на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
на Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
Эадор.Сотворение - Eador.The Genesis на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
на Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
Автор / Сообщение

New Horizons - Questions about the rat race building tree

bavarian kid

ς Друид ς
Ветеран

Свитков: 206
С нами с: 13.09.2013
СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Июл 31, 2014 11:29     Заголовок сообщения: New Horizons - Questions about the rat race building tree

Hi guys,

I decided to try out the latest russian release of new horizons (v.14.0331) without being able to speak a single word of russian Laughing . After guessing myself through the dialogues and taking out the required necromancers I successfully made an alliance with the rat race Very Happy .

After checking out the available rat race buidlings, I guess the building tree looks like that

My problem: I have encountered several interesting rat race units ingame and I have no clue which buildings I need to unlock them.

What do I have to to to unlock the ...

1. Mage unit

2. Mech Unit

3. High end ranged unit

Please let me know what I have to do to get this units. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
   Максим Некромант

* Великий Дух *
Ветеран
Демиург: Мастер игр

Свитков: 2385
С нами с: 10.08.2013
СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Июл 31, 2014 12:00     Заголовок сообщения:

You can't get this unit by building any buildings. But you need the building with picture of this unit in building's icon to summon it to your army. But, I think it isn't mistake, the Great Rat (Великий Крысс) haven't any method to get he to your army. You can recruit the Master of Decay (Повелитель Распада) and Reaper (Свежеватель) by scrolls, that you can find or buy. Search in inner_build.var lines Abilities: 15 Param1: x, where the x is a number of unit in unit.var. If you don't find this line, you can't recruit this unit only by building, also you need a summoner scroll.
   bavarian kid

ς Друид ς
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Июл 31, 2014 12:53     Заголовок сообщения:

Максим Некромант писал(а):
You can't get this unit by building any buildings. But you need the building with picture of this unit in building's icon to summon it to your army. But, I think it isn't mistake, the Great Rat (Великий Крысс) haven't any method to get he to your army. You can recruit the Master of Decay (Повелитель Распада) and Reaper (Свежеватель) by scrolls, that you can find or buy. Search in inner_build.var lines Abilities: 15 Param1: x, where the x is a number of unit in unit.var. If you don't find this line, you can't recruit this unit only by building, also you need a summoner scroll.

Thanks for your info & quick reply - very friendly people here at eador formus Smile .

It would be great for the enjoyment factor to allow recruitment of Master of Decay (Повелитель Распада) by means of castle building/ purchaseable castle shop scroll to the player.

Otherwise Tier 3 and 4 offers only melee-based units ... and as consequence rather dull battle strategies. A tier 3 mage unit that gains new and interesting spells over time would allow so much more strategic options and variety for battles.

Hopyfully Jazz accepts feature requests ... Wink
   Максим Некромант

* Великий Дух *
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Июл 31, 2014 13:06     Заголовок сообщения:

The Master of Decay is very strong and imbalance unit, when he will upgrade to about 15 level, he has some massive spells - fever (I'm not sure that it is right translation, the very strong cold, by russian -лихорадка), which provide damage to all people in big area for long time, and other, which decrease stats of all people in big area. The Master of Decay is a master of debaffing in Eador, two or three of them in your army - and you shouldn't care about big army of enemy, they go to your line with a very little life and stamina. If they can survive...
In youtube channel, which is write on the bottom of my message, you can find the video, which was named "Серый Совет". It is a very good demonstration, what can do the Master of Decay with strong army.
If you want to try this unit, you should rewrite the inner build.var and add lines, which let you to recruiting Master by building the linked buildings.
   bavarian kid

ς Друид ς
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Июл 31, 2014 13:39     Заголовок сообщения:

If you want to try this unit, you should rewrite the inner build.var and add lines, which let you to recruiting Master by building the linked buildings.

Sounds great so far.

Issues:
- I have no clue how to modify .var files in general
- I do not know which lines to add specifically for my desired result "recruitment of Master of Decay (Повелитель Распада) is available by means of castle building/ purchaseable castle shop scroll"
- language barrier issue: v.14.0331 .var files seem to be in russian - it looks like I am not able to read russian var files correctly on my system.

I know it is a great favor but if you or another kind soul could find 15 minutes or so to create a modified inner build.var and create a dropbox link for download it would be deeply appreciated.
   Максим Некромант

* Великий Дух *
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Июл 31, 2014 13:56     Заголовок сообщения:

I wrote one mistake, the number of abil... I don't have a possibility to upload the correct file, because I haven't this version of Eador... try to find "/281", if in next lines will be "Gold cost 400 GemCost 35 Group 17" it is the correct building. Add this line:

Ability: 8
Param1: 232
Param2: 0

All of them must be write with right structure, this block must has an empty lines before and after them, you can see in other part of file to reproduce the structure. How I know, it is enough to have possibility to recruit the unit with 232 number, but check that it is really Master of Decay, he has an ability with similar name in init's block in unit.var.
   bavarian kid

ς Друид ς
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Июл 31, 2014 14:22     Заголовок сообщения:

I wrote one mistake, the number of abil... I don't have a possibility to upload the correct file, because I haven't this version of Eador... try to find "/281", if in next lines will be "Gold cost 400 GemCost 35 Group 17" it is the correct building. Add this line:

Ability: 8
Param1: 232
Param2: 0

All of them must be write with right structure, this block must has an empty lines before and after them, you can see in other part of file to reproduce the structure. How I know, it is enough to have possibility to recruit the unit with 232 number, but check that it is really Master of Decay, he has an ability with similar name in init's block in unit.var.

Ok. I modified inner_build. var.

I tested a savegame with an existing rat race alliance (tier 1 tree chosen like in screenshot)

the good: Master of Decay image appears in building tree
not so good: no scroll of Master of Decay appears in the castle shop

I have savegames available for both pre-rat alliance (one turn away from making the alliance) and an existing rat race alliance. Please let me know if you want download links for testing purposes. Or do I have to start a completely new map for the changes to work ?
   Максим Некромант

* Великий Дух *
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Июл 31, 2014 14:33     Заголовок сообщения:

By this action he should be in recruit window, not in shop. But I think, that there not place for them. Is there an empty place in union's street? In there you can recruit the union's unit, as orcs, elves, goblins, etc... Find the first building in rats technology level, and rewrite number of recruiting unit to Master's number. Before that, download the russian version of notepad++ or rusification to them. If you can't read name of units and building in .var it is very hard to do anything.
And it is better to rerun the application, because it use static links, thats are update before loading game, not in action.
   bavarian kid

ς Друид ς
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Июл 31, 2014 15:11     Заголовок сообщения:

Is there an empty place in union's street?

No, spot is occupied by tier 1 rat melee unit.

Before that, download the russian version of notepad++ or rusification to them. If you can't read name of units and building in .var it is very hard to do anything.

I agree. After installing the russian version of notepad++ I can read the russian words correctly. Does not do me that much good however, since I do not understand them Laughing

But at least I can use ctrl+F to search ...

Find the first building in rats technology level

Please give me the russian keywords I need to search notepad++ for the first building in rats technology level

... and rewrite number of recruiting unit to Master's number.

Please forgive the newbie question but what do you mean by "number of recruiting unit"?
Is my assumption correct and "number of recruiting unit" is "Param1:" so I have to enter "Param1: 232"?

Thanks for coaching me step by step by the way Smile
   Максим Некромант

* Великий Дух *
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Июл 31, 2014 15:33     Заголовок сообщения:

Yes, the situation is that I mean, you simply haven't place to recruit the Master. You can read and rewrite parameters of building and unit in .var files by searching for their russian name, that you can find in game. Yes, you correctly understand me, Param2 always have "0" attribute, the number after Param1 is link to unit and similar with his number in unit.var. Now you can see, who is it, because you can see russian word Smile
The 1st technology level of rats buildings are цех туннелепроходчиков, храм клана чумы. You can rewrite the number of unit after Param1, to change the unit, who is recruted after creating building. It is the second ability, after Ability: 1, there are Ability: 8, and it's Param1 is linked to recruiting unit.
If you have any questions you can write they in this forum. Of course, the big part of people hard-work in the garden and plant, but some people are there and can help you.
If you want, you can write in russian part of forum by translater, more people will have a notification, but it is better to write in this part of forum. More simply to you to translate into your language.
   Kettarienne

* Бессмертный *
New Horizons Team

Свитков: 1500
С нами с: 09.10.2012
СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Июл 31, 2014 16:19     Заголовок сообщения:

Those units you're asking for aren't there for a reason: they are simply too strong.
However, one cannot help but admire your dedication. I could easily mod them obtainable, if that's what you wish. Just one question: do you mind restarting your current map? And if you DO mind, send a pic of your castle building screen, I need to know what have you built and where to put them.

ς Друид ς
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Июл 31, 2014 19:25     Заголовок сообщения:

Kettarienne писал(а):
Those units you're asking for aren't there for a reason: they are simply too strong.
However, one cannot help but admire your dedication. I could easily mod them obtainable, if that's what you wish. Just one question: do you mind restarting your current map? And if you DO mind, send a pic of your castle building screen, I need to know what have you built and where to put them.

"mod them obtainable" sounds very good to me.
Starting a new map is no problem. However, a quick fix would be even better ... here is my castle building screen.

Will this modified var work with entirely new maps too ?
Will the mod work always work with both branches of the rat race tech tree (driller/magic bolt thrower vs potion brewer/poison bazooka unit) or do I have to choose a specific branch in new games ?
Anyway, thanks in advance for your mod.
   Jazz

* Мастер Астрала *
admin
Грандмастер НГ

Свитков: 3162
С нами с: 23.10.2011
СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Июл 31, 2014 19:39     Заголовок сообщения:

off top Begin Play non-localized version - it's hard! off top End Very Happy
Собирает урожай.
Тот, кто нежить в бой ведёт,
От твоей руки падёт.
И останется один
В чистом поле – паладин!
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение ICQ
   Kettarienne

* Бессмертный *
New Horizons Team

СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Июл 31, 2014 20:02     Заголовок сообщения:

So, here's the link to a quickfix. http://goo.gl/6asUS1
There's a .rar archive with 3 .var files. Copy them onto your current ones (don't forget to backup though).
It works (or should work) as follows: ritual "Тварь Хаоса" (the demon-summoning M2 one, you have it) now summons one of those units you mentioned. Of your choice, the menu is in english. Works on pre-existing saves.
In case something goes wrong, swap back those 3 .vars from the backup (you made one, didn't you?).

And here comes the proper fix. http://goo.gl/iZokCf
Similar archive, install it the same way (but not before reverting changes of the other fix, if you want your demon-summoning ritual back to normal).
It just adds all extra ratmen units available the usual way through summoning scrolls. Does not work on pre-existing saves. You need to start a new map for it to behave properly.
If you see any black squares in skroll's property list, DO NOT click it. It will crush the game outright. You really shouldn't be seing those, but in case you see one: DO NOT click it. In fact, don't even mousover it.
In case something goes wrong, swap back those 3 .vars from your backup.

ς Друид ς
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Июл 31, 2014 21:35     Заголовок сообщения:

Kettarienne писал(а):
So, here's the link to a quickfix. http://goo.gl/6asUS1
There's a .rar archive with 3 .var files. Copy them onto your current ones (don't forget to backup though).
It works (or should work) as follows: ritual "Тварь Хаоса" (the demon-summoning M2 one, you have it) now summons one of those units you mentioned. Of your choice, the menu is in english. Works on pre-existing saves.
In case something goes wrong, swap back those 3 .vars from the backup (you made one, didn't you?).

And here comes the proper fix. http://goo.gl/iZokCf
Similar archive, install it the same way (but not before reverting changes of the other fix, if you want your demon-summoning ritual back to normal).
It just adds all extra ratmen units available the usual way through summoning scrolls. Does not work on pre-existing saves. You need to start a new map for it to behave properly.
If you see any black squares in skroll's property list, DO NOT click it. It will crush the game outright. You really shouldn't be seing those, but in case you see one: DO NOT click it. In fact, don't even mousover it.
In case something goes wrong, swap back those 3 .vars from your backup.

Thanks for the great mod ... works as planned - you just made my day Very Happy

Until now I could use Master of Decay only by manually controlling the tier 4 province guard using the following cheat engine script https://www.dropbox.com/s/900w2fax3ej2nq2/Eador%20Genesis%201.05.2%20v4.CT I found it on the gog forums - however the original thread is no longer available.

Anyways, you guys are the best. Lets find out what the Master of Decay can do ...

Kettarienne

* Бессмертный *
New Horizons Team

СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Июл 31, 2014 21:49     Заголовок сообщения:

Btw, you mentioned only 3 out of the 6 (semi-)unobtainable ratmen units in your version of the game. Try the 2nd fix as well, it containes them all.

ς Друид ς
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Авг 01, 2014 16:42     Заголовок сообщения:

Kettarienne писал(а):
Btw, you mentioned only 3 out of the 6 (semi-)unobtainable ratmen units in your version of the game. Try the 2nd fix as well, it containes them all.

Mod for new maps works fine too. I like the diversity the new unit building tree offers. Very nice concept Very Happy
Thanks for your work.

Часовой пояс: GMT +3:00

Ты не можешь начинать темы
Ты не можешь отвечать на сообщения
Ты не можешь редактировать свои сообщения
Ты не можешь удалять свои сообщения
Ты не можешь голосовать в опросах
на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index Eador. The Genesis. Encyclopedia на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index