на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
на Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
Эадор.Сотворение - Eador.The Genesis на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
на Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
Автор / Сообщение

Impressions of "Eador. The Genesis" game

wmaster

Великий Дух Астрала
admin
Стража Древних

Свитков: 13480
С нами с: 28.03.2008
СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Мая 13, 2011 14:55     Заголовок сообщения: Impressions of "Eador. The Genesis" game

We will be grateful if you left your own opinion and impressions of "Eador. The Genesis" game in this topic.

Also, you can visit english-speakers forums and sites, that talkin' about Eador:

1. New indie Russian TBS/RPG - Eador.

2. Eador is a fully 2d game. You may call it 'old school'

Dragon Cave #ffe0b0 #006595

Последний раз редактировалось: wmaster (Ср Dec 21, 2011 19:21), всего редактировалось 8 раз(а)
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение Посетить сайт автора
   Grzegt

Ополченец

Свитков: 5
С нами с: 13.03.2010
СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Мая 13, 2011 18:18     Заголовок сообщения: good

This is one of my favourite fantasy strategy games. The particular features that I like the most are:
- Stamina system. It makes it possible for swarms of weak units to kill one stronger, when it gets tired. The only other game I've seen this is Dominions.
- No unit stacking, as opposed to HOMM
- Units can gain experience like heroes
- Lower-level units and spells don't become useless in late game. There is always some use for them. In other games it too often happens that once you reach bettech 'technology', the old one becomes completely useless. It's not the case here.
- Map has small number of tiles, but each of them is like a mini-map itself, with sites, buildings, castle, guards, shops, etc. This is very different from most games, where each terrain feature, like shop, would be on a separate map tile.

And the downsides:
-It is so damn difficult to play this game if you can't read russian!
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
   wmaster

Великий Дух Астрала
admin
Стража Древних

Свитков: 13480
С нами с: 28.03.2008
СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Мая 13, 2011 21:33     Заголовок сообщения: Re: good

Grzegt писал(а):

We try to translate this game over 2 years... but it so difficult..
Don't have seriously good translater (professional) with literary experience Crying or Very sad

Google translate really such bad?
Dragon Cave #ffe0b0 #006595

Последний раз редактировалось: wmaster (Пн Dec 19, 2011 23:13), всего редактировалось 1 раз
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение Посетить сайт автора
   Grzegt

Ополченец

Свитков: 5
С нами с: 13.03.2010
СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Мая 14, 2011 21:51     Заголовок сообщения: Re: good

wmaster писал(а):

Google translate really such bad?

Translation is ugly, but that's not the problem. The problem is you need all .txt and .var files translated, so that the game can display text in english, and it takes so much time!

I don't know any way to automate translation of files, so I spent 3 days copying text from files to google translate page, then copying results back, then fixing parse problems like broken number printing (%s -> % s) or missing semicolons (;)
   Olegolas

Проводник

Свитков: 66
С нами с: 17.10.2010
СообщениеДобавлено: Вс Июл 31, 2011 9:30     Заголовок сообщения: Re: good

Grzegt писал(а):
This is one of my favourite fantasy strategy games. The particular features that I like the most are:
- Stamina system. It makes it possible for swarms of weak units to kill one stronger, when it gets tired. The only other game I've seen this is Dominions.
- No unit stacking, as opposed to HOMM
- Units can gain experience like heroes
- Lower-level units and spells don't become useless in late game. There is always some use for them. In other games it too often happens that once you reach bettech 'technology', the old one becomes completely useless. It's not the case here.
- Map has small number of tiles, but each of them is like a mini-map itself, with sites, buildings, castle, guards, shops, etc. This is very different from most games, where each terrain feature, like shop, would be on a separate map tile.

And the downsides:

Wow, and I thought only Russians play English games without actually knowing the language Smile
The game is gr8, by the way, and next year hopefully it will be available in 3d and in English Smile So don't despare!
   tarianz

Амазонка

Свитков: 1
С нами с: 06.09.2011
СообщениеДобавлено: Вт Сен 06, 2011 21:49     Заголовок сообщения:

I liked that game!
u46u46u46u46u46u46u46u46u46u46u46u46u46u46u46u46u46u46u46u46u46u46u46u46u46u46u46u46u46u46u46u46u46u46
u46u46u46u46u46u46u46u46u46u46u46u46u46u46u46u46u46u46u46u46u46u46u46u46u46u46u46u46u46u46u46u46u46u46u46
u46u46u46u46u46u46u46u46u46u46u46u46u46u46u46u46u46u46u46u46u46u46u46u46u46u46u46u46u46u46u46u46u46u46u46
u46u46u46u46u46u46u46u46u46u46u46u46u46
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо

Последний раз редактировалось: tarianz (Пт Сен 21, 2018 7:39), всего редактировалось 3 раз(а)
   Fenixp

Боец

Свитков: 8
С нами с: 05.12.2012
СообщениеДобавлено: Ср Dec 05, 2012 18:10     Заголовок сообщения:

All right, I've played the tutorial and ... Well I'm just popping by to say two things:
a) I hate turn-based strategy games. For the most part, I hate them with passion. With a few exceptions, that I extremely fall in love with
b) I have extremely fallen in love with Eador. It's one of a kind. It's brilliant. It's not too hard for me, which is always a dealbreaker as far as I'm concerned (on beginner, of course.)

That is all. I just love the game, it's pleasantly surprised me.
   NecRus888

† Дух Ночи †
admin
Тёмный канцлер

Свитков: 2385
С нами с: 26.10.2009
СообщениеДобавлено: Ср Dec 05, 2012 19:08     Заголовок сообщения:

Thanx for the nice words.
You are welcome on this site. You can asking any questions. Feel free to communicate us
We have greatest base of knowlegde about world of Eador and will share this with our new friends with pleasure

Боец

СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Dec 06, 2012 3:23     Заголовок сообщения:

Well I've finally finished the bloody tutorial (What would I do with my life if I didn't have every territory at 70% explored status, at the very least? I mean really, what kind of man would I be?)
*spoilers follow*
First of all, I was kinda bummed my hero unit didn't follow me. Second, the story 'twist' was awesome - "Oh, right, what we told you so far is not true, you're actually a demigod. ... Why are you looking at me like that?" I dig the sense of humor. Anyway, I'm gonna make this into a question as well: Are there ways, later on, to transfer heroes between the shards? At least a single hero? Please?
Right, next... A game that takes place on a level of 'universe' (awesome level selector, and I think it's gonna be even more later on,) 'world,' individual bits of the world via exploration AND a battlefield. Nice. Very nice. That combined with the fact that not every encounter needs to be hostile and negotiation can be an option at times is awesome. And... Well, I can just see myself playing more and more of this towards a total and complete addiction. Oh, and to finish this up with a question: Are you people still working on the network portion of the game, or is repeatedly clicking 'unacceptable' not going to do anything?
   HerrHolkin

∞ Владыка Душ ∞
Ветеран
Демиург: Мастер игр

Свитков: 4430
С нами с: 20.11.2009
СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Dec 06, 2012 4:03     Заголовок сообщения:

Fenixp писал(а):
Are you people still working on the network portion of the game, or is repeatedly clicking 'unacceptable' not going to do anything?

Three years of hard work but nothing to release yet. Still waiting...

Campaign is a quite long challenge. I advise you to skip several first shards as fast as you can with the scout+swordmen+healer for example. Thus you will get some important building plans and you can see more campaign events. If you spend several hours for a shard you can forget something of yours campaign experience.
When you get building for recruiting hydras from eggs it becomes more interesting to block your opponent in his castle and explore shard collecting item sets.
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение ICQ
   Mystic

ξ Маг ξ
Ветеран

Свитков: 493
С нами с: 02.02.2010
СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Dec 06, 2012 4:53     Заголовок сообщения:

Nice to watch your game experience, Fenixp Smile

If you'll be able to transfer heroes between the shards, the game soon will become boring for you - every shard is a random generated map mostly without any scripts and special scenario conditions.

Network game is still planning, but the game developer encountered some problems with a staff who took responsibility for it. Welcome to our "we want the network game!" club Smile
   Fenixp

Боец

СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Dec 06, 2012 13:20     Заголовок сообщения:

HerrHolkin: What exactly is the advantage of rushing trough the first shards, aside from unlocking new content? I'm one of the people who like to take their time, you see, even if it ended up in me not actually finishing the game (I'm not really a finisher after all, to me the imporatant bit is how enjoyable is the part I do manage to play. If the game does have 120 hours, there's no way I'll be able to finish it anytime soon - too much of actual life in the way.)

Mystic: Fair point about the heroes. And at least it gives me a chance to try all of them properly.
   HerrHolkin

∞ Владыка Душ ∞
Ветеран
Демиург: Мастер игр

Свитков: 4430
С нами с: 20.11.2009
СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Dec 06, 2012 19:56     Заголовок сообщения:

Fenixp писал(а):
HerrHolkin: What exactly is the advantage of rushing trough the first shards, aside from unlocking new content?

Campaign is very long. And there are several variants of finishing it. I played Eador a lot, but i have only one variant done.
First shards are quite simple. You just lose time taking all low level sites and low level treasures. You also have difficult sites but not so much.
Later you will have more difficult sites on the shards and a lot of new opportunities like taking hydra or phoenix to your army.
For example you have only 4-6 unit sites with zombies and skeletons on the first shard. Next group of shards contain sites with the or two ones.
Next appears sites with This can make trouble. Smile It has good defense. And next here is .
I think it is more interesting to challenge the site with 2 vampires and 3 ghosts then killing several hundreds of zombies.
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение ICQ
   мечтатель

Застрельщик
Author of the first english review

Свитков: 15
СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Dec 08, 2012 15:47     Заголовок сообщения:

Hey there, Fenixp! I feel the same way; this game just kind of keeps on surprising you, doesn't it? I think Eador has that rare spirit of adventure that makes everything feel like stepping into the unknown - but I digress. To add my two cents, I'm at about my twelfth shard - and have rushed through some of my conquests, while taking my time to explore others. Both options seem equally valid to me; but I think the benefit of waiting to explore larger, later-game shards is that your likelihood of finding the coolest stuff drastically increases. HerrHolkin pointed out how the enemey composition grows - I for one like the chance of fighting, and more importantly recruiting, these folks. But you know?

There's no downside to taking your time, not at all. For one, just exploring the world and seeing what new events crop up each shard before finally moving on, is a joy in and of itself. Another thing about this game I like - even though I sometimes only have an hour or so to play it, it is very much the sort of game you can play, have a cup of tea and coffee to think over, and return later with a fresh strategy and desire to explore.

Ополченец

Свитков: 4
С нами с: 08.12.2012
СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Dec 08, 2012 18:41     Заголовок сообщения:

Hello guys!

I bought the game on GOG 2 days ago and I just had to register to tell you how mighty impressed and amazed I am! I'm a long time gamer and big fan of fantasy strategy games (Master of Magic, Heroes of Might & Magic, Age of Wonders, Disciples, Lords of Magic, Birthright, etc) and my first reaction to Eador was "Wow! This was released in 2009?? How come I never heard about this awesome game?". Then I found out it was due to it only being available in Russian until now! You guys sure can keep a secret!

This game is another shining example of why I love Russian developers. You Russians make such creative and unique games, always having the courage to just pursue your own ideas of what could be fun. This can and does result in some big flops at times, but when you pull it off right it can also produce some of the deepest, most enjoyable games one can find such as Space Rangers 2, the King's Bounty remakes and so on. When you look at these games, you can immediately notice how a lot of love has gone into their making, a lot of attention even to the smallest details.

I get this same feeling about Eador. There's depth, so many things to do, so much content to explore in such a clever blend of features from successful games of the genre. I was very pleasantly surprised by the quality of the writing too as that (or at least its translation) tends to be a weak point of Russian games. Not so in Eador, the stories are very well written and the dialogue options provide a healthy balance of serious and humorous choices. The music is also very cozy and the whole game is just a true pleasure to look at with its lovely 2D art and gorgeous colors. It all has this wonderful golden late 90s feel to it, bringing back the atmosphere of an era that produced (in my opinion) most of the best games in history. I'm so glad Eador rekindled that charming style in both its presentation and gameplay. All in all, outstanding job guys, thank you so much for this game!

PS: I noticed there's a sequel in the works too! That's wonderful news, I already voted for it on Steam and going to buy it as soon as it's released! Keep up the good work, this title deserves to become a highly successful series!
   Ankelesh

Ψ Стратег Древних Ψ
Маг
Империи

Свитков: 6262
С нами с: 06.05.2011
СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Dec 08, 2012 19:49     Заголовок сообщения:

Nelway писал(а):
Hello guys!

I bought the game on GOG 2 days ago and I just had to register to tell you how mighty impressed and amazed I am! I'm a long time gamer and big fan of fantasy strategy games (Master of Magic, Heroes of Might & Magic, Age of Wonders, Disciples, Lords of Magic, Birthright, etc) and my first reaction to Eador was "Wow! This was released in 2009?? How come I never heard about this awesome game?". Then I found out it was due to it only being available in Russian until now! You guys sure can keep a secret!

This game is another shining example of why I love Russian developers. You Russians make such creative and unique games, always having the courage to just pursue your own ideas of what could be fun. This can and does result in some big flops at times, but when you pull it off right it can also produce some of the deepest, most enjoyable games one can find such as Space Rangers 2, the King's Bounty remakes and so on. When you look at these games, you can immediately notice how a lot of love has gone into their making, a lot of attention even to the smallest details.

I get this same feeling about Eador. There's depth, so many things to do, so much content to explore in such a clever blend of features from successful games of the genre. I was very pleasantly surprised by the quality of the writing too as that (or at least its translation) tends to be a weak point of Russian games. Not so in Eador, the stories are very well written and the dialogue options provide a healthy balance of serious and humorous choices. The music is also very cozy and the whole game is just a true pleasure to look at with its lovely 2D art and gorgeous colors. It all has this wonderful golden late 90s feel to it, bringing back the atmosphere of an era that produced (in my opinion) most of the best games in history. I'm so glad Eador rekindled that charming style in both its presentation and gameplay. All in all, outstanding job guys, thank you so much for this game!

PS: I noticed there's a sequel in the works too! That's wonderful news, I already voted for it on Steam and going to buy it as soon as it's released! Keep up the good work, this title deserves to become a highly successful series!

Yeah, eador is full of content,but, you wouldn't believe, some players want MOAR content and MOAR else.
And, sorry, but Masters of a broken world wouldn't be a sequel. It will be the same Eador-the genesis but in fine 3D!
   Monkeyfinger

Ополченец

Свитков: 4
С нами с: 09.12.2012
СообщениеДобавлено: Вс Dec 09, 2012 21:17     Заголовок сообщения:

Your first link, the RPGcodex one, is outdated. It's from 2009 and it covers the russian release.

Here are some some recent links about the english version:

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/russian-indie-hit-eador-genesis-got-an-english-release.78616/ (up-to-date RPGcodex thread)
http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/110243-eador-genesis-released-on-gogcom-in-english.html
http://www.octopusoverlords.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=83976

Haven't started playing the game yet. Impressions will come later.
   мечтатель

Застрельщик
Author of the first english review

Свитков: 15
СообщениеДобавлено: Пн Dec 10, 2012 12:12     Заголовок сообщения:

Nelway - You summed up everything that is great about Eador in a nutshell. I can't second your opinions strongly enough. Cool Welcome, and if you ever need some help - or want to contribute to the growing strategy FAQ - stop on by the War Academy if you haven't already!

Ankelesh - I only hope those players become modders eventually, instead of just asking for new stuff...

Monkeyfinger - Thanks for the fresh news. Looking forward to hearing your impressions!

† Мастер клинка †
Ветеран

Свитков: 714
С нами с: 13.10.2009
СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Dec 14, 2012 3:06     Заголовок сообщения:

I don't know how author feels about this (hope it does not offend him) but this is not russian game - it's ukrainian actually.
We're not total foreigners to each other, I hope this understandable tendency to call Eador "russian game" and its developers "russian" too doesn't hurt anyone's feelings. Now it has more reasons to be called "russian" because of publisher etc. but originally it's ukrainian.

It's very enjoyable to read others first impressions, thank you, it brings up good memories Smile
   Ankelesh

Ψ Стратег Древних Ψ
Маг
Империи

Свитков: 6262
С нами с: 06.05.2011
СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Dec 14, 2012 8:41     Заголовок сообщения:

sher писал(а):
I don't know how author feels about this (hope it does not offend him) but this is not russian game - it's ukrainian actually.
We're not total foreigners to each other, I hope this understandable tendency to call Eador "russian game" and its developers "russian" too doesn't hurt anyone's feelings. Now it has more reasons to be called "russian" because of publisher etc. but originally it's ukrainian.

It's very enjoyable to read others first impressions, thank you, it brings up good memories Smile

Nobody cares. We speak JRPG at all games with the same qualities by JRPG, and we speak @East game" when game is made in France, so on USA, so in Germany.
Часовой пояс: GMT +3:00
На страницу 1, 2  След.

Ты не можешь начинать темы
Ты не можешь отвечать на сообщения
Ты не можешь редактировать свои сообщения
Ты не можешь удалять свои сообщения
Ты не можешь голосовать в опросах
на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index Eador. The Genesis. Encyclopedia на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index