian kid писал(а):
Suggest minor correction:
Beholder eggs lists as requirement only Alvari specific building.
However, secret library seems to allow recruiting also. You may wish to insert recruitment alternative in description.

Good catch.

Russian text is
"Для того, чтобы получить воина в свою армию из его икринки, необходимо построить Башню Знаний или Сердце Ночи."
which translates to
"In order to get a soldier in his army from its egg, it is necessary to build the Tower of Knowledge, or Heart of the Night."

But actually, Heart of the Night seems to enable summon Illithid... (31,568,1 31,584,1) -- unit 185
Secret Library is the only building enabling summon Beholder (31,565,1) -- unit 182

Regards.
   bavarian kid

ς Друид ς
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Ср Сен 16, 2015 17:12     Заголовок сообщения:

1.) Minor glitch: list of random province names seems to contain "Abandoned lands".IMHO "Abandoned lands" should be reserved for provinces that have actually been abandoned by previous owner.

Screenshot https://www.dropbox.com/s/yp2bv5lxz4bm2tb/Abandoned%20Lands.pdf?dl=0

2.) Units with "Swamp knowledge" have - according to description - additional defense in a swamp. However, I don't see an increase in defense attributes of goblin mercenary. Translation issue or bug?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n40hmifrfkab5hk/Goblin%20mercenary%20defense.pdf?dl=0
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Ср Сен 16, 2015 19:45     Заголовок сообщения:

bavarian kid писал(а):
1.) Minor glitch: list of random province names seems to contain "Abandoned lands". IMHO "Abandoned lands" should be reserved for provinces that have actually been abandoned by previous owner.

Could you identify the affected var files? that would make my task so much easier Smile

province_type.var #21 = Abandoned Lands (Russian = Заброшенные земли)
province_name.var #226 = Abandoned Lands (Russian = Заброшенные земли)
So this is another case of "name sharing".
If our Russian friends would care enough to pick different names, it'll automatically turn up in the next translation round.
But I have to agree that "Abandoned Lands" sucks for a province name, especially once this province has a large population.
Do you have a better suggestion?
Note that it was already translated "Abandoned Lands" in v2.48

bavarian kid писал(а):
2.) Units with "Swamp knowledge" have - according to description - additional defense in a swamp. However, I don't see an increase in defense attributes of goblin mercenary. Translation issue or bug?

You need at least 3/4 points for defense to improve.
I once had a Scout with 12 forest knowledge, and the bonus wasn't that big.

Regards.
   bavarian kid

ς Друид ς
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Ср Сен 16, 2015 19:58     Заголовок сообщения:

Boon947 писал(а):
bavarian kid писал(а):
1.) Minor glitch: list of random province names seems to contain "Abandoned lands". IMHO "Abandoned lands" should be reserved for provinces that have actually been abandoned by previous owner.

Could you identify the affected var files? that would make my task so much easier Smile

Not the slightest idea how to do that Laughing. But I included the save for turn 0 of that map, maybe you can use the file https://www.dropbox.com/s/hg0qzgxiczcq1ab/start.7z?dl=0
Boon947 писал(а):

Forsaken Lands. Lands of Desolation. Blighted Lands Smile
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Ср Сен 16, 2015 22:20     Заголовок сообщения:

bavarian kid писал(а):
Boon947 писал(а):

Not the slightest idea how to do that Laughing

I will teach you how to fish!
Navigate to your var folder, and search for a given string, for example "Abandoned Lands".
You will get hits in province_type.var and province_name.var
Open the files, locate the string, and the entry's index sits right above the "Name" property.
Pretty easy overall Wink

bavarian kid писал(а):
Boon947 писал(а):

Forsaken Lands. Lands of Desolation. Blighted Lands Smile

I like the first, I'll fix it in the next version.

Regards.
   bavarian kid

ς Друид ς
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Вс Сен 20, 2015 12:00     Заголовок сообщения:

Potential mixup with spell names and descriptions

1.) "Fetters" for the spell previously called "Mass Web"? If you image search "Fetters", "Fetters" seem so be a better fit for the spell now called "Weighing"
2.) Spell description: a web that "freezes" Smile ?

Последний раз редактировалось: bavarian kid (Вт Сен 22, 2015 15:35), всего редактировалось 1 раз
   bavarian kid

ς Друид ς
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Пн Сен 21, 2015 23:01     Заголовок сообщения:

1.) Minor typo: "tot" instead of "to"

2.) Unique item "Garros Divider" survived Satshantis grammar purge. Spell "Weaken Armor" vs "Armor weakended"
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Вт Сен 22, 2015 23:46     Заголовок сообщения:

Цитата:
A1.) "Fetters" for the spell previously called "Mass Web"?
If you image search "Fetters", "Fetters" seem so be a better fit for the spell now called "Weighing"

Spell #217 was already called "Fetters" (Russian: Тенёта) in v2.48
In fact, I even remember Ket suggesting that translation a year ago for my own translation! Wink
No "Mass Web" anywhere in v2.48 - what older version are you referring to?
"Weighing" is spell #249 (Russian: Утяжеление) => should I change it to "Overload"?

Цитата:
A2.) Spell description: a web that "freezes" ?

Russian text: Обездвиживает все существа в радиусе 1 тайла, повышая при этом их параметры защиты на 1
I've changed it to "Immobilizes all creatures within 1 tile"

Цитата:
B1.) Minor typo: "tot" instead of "to"

Changed to "60-70" (as in the Russian version).

Цитата:
B2.) Unique item "Garros Divider" survived Satshanti's grammar purge. Spell "Weaken Armor" vs "Armor weakended"

Sadly, bugs are all mine, as I brutally deleted all so-called "Alternative Translations".
There are 7 instances of "Истончение брони" now translated to "Dissolve Armor".

Regards.
   bavarian kid

ς Друид ς
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Ср Сен 23, 2015 0:13     Заголовок сообщения:

Boon947 писал(а):
No "Mass Web" anywhere in v2.48 - what older version are you referring to?

13.047 Laughing Spell icon does look kind of spider webish so the name "stuck" for me.

Boon947 писал(а):
"Weighing" is spell #249 (Russian: Утяжеление) => should I change it to "Overload"

Ok.

Boon947 писал(а):
There are 7 instances of "Истончение брони" now translated to "Dissolve Armor".

Nice. Cool
   Максим Некромант

* Великий Дух *
Ветеран
Демиург: Мастер игр

Свитков: 2385
С нами с: 10.08.2013
СообщениеДобавлено: Ср Сен 23, 2015 0:34     Заголовок сообщения:

Effect of "Утяжеление" is increasing your weight so you even cant go or do something. Overload is the result of this effect, not the process.
Часовой пояс: GMT +3:00
На страницу 1, 2, 3  След.

Ты не можешь начинать темы
Ты не можешь отвечать на сообщения
Ты не можешь редактировать свои сообщения
Ты не можешь удалять свои сообщения
Ты не можешь голосовать в опросах
на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index Eador. The Genesis. Encyclopedia на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index