на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
на Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
Эадор.Сотворение - Eador.The Genesis на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
на Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
Автор / Сообщение

How do I edit the fixed_skills client to choose a skill?

Vendayn

Лекарь

Свитков: 4
С нами с: 24.06.2017
СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Июн 24, 2017 19:56     Заголовок сообщения: How do I edit the fixed_skills client to choose a skill?

Hello Smile I got Eador during the Steam sales and downloaded this mod as well. However, my #1 favorite skill or class in games is Necromancy. Is there a way I can edit the fixed_skills .exe provided by the mod to start with Necromancy instead? I'd keep a backup of the original or use the regular client if I later decide to do something different or choose a different skill (if its easy enough to do myself anyway otherwise I don't want to make a bunch of requests for random skills lol). Any particular tool I can use to do this? Or is it pretty complicated to do this? Or is it possible one of you guys could do it if it is pretty complicated for a regular user?

I never edited a .exe before. I assume that is what I have to edit if I want to change to Necromancy to start with.

Thanks Smile
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
   The last of the Daedroths

Застрельщик

Свитков: 21
С нами с: 15.06.2017
СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Июн 24, 2017 20:43     Заголовок сообщения:

There is a skill 910, which will allow you to insert any level of necromancy 1-5 to any hero you want from the start. Its much easyer then fix exe.files as I think.
   Vendayn

Лекарь

СообщениеДобавлено: Вс Июн 25, 2017 0:10     Заголовок сообщения:

The last of the Daedroths писал(а):
There is a skill 910, which will allow you to insert any level of necromancy 1-5 to any hero you want from the start. Its much easyer then fix exe.files as I think.

I think I got it. Thanks! Smile Started a game, got a wizard and he started with necromancy. Changed the talent to 910, 1 in hero_class.var

Pretty easy. Definitely easier than messing with .exe files

(edit: hmm, guess not. My 2nd game got something random. Maybe I need to edit the .dat file then too
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

Свитков: 667
С нами с: 24.09.2014
СообщениеДобавлено: Вс Июн 25, 2017 16:51     Заголовок сообщения: Re: How do I edit the fixed_skills client to choose a skill?

Vendayn писал(а):
Hello Smile I got Eador during the Steam sales and downloaded this mod as well. However, my #1 favorite skill or class in games is Necromancy. Is there a way I can edit the fixed_skills .exe provided by the mod to start with Necromancy instead? I'd keep a backup of the original or use the regular client if I later decide to do something different or choose a different skill (if its easy enough to do myself anyway otherwise I don't want to make a bunch of requests for random skills lol). Any particular tool I can use to do this? Or is it pretty complicated to do this? Or is it possible one of you guys could do it if it is pretty complicated for a regular user?

I never edited a .exe before. I assume that is what I have to edit if I want to change to Necromancy to start with.

Hello Vendayn,

OK, first you need a binary file editor (I just use sed).
https://superuser.com/questions/14465/ points to http://frhed.sourceforge.net/en/ for example.

Copy Eador.exe to Eador_necromancy.exe
Open Eador_necromancy.exe with the binary file editor.
Find the sequence 2b ca 83 c1 0f 89 8e
Change it to b9 15 00 00 00 89 8e

Now every wizard will start with Necromancy.

The bash script I use is:

Код:
set -e
DEST=Eador_fixed_skills.exe
cp Eador.exe $DEST

function patch_skill_a {
   BASE=$(printf "%02x" $1)
   WANT=$(printf "%02x" $2)
   echo Patching $BASE to $WANT
   sed -i "s,\x2b\xca\x83\xc1\x$BASE\x89\x8e,\xb9\x$WANT\x00\x00\x00\x89\x8e,g" $DEST
}

function patch_skill_b {
   BASE=$(printf "%02x" $1)
   WANT=$(printf "%02x" $2)
   echo Patching $BASE to $WANT
   sed -i "s,\x2b\xca\x8d\x41\x$BASE\x89\x86,\xb8\x$WANT\x00\x00\x00\x89\x86,g" $DEST
}

patch_skill_b   1   7   # Commander    7 = Leadership
patch_skill_a   8  13   # Warrior   13 = Combat
patch_skill_a  15  18   # Wizard   18 = Thaumaturgy
patch_skill_a  22  22   # Scout      22 = Marksmanship

Regards.
   The last of the Daedroths

Застрельщик

Свитков: 21
С нами с: 15.06.2017
СообщениеДобавлено: Вс Июн 25, 2017 17:26     Заголовок сообщения:

I meant a different way of prescribing abilities. Using Unit.var and unit_upg.var. but anyway even with the existing ability of the mage is not able to keep the undead in army without the basic skill of necromancy. well Boon947 will help you
   Vendayn

Лекарь

СообщениеДобавлено: Пн Июн 26, 2017 20:52     Заголовок сообщения:

Hm, I did that and it didn't seem to work. But I just realized the Wizard in the campaign is different (pretty sure anyway) so maybe I did do it right...but campaign wizard ALWAYS starts with magic power+1, the wizard in the campaign never starts with anything else. Is that considered a "different" wizard than the skirmish ones? Or did I mess something up? I'll have to retry this coming weekend to make sure I did it right, since this week I won't be home on my PC.
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Вт Июн 27, 2017 13:15     Заголовок сообщения:

Vendayn писал(а):
Hm, I did that and it didn't seem to work. But I just realized the Wizard in the campaign is different (pretty sure anyway) so maybe I did do it right... but campaign wizard ALWAYS starts with magic power+1, the wizard in the campaign never starts with anything else.

Are you talking about the campaign tutorial - where the hero is chosen beforehand from a menu?
In the tutorial, starting skills are indeed fixed, and separate from the actual game mechanics.

Campaign and sandbox games rely on the same code to pick random starting skills.
If you attack an actual shard, and recruit a Wizard from the castle, he should always have Necromancy.
Try this binary if you can't get yours to work: http://eador.online.fr/Eador_Vendayn_270.exe

Regards.
   Vendayn

Лекарь

СообщениеДобавлено: Ср Июн 28, 2017 9:35     Заголовок сообщения:

Boon947 писал(а):
Vendayn писал(а):
Hm, I did that and it didn't seem to work. But I just realized the Wizard in the campaign is different (pretty sure anyway) so maybe I did do it right... but campaign wizard ALWAYS starts with magic power+1, the wizard in the campaign never starts with anything else.

Are you talking about the campaign tutorial - where the hero is chosen beforehand from a menu?
In the tutorial, starting skills are indeed fixed, and separate from the actual game mechanics.

Campaign and sandbox games rely on the same code to pick random starting skills.
If you attack an actual shard, and recruit a Wizard from the castle, he should always have Necromancy.
Try this binary if you can't get yours to work: http://eador.online.fr/Eador_Vendayn_270.exe

Regards.

Thanks Smile That works. Though I figured out my own version too. I didn't realize it, but I added an extra number by mistake. Not much time to play too much...but all the wizards get necromancy like they should.

Thanks for the help Smile
   pitagora

Боец

Свитков: 15
С нами с: 01.09.2013
СообщениеДобавлено: Пн Фев 26, 2018 23:42     Заголовок сообщения:

how can i read the # numbers?
i mean how did you know that those numbers are related to wizard first skill?
i also want to make some mod, but dont know how to do this part.
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Вт Фев 27, 2018 10:30     Заголовок сообщения:

pitagora писал(а):
How can I read the # numbers?

Have you looked at var/skill.var ?

Код:
 /1 Name: Logistics
 /2 Name: Discipline
 /3 Name: Offensive Tactics
 /4 Name: Defensive Tactics
 /5 Name: Ranged Tactics
 /6 Name: Maneuvering
 /7 Name: Leadership
 /8 Name: Weapon Master
 /9 Name: Armor Master
/10 Name: Constitution
/11 Name: Willpower
/12 Name: Athletics
/13 Name: Combat
/14 Name: Blacksmithing
/15 Name: Magic Power
/16 Name: Concentration
/17 Name: Summoning
/18 Name: Thaumaturgy
/19 Name: Wisdom
/20 Name: Wand Master
/21 Name: Necromancy
/22 Name: Marksmanship
/23 Name: Reaction
/24 Name: Scouting
/25 Name: Archery
/26 Name: Pathfinding
/27 Name: Diplomacy
/28 Name: Looting

Regards.
   pitagora

Боец

Свитков: 15
С нами с: 01.09.2013
СообщениеДобавлено: Вт Фев 27, 2018 20:26     Заголовок сообщения:

what i meant to say is that after loading the .exe file in a # editor i dont understand anything.
how can i mod it if i dont know how to read?
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Мар 03, 2018 19:20     Заголовок сообщения:

pitagora писал(а):
After loading the .exe file in a # editor I don't understand anything.

If you want to change a hero's starting skill, I provided the script to do so:
http://eador.com/B2/viewtopic.php?p=296940#296940

If you want to do something else, some reverse engineering is required.
Часовой пояс: GMT +3:00

Ты не можешь начинать темы
Ты не можешь отвечать на сообщения
Ты не можешь редактировать свои сообщения
Ты не можешь удалять свои сообщения
Ты не можешь голосовать в опросах
на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index Eador. The Genesis. Encyclopedia на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index