на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
на Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
Эадор.Сотворение - Eador.The Genesis на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
на Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
Автор / Сообщение

New Horizons release discussion

basil

Застрельщик

Свитков: 19
С нами с: 03.09.2013
СообщениеДобавлено: Вт Окт 08, 2013 21:09     Заголовок сообщения:

Drakon писал(а):
basil писал(а):
Is there any information on roughly when the next update will be? Did Alexei Bokulev get around to releasing that update he had planned for Eador?

Also, would this be the right place to suggest balance changes to the game?

This is the thread to suggest and to discuss everything except bugs :) so go ahead.

As for the new release, I have so little time that I probably won't finish it until the end of the week. There are a lot of balance featured in a new version of NH mod, but since no one from the team have time to translate right now, new version OF THE MOD are on hiatus. I'll still release translations and critical fixes if nessesary.

Update is already integrated in the future verison of the mod and with some tweaks can be put on any version. However I don't know if campaign CTD bug is fixed.

That's fine; take your time. I appreciate all the work you guys have done so far.

Anyway, about balance...I suggest that the faerie dragon be significantly buffed. It costs a staggering 1000 gold (!!) per turn in upkeep; that's double that of a normal dragon. However, it is nowhere even close to being as strong or as useful. Nearly all units can flat out resist its offensive spells (except corruption, of course), and defensively transforming a single friendly unit into a fiend or cleric just isn't worth it.

I also suggest a buff for the dracolich. It doesn't have any particularly interesting abilities or spells...just plain ol' melee attack. The problem is that it's undead, so that means no medals (huge weakness of all undead) and it has that ability that prevents healing which means it needs to rely completely on necrophagy (way too slow/inefficient) to keep itself going. It just doesn't measure up against other tier 4 units, vampires in particular.
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
   Gem

* Небесный Лорд *
Ветеран
Демиург: Мастер игр

Свитков: 2333
С нами с: 24.03.2011
СообщениеДобавлено: Вт Окт 08, 2013 22:01     Заголовок сообщения:

basil писал(а):
and defensively transforming a single friendly unit into a fiend or cleric just isn't worth it.

I hear that players use it offensively - transform opponent's tough unit into 15 hp squishy mage and finish with one shot/spell.
Also it can be used to give ammo medals on spiders or similar units...
   Vitek

Лекарь

Свитков: 3
С нами с: 16.10.2013
СообщениеДобавлено: Ср Окт 16, 2013 20:10     Заголовок сообщения:

Hi,
I signed here just to tell you how I appreciated this mod. I discovered it only yesterday but I think it is great think.
When I got Eador, I liked it and still do, but very soon I discovered it is not possible to promote units and I felt like author missed great opportunity as it would make game much better because game mechanisms felt like made for it.
So you can imagine how happy I was when I learnt about existence of this mod and saw what it has to offer.
I will probably wait with playing it as I am campaign person and the bug could ruin it for me but I am really looking forward to new version.

Anyway I just want to thank you and keep up the good work.
   Drakon

† Мастер клинка †
Ветеран

Свитков: 730
С нами с: 22.04.2013
СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Окт 24, 2013 16:17     Заголовок сообщения:

Vitek писал(а):
Hi,
I signed here just to tell you how I appreciated this mod. I discovered it only yesterday but I think it is great think.
When I got Eador, I liked it and still do, but very soon I discovered it is not possible to promote units and I felt like author missed great opportunity as it would make game much better because game mechanisms felt like made for it.
So you can imagine how happy I was when I learnt about existence of this mod and saw what it has to offer.
I will probably wait with playing it as I am campaign person and the bug could ruin it for me but I am really looking forward to new version.

Anyway I just want to thank you and keep up the good work.

I'm gonna make a translation update soon(got poisoned and was ill for a while), however I don't know any news about campaign update. You can try playing free maps, because campaign in Eador:Genesis is way too long Smile

Лучник

Свитков: 2
С нами с: 11.12.2013
СообщениеДобавлено: Ср Dec 11, 2013 1:51     Заголовок сообщения:

Hi Drakon, I hope you have recovered from your poisoning. I just registered to say that I really like this mod and all the new stuff it brings in, although it is stealing my time Smile
Unfortunately I just experienced the campaign CTD. However I am really looking forward to the new version because I really want to ally or encounter the birdpeople (forgot how they are called) and the Ratmen.

Keep up the fine work and stay safe!
   Drakon

† Мастер клинка †
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Ср Dec 11, 2013 9:00     Заголовок сообщения:

Thanks Kpete and welcome to the forums Smile

I don't have time at all right now, but I think I'm gonna update the translation of a current version during New Years hollidays. As for the translating updated versions of the mod, I have little time to spare on it and I don't havy anyone who can help me with translation. We had a solid team and right now everyone is busy with RL Smile

Копьеносец

С нами с: 15.12.2013
СообщениеДобавлено: Вс Dec 15, 2013 5:17     Заголовок сообщения:

Firstly, thanks very much to the creators, and all of the translators for translating this great mod into English. It's really really addictive, and I hope in the future that a later version of this mod will be translated too.

I have a question - have any healers been added for evil armies? In the original Eador, the increase in recovery between fights and healing during combat was so useful that there was no reason not to use them, regardless of karma.

Also, one suggestion - at the moment, the Tarrasque is too slow and can easily be defeated by a solo scout (if necessary, over the course of two turns). I'd suggest slightly toning down its strength/HP etc., and giving it one more point of movement to possibly avoid that situation.
   Старший

*Вечный Властитель*
Глашатай НГ

Свитков: 2827
С нами с: 08.10.2012
СообщениеДобавлено: Вс Dec 15, 2013 9:57     Заголовок сообщения:

Fourth Inversion писал(а):
Firstly, thanks very much to the creators, and all of the translators for translating this great mod into English. It's really really addictive, and I hope in the future that a later version of this mod will be translated too.

I have a question - have any healers been added for evil armies? In the original Eador, the increase in recovery between fights and healing during combat was so useful that there was no reason not to use them, regardless of karma.

Also, one suggestion - at the moment, the is too slow and can easily be defeated by a solo scout (if necessary, over the course of two turns). I'd suggest slightly toning down its strength/HP etc., and giving it one more to possibly avoid that situation.
A later version point of movement Tarrasque 1-3 (random), 600 HP, 35 stamina and 65+ attak... new dwarfes and more... Very Happy
   Drakon

† Мастер клинка †
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Ср Dec 18, 2013 10:24     Заголовок сообщения:

Also, one suggestion - at the moment, the Tarrasque is too slow and can easily be defeated by a solo scout (if necessary, over the course of two turns). I'd suggest slightly toning down its strength/HP etc., and giving it one more point of movement to possibly avoid that situation.

Hello and welcome Fourth Inversion. Smile

Do you mean healers for AI controlled encounters or just a combination of + and - karma units in one army? I think no matter the karma Commander based units can and a lot of people use different units of various alignment type. One of our best player, who made numerous streams of Eador:Genesis and New Horizon, usually used undead units coupled with archers and 1 healer.

Копьеносец

С нами с: 15.12.2013
СообщениеДобавлено: Вс Dec 22, 2013 6:53     Заголовок сообщения:

Drakon писал(а):

Hello and welcome Fourth Inversion. Smile

Do you mean healers for AI controlled encounters or just a combination of + and - karma units in one army? I think no matter the karma Commander based units can and a lot of people use different units of various alignment type. One of our best player, who made numerous streams of Eador:Genesis and New Horizon, usually used undead units coupled with archers and 1 healer.

Thanks for the welcome Старший and Drakon. I meant that as there's no easily available healing option from a - karma unit without alliances or upgrades, it's kind of essential to use a + karma healing unit. I've generally avoided mixing + and - karma units in the past, but I'll try my next game with a commander start and a mixture of units and will see how that goes.

I'm not sure what the later versions of New Horizons are like, but if I can make another suggestion, would it be possible to change the requirements for the halfling alliance? At the moment, it's really difficult to find 15 bandits, while many other alliance quests have far easier requirements. To make it a bit easier to obtain, while still keeping the flavour of the original, maybe increase the number of units you have to kill to 25, but allow Bandits, Thieves, Assassins, Thugs and their upgrades to count as part of that total?
   Drakon

† Мастер клинка †
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Dec 26, 2013 9:44     Заголовок сообщения:

I'm not sure what the later versions of New Horizons are like, but if I can make another suggestion, would it be possible to change the requirements for the halfling alliance? At the moment, it's really difficult to find 15 bandits, while many other alliance quests have far easier requirements. To make it a bit easier to obtain, while still keeping the flavour of the original, maybe increase the number of units you have to kill to 25, but allow Bandits, Thieves, Assassins, Thugs and their upgrades to count as part of that total?

As I recall with a bit of diplomacy you can have a halfling alliance for free, just by solving an event. A lot of quests and events were reballanced in a newer version, because the amount of races have changed and now it is difficult to find a particular site.

I've confirmed in a new version it has 10 Bandits.

Лучник

С нами с: 11.12.2013
СообщениеДобавлено: Вт Фев 04, 2014 17:09     Заголовок сообщения:

Hi Drakon,

any news on the translation? I am checking the forum daily, because I can´t await it. New Horizon is the better Eador Smile
   Drakon

† Мастер клинка †
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Вт Фев 04, 2014 17:14     Заголовок сообщения:

Kpete писал(а):
Hi Drakon,

any news on the translation? I am checking the forum daily, because I can´t await it. New Horizon is the better Eador Smile

I have no people to do the translation. Slowly but steadily I can translate the names of the units and spells, but that's all. I don't have enough time to do the rest of the translation, especially such complicatd things as events and descriptions. Until someone would willing to help, the project is on hiatus. I'm going to do the promissed update with fixes and the graphical update since it's easy enough to do.

Дозорный

Свитков: 40
С нами с: 17.02.2014
СообщениеДобавлено: Пн Фев 17, 2014 7:00     Заголовок сообщения:

I just had to drop by to say that this mod is so incredible, it's destroying my life. I could play this for a thousand hours and still discover new things.

I sincerely hope that you will continue working on it, and will release a new English version. While it is actually in excellent condition as is, I am very excited for new opportunities.

I wish that I could help you with the translations, but I don't speak Russian. I am, however, a copy editor, and if you want someone to look over translated text and edit it for grammar and spelling, I would be more than happy to. Keep those halfling 'rouges' at bay.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for making an already very good game the best turn-based fantasy strategy game of all time. I'm telling all of my friends about the mod, and will do my best to keep building your fan base over here.
   Drakon

† Мастер клинка †
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Пн Фев 17, 2014 13:24     Заголовок сообщения:

bludwig писал(а):
I just had to drop by to say that this mod is so incredible, it's destroying my life. I could play this for a thousand hours and still discover new things.

I sincerely hope that you will continue working on it, and will release a new English version. While it is actually in excellent condition as is, I am very excited for new opportunities.

I wish that I could help you with the translations, but I don't speak Russian. I am, however, a copy editor, and if you want someone to look over translated text and edit it for grammar and spelling, I would be more than happy to. Keep those halfling 'rouges' at bay.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for making an already very good game the best turn-based fantasy strategy game of all time. I'm telling all of my friends about the mod, and will do my best to keep building your fan base over here.

Thank you for the kind words.

Well I can do what I did before and which is - putting all the text into the Google Translator. After that you can clean it, while consulting with the native speaker - me. Smile

As for the mod, it is a lot better right now. It has many additional features. For example. each hero class derivative, currently has its own sprite, you can take a peek into the gallery(link is in my sig) the 3d post

Ополченец

Свитков: 1
СообщениеДобавлено: Пн Фев 17, 2014 18:45     Заголовок сообщения:

Hey Drakon,

I, too, deeply and highly appreciate your work, as well as all the other people's work on this mod.

Sadly, 1.5 is still a bit crashy for me, but I'm trying to play anyway. Things wouldn't be nearly as bad if EG weren't such a PITA when it comes to saving.

Is there any more work ongoing on the mod? Maybe trying to make it more stable?
   Drakon

† Мастер клинка †
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Вт Фев 18, 2014 12:32     Заголовок сообщения:

powwow писал(а):
Hey Drakon,

I, too, deeply and highly appreciate your work, as well as all the other people's work on this mod.

Sadly, 1.5 is still a bit crashy for me, but I'm trying to play anyway. Things wouldn't be nearly as bad if EG weren't such a PITA when it comes to saving.

Is there any more work ongoing on the mod? Maybe trying to make it more stable?

That's weird since in the skirmish this particular version should be stable. The problem could be with the campaign if not, then please report at the bug thread. Describe the conditions that lead to crashing. If it's crashing everytime on any map, then it's something wrong with the installation and I would recommend complete reinstallation.

PITA Very Happy Very Happy I read PETA first time LOL

Лекарь

Свитков: 3
С нами с: 16.10.2013
СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Фев 22, 2014 0:44     Заголовок сообщения:

Drakon писал(а):
Kpete писал(а):
Hi Drakon,

I have no people to do the translation. Slowly but steadily I can translate the names of the units and spells, but that's all. I don't have enough time to do the rest of the translation, especially such complicatd things as events and descriptions. Until someone would willing to help, the project is on hiatus. I'm going to do the promissed update with fixes and the graphical update since it's easy enough to do.

Oh bummer. I would really love to try this new version.
I guess, I should start taking russian lessons. Smile
   Drakon

† Мастер клинка †
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Фев 22, 2014 15:08     Заголовок сообщения:

Vitek писал(а):

Oh bummer. I would really love to try this new version.
I guess, I should start taking russian lessons. Smile

You see, I don't need a person that talks Russian, one of my translators was an American, who knows only English. The other was a guy from Czech republic, there are simularities between czech and Russian but it's like comparing German and English, yeah, there are some words that are the same, but that's all. Point is, I need someone who have time to translate a lot of Machine Translated text. I can help if it won't make a lot of sense but I can't do the job, since I have little free time.

Последний раз редактировалось: Drakon (Ср Фев 26, 2014 13:11), всего редактировалось 1 раз
   bludwig

Дозорный

Свитков: 40
СообщениеДобавлено: Пн Фев 24, 2014 21:19     Заголовок сообщения:

If you want an extra hand with the translation, I would, in all honesty, love to help. Just let me know what I can do. I have years of editing and writing experience, and I would be more than happy to adapt the machine-translated text. I have the time, and would love to make a contribution to this fantastic project.

I don't know how to send private messages here, since a lot of the forum text is in Russian, but if you'd like my help, message or e-mail me. I would enjoy spending a few dozen hours on this.
Часовой пояс: GMT +3:00
На страницу Пред.  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  След.

Ты не можешь начинать темы
Ты не можешь отвечать на сообщения
Ты не можешь редактировать свои сообщения
Ты не можешь удалять свои сообщения
Ты не можешь голосовать в опросах
на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index Eador. The Genesis. Encyclopedia на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index