на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
на Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
Эадор.Сотворение - Eador.The Genesis на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
на Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
Автор / Сообщение

Discussion of the game

wmaster

Великий Дух Астрала
admin
Стража Древних

Свитков: 13480
С нами с: 28.03.2008
СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Апр 18, 2008 14:51     Заголовок сообщения: Discussion of the game

Greetings! Smile

We're very glad to Salute You on our small Official Forum of the game.

Here we shall try to answer all your questions about the game "Eador. The Genesis" (Эадор. Сотворение).

You can ask any question about the game in this topic.

We will be grateful if you left your own opinion and impressions of the game in next topic .

Also, you can visit english-speakers forums and sites, that talkin' about "Eador. The Genesis":

1. New indie Russian TBS/RPG - Eador.

2. Eador is a fully 2d game. You may call it 'old school'

Последний раз редактировалось: wmaster (Пт Мая 13, 2011 15:00), всего редактировалось 21 раз(а)
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение Посетить сайт автора
   Grzegt

Ополченец

Свитков: 5
С нами с: 13.03.2010
СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Мая 12, 2011 13:32     Заголовок сообщения: need help

Hi all.

I can play quite competently on difficulty levels below expert. But when I'm trying to play Eador on expert level, I can't make it. After I clear 1st circle of neutral provinces, my hero is level 10 or so, and he is too weak for 2nd circle, so I'm stuck. Also, it takes me about 50 turns. Somewhere on the forum I read that by turn 30, my main hero should have level about 15. But when I play, I barely get level 5... I'm using scout + barbarians. After each combat, even an easy one like 3orcs+2goblins, my barbarians are wounded and some may be killed. So I need to return to castle and wait for my barbarians to heal, which means I can start one fight every 3-4 turns. I also tried to use robbers (cheap but they die even more often) and pikemen (too expensive).
What am I doing wrong? Do you have any advice, or maybe a movie that would show how to play?

By the way, there was a thread about translating the game to english. I actually did it for my own needs - I feeded all the .txt and .var files to google translate. It was time consuming, and the translation is quite poor, but it works fine enough for me. :)
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
   Drosel

* Небесный Лорд *
admin
Небесная стража

Свитков: 2108
С нами с: 22.09.2009
СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Мая 12, 2011 13:50     Заголовок сообщения:

Hello,

The main trick for maintaining tempo is to not skip turns for healing purposes. This may be achieved in three ways:
1) minimize damage received by your units (this is obvious, but may require some non-trivial plays);
2) if you prefer using cheap units not requiring special resources to hire, it is easier to buy new warriors for next combat and to leave wounded in garrison to regenerate faster;
3) play with healer unit or use Healing spell.

Also we have a topic with gameplay videos from our experienced players, but all videos have comments only in russian.

Maybe you should try 3 swordsmen with healer. This is very expensive tactic and it is impermissible to lose any of them early, but it is also very effective one with Scout.

If you want to practice on a higher difficulty level, you also may try to start with the Warrior - he pairs well almost with any units, but remember that when unit dies all experience it gained (and hero did not) is lost, so losing too much units slows you down significantly.

Последний раз редактировалось: Drosel (Чт Мая 12, 2011 15:38), всего редактировалось 2 раз(а)
   wmaster

Великий Дух Астрала
admin
Стража Древних

Свитков: 13480
С нами с: 28.03.2008
СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Мая 12, 2011 14:26     Заголовок сообщения: Re: need help

2Grzegt:

Hi.

At first, you should know that Difficulty of the game have Influence on:

1. neutral units Hit Points (HP. for Easy level = 55%, for Expert = 100% HP. second column of the table),

2. Player's experience from the battle (for Easy level = 130%, for Expert = 100%. 3rd column),

3. Player's start money (for Easy level = 1000, for Expert = 500 of gold. 5th column)

(difficulty, at russian. First column of table is difficulty lelel = Easy (min), Normal, Hard, Expert, Master, Lord (sovereign) and Overlord (max))

In the Video-On-Demand's thread you can find games with:

1. Scout using browsers Search on Page Ctrl-F + "развед" combination

2. and Ctrl-F + "варвар" for Barbarians,

3. or Warrior - using Ctrl-F + "воин",

4. Wizard - using Ctrl-F + "волшебн",

5. Commander - using Ctrl-F + "команд".

(because Google Translate can skip a few words with non-ordinal writing)
Dragon Cave #ffe0b0 #006595
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение Посетить сайт автора
   Grzegt

Ополченец

СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Мая 13, 2011 18:04     Заголовок сообщения: thanks

Thanks for the links to videos. Although I can't get any about scout, I learned a lot from those about warrior.
   Drosel

* Небесный Лорд *
admin
Небесная стража

СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Мая 13, 2011 18:21     Заголовок сообщения:

VOD #17 is about Scout with swordsmen and healer. There are two different games in three parts each with same strategy. Did you watched them?
   Grzegt

Ополченец

СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Мая 13, 2011 18:28     Заголовок сообщения:

No, I didn't watch them because
Цитата:
Download not available
The following download is not available:
http://rapidshare.com/files/427077340/archer.rar0 KB

The same with VOD12/4.

But that's OK, I can learn from other videos.
   Drosel

* Небесный Лорд *
admin
Небесная стража

СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Мая 13, 2011 18:42     Заголовок сообщения:

Indeed, first part of VOD-17.1 is no longer available Sad Still you may download VOD-17.2 (last three links, they are independent of first three). Sapher plays quite good, I am sure you won't regret if you spend some time watching that video Smile
   SunnyRay

Ϋ Король Ϋ
admin
IV Of. Champion

Champion of Eador. Golden Crown Award

Свитков: 948
С нами с: 07.09.2009
СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Мая 14, 2011 0:10     Заголовок сообщения:

Most of VODs are available on russian torrent tracker (registration required).
#12 is here: http://rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3448418
#17 here: http://rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3038130

At least they were not lost forever, someone can get videos there and upload them again.
   Nord

Артефактолог
Трололо

Свитков: 1457
С нами с: 03.08.2010
СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Мая 14, 2011 1:01     Заголовок сообщения: Re: need help

Grzegt писал(а):
I'm using scout + barbarians.

unsuccessful strategy imho (scout not always get enough command for barbarians) . try good units with healer.
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение ICQ
Часовой пояс: GMT +3:00

Ты не можешь начинать темы
Ты не можешь отвечать на сообщения
Ты не можешь редактировать свои сообщения
Ты не можешь удалять свои сообщения
Ты не можешь голосовать в опросах
на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index Eador. The Genesis. Encyclopedia на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index