на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
на Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
Эадор.Сотворение - Eador.The Genesis на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
на Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
Автор / Сообщение

Genesis Modding questions

J8

Лучник

Свитков: 3
С нами с: 08.10.2015
СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Окт 08, 2015 16:46     Заголовок сообщения:

Hello Smile

I looked into modding Eador a bit and it seems pretty easy. So far I just wanted to experiment with changing stats of units, heroes, buildings and such, without adding anything new. I have a couple of questions:

Is there something like: http://eador.online.fr/en/ but for vanilla Eador? Basically I'm looking for a way to quickly look up unit abilities/upgrades without searching for them in another file.

Do I understand unit upgrades correctly? If it's something like 1,4 2,4 3,2 on level 1 then the game chooses randomly from 10 "chances" (4+4+2) among 3 upgrades, then if the next level has 1,4 4,4, 5,2 it ignores what was chosen on level 1 and adds +4+4+2 to the two upgrades not chosen on level1? In other words, upgrades that were not rolled/chosen on the level they first appear then can still appear with the same base chance on every level after that, but the real chance is lower because there are more upgrades to choose from? Also if there's 1,4 on level 1 and 3 do they cumulate to 1,8 or two separate 1,4? I assume they cumulate.

Any editor recommended for editing .var? I'm doing fine with notepad so far, but it's probably not ideal?

What CAN'T I change by editing .var? I just had a quick look, but it seems like I can change most of the stats in base game just by changing numbers with notepad.

If I add already existing spells or abilities to units that don't have them (for example blessing to healer or double shot to halfling) will AI be able to use them?

Is there a trainer that would allow me to spawn and level up units for testing?
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
   Kettarienne

* Бессмертный *
New Horizons Team

Свитков: 1500
С нами с: 09.10.2012
СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Окт 08, 2015 19:36     Заголовок сообщения:

J8 писал(а):
Is there something like: http://eador.online.fr/en/ but for vanilla Eador?
You could always try this.
J8 писал(а):
Do I understand unit upgrades correctly? If it's something like 1,4 2,4 3,2 on level 1 then the game chooses randomly from 10 "chances" (4+4+2) among 3 upgrades, then if the next level has 1,4 4,4, 5,2 it ignores what was chosen on level 1 and adds +4+4+2 to the two upgrades not chosen on level1? In other words, upgrades that were not rolled/chosen on the level they first appear then can still appear with the same base chance on every level after that, but the real chance is lower because there are more upgrades to choose from? Also if there's 1,4 on level 1 and 3 do they cumulate to 1,8 or two separate 1,4? I assume they cumulate.
Two separate. And you're like the first man to get it on the fist go. Congrats, I guess.
J8 писал(а):
Any editor recommended for editing .var? I'm doing fine with notepad so far, but it's probably not ideal?
Fine with me.
J8 писал(а):
What CAN'T I change by editing .var? I just had a quick look, but it seems like I can change most of the stats in base game just by changing numbers with notepad.
One could write a book on the subject. Ask what you want exactly and I will answer to the best of my ability.
J8 писал(а):
If I add already existing spells or abilities to units that don't have them (for example blessing to healer or double shot to halfling) will AI be able to use them?
Yes it will! Notice, though, that what you add to the unit is the UPGRADE which gives the ABILITY to cast the SPELL. Might be tricky at first.
J8 писал(а):
Is there a trainer that would allow me to spawn and level up units for testing?
Try holding the B key as the game loads. During the battle hold the U key and click the menu button for spawning menu.

Лучник

Свитков: 3
С нами с: 08.10.2015
СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Окт 08, 2015 20:30     Заголовок сообщения:

Thanks for help!

Kettarienne писал(а):
You could always try this.

I know this one. My problem is that I open units.var and I see something like "Lvl 01 upgrades: (1, 4; 30, 4; 33, 3; 7, 1)", and I have to look up what 1, 30, 33 and 7 mean in unit_upg. Which is alright, but takes a lot of time.

Цитата:
One could write a book on the subject. Ask what you want exactly and I will answer to the best of my ability.

Nothing yet to be honest, I'm just starting. Will ask if I think of something I can't find in .var.

Цитата:
Yes it will! Notice, though, that what you add to the unit is the UPGRADE which gives the ABILITY to cast the SPELL. Might be tricky at first.

Ah, so more or less what I thought, like the faerie gets the heal spell by upgrade. I'm going to experiment with it a little.
   pitagora

Боец

Свитков: 15
С нами с: 01.09.2013
СообщениеДобавлено: Вс Фев 07, 2016 23:20     Заголовок сообщения:

i see that in new horizon there where added some buildings upgrades. how did they limit the buildings build for the trade quarter(item selling building)?
is there a way to remove the limit of buildings build per level?
i cant seem to find in any var files, maybe i missed something?
   Arkitekt

*Владыка Вселенной*
admin
Админ всея форума

Свитков: 5138
С нами с: 30.01.2013
СообщениеДобавлено: Вс Фев 07, 2016 23:23     Заголовок сообщения:

build_group.var

Боец

СообщениеДобавлено: Ср Фев 10, 2016 21:31     Заголовок сообщения:

Arkitekt писал(а):
build_group.var

thanks. but now i have other problems: limited slots for units, limited slots for spells, and limited slots for shop in castle.

is there any way to change any of these things?
introduce a scroll or something is possible in this game for inventory or other shops?
or maybe i can delete some items made available(like workshop o forge which are junk later in the game) when i build a certain buildings(like master blacksmith or any other trade building)?
   Arkitekt

*Владыка Вселенной*
admin
Админ всея форума

СообщениеДобавлено: Ср Фев 10, 2016 22:27     Заголовок сообщения:

pitagora писал(а):
introduce a scroll or something is possible in this game for inventory or other shops?

Adding new slots to castle screen may demand engine patching. It is not the thing you'd want to do.

Боец

СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Фев 11, 2016 23:18     Заголовок сообщения:

are the bonuses in inner_build.var cumulative or they get replaced with the new bonus from the next building upgrade?
ex: crystal, reduces hero hire cost. if i change the last building from the tree only that one matters? the others before it are overwrote with the last one?
   Arkitekt

*Владыка Вселенной*
admin
Админ всея форума

СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Фев 12, 2016 0:14     Заголовок сообщения:

pitagora писал(а):
are the bonuses in inner_build.var cumulative or they get replaced with the new bonus from the next building upgrade?

I think they are cumulative. Not 100% sure though.

Боец

СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Фев 12, 2016 9:57     Заголовок сообщения:

can someone explain some labels in quest.var?
i understand most of it, except under objectives. can't seem to be able to modify the scrolls quests.
what are indexes param an so forth for?
   Arkitekt

*Владыка Вселенной*
admin
Админ всея форума

СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Фев 12, 2016 12:26     Заголовок сообщения:

http://eador.com/B2/viewtopic.php?t=621&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=37
don't be afraid of russian

Копьеносец

Свитков: 1
С нами с: 28.02.2016
СообщениеДобавлено: Вс Фев 28, 2016 17:26     Заголовок сообщения:

Is it possible to mod the game so that all players have contact with one another at the beginning of the game *specifically* so that alliances may be forged from the beginning of the game?

And building on that, any change to also implement an allied victory?
   dasdsad

Шаман

Свитков: 23
С нами с: 19.11.2013
СообщениеДобавлено: Пн Апр 04, 2016 17:37     Заголовок сообщения: Events

Can I "mod out" an event simply by going to the var and setting it's probability to 0? If so, do I have to worry about bugs? I'm a bit worried that if an event is already seeded to happen in a particular save game and I edit it out in the var it might cause some glitch.
   Kettarienne

* Бессмертный *
New Horizons Team

СообщениеДобавлено: Пн Апр 04, 2016 18:37     Заголовок сообщения:

You can and I don't think there could be any glitches. There are some events that don't randomly happen, but are called by delayed triggers. Those might have zero probability already, and cannot be stopped if triggered.

Шаман

СообщениеДобавлено: Вт Апр 05, 2016 21:19     Заголовок сообщения:

Thank you very much, Kettarienne. Smile
   dasdsad

Шаман

СообщениеДобавлено: Ср Апр 06, 2016 21:04     Заголовок сообщения:

Is the probability in units of tenths of percentage points?

Eg: 20 in var means 2% probability.

Also, so there will be no glitches changing probabilities to 0 even with an shard save?

Thanks in advance.
   Kettarienne

* Бессмертный *
New Horizons Team

СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Апр 07, 2016 6:24     Заголовок сообщения:

It is weght in weghted random, and not the probability itself.
Часовой пояс: GMT +3:00
На страницу Пред.  1, 2, 3

Ты не можешь начинать темы
Ты не можешь отвечать на сообщения
Ты не можешь редактировать свои сообщения
Ты не можешь удалять свои сообщения
Ты не можешь голосовать в опросах
на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index Eador. The Genesis. Encyclopedia на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index