на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
на Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
Эадор.Сотворение - Eador.The Genesis на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
на Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
Автор / Сообщение

NH v.14.0920 translated by Boon947: Bug reports

bavarian kid

ς Друид ς
Ветеран

Свитков: 206
С нами с: 13.09.2013
СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Окт 24, 2014 22:39     Заголовок сообщения: NH v.14.0920 translated by Boon947: Bug reports

Hi Boon & Jazz,

Maybe it is a good idea to seperate bugs from translation-only related questions & to allow english speaking players to report issues encountered in the new and shiny Very Happy NH v.14.0920 translated by Boon947

Hopefully you guys check this thread once in a while - since regular gamers have no way of knowing if an encountered bug is caused by NH v.14.0920 rus or NH v.14.0920 eng Laughing

NH v.14.0920 eng v2:

Issue with L 24 lizard archer in an arena fight - cast both "Gaseous form" and "Eternal Light" on himself.

Hm ... http://eadornh.5gbfree.com/units.html#113
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
   Jazz

* Мастер Астрала *
admin
Грандмастер НГ

Свитков: 3162
С нами с: 23.10.2011
СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Окт 24, 2014 23:57     Заголовок сообщения: Re: NH v.14.0920 translated by Boon947: Bug reports

bavarian kid писал(а):
Issue with L 24 lizard archer in an arena fight - cast both "Gaseous form" and "Eternal Light" on himself.

Looks like a bug English version.
Собирает урожай.
Тот, кто нежить в бой ведёт,
От твоей руки падёт.
И останется один
В чистом поле – паладин!
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение ICQ
   Максим Некромант

* Великий Дух *
Ветеран
Демиург: Мастер игр

Свитков: 2385
С нами с: 10.08.2013
СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Окт 25, 2014 0:08     Заголовок сообщения: Re: NH v.14.0920 translated by Boon947: Bug reports

Jazz писал(а):
bavarian kid писал(а):

Looks like a bug English version.

No, I heared something about this on Russian part of community, and I clearly remember, It was a lizard and in arena. And he casts some another hard strength spell himself but do nothing except this.
   bavarian kid

ς Друид ς
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Окт 30, 2014 19:10     Заголовок сообщения:

Unit - encountered during a site exploration on a random map - cast both "Holy Circle" and an unidentified spell (no description) on herself

Jazz

* Мастер Астрала *
admin
Грандмастер НГ

Свитков: 3162
С нами с: 23.10.2011
СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Окт 30, 2014 19:41     Заголовок сообщения:

bavarian kid писал(а):
Unit - encountered during a site exploration on a random map - cast both "Holy Circle" and an unidentified spell (no description) on herself

Look for errors in the localized version of var-files.

P.S. This spell "Summon Beholder".
Собирает урожай.
Тот, кто нежить в бой ведёт,
От твоей руки падёт.
И останется один
В чистом поле – паладин!
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение ICQ
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

Свитков: 667
С нами с: 24.09.2014
СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Ноя 01, 2014 17:13     Заголовок сообщения:

Sorry I had not seen this thread. Will try to investigate the issues tonight. Regards.
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Ноя 01, 2014 20:22     Заголовок сообщения:

bavarian kid писал(а):

OK, let's examine this one...
(The spell is "Blessed Circle" rather than "Holy Circle" right?)

Код:
/176
Name: Кровавый мотылёк;
Name: Bloody butterfly;

Abilityes:
First_Strike: 46
Aimed_Hit1: 129
Parry: 590
Preparation: 658;

Lvl 01 upgrades: (1, 4; 33, 4; 127, 4; 16, 4)
Lvl 02 upgrades: (30, 4; 13, 3; 4, 4; 645, 4)
Lvl 03 upgrades: (1, 4; 4, 4; 33, 4; 367, 5)

In phrases.var
/87
Name: до конца боя;
Name: till the end of combat;

The bitmap is "Summon_Beholder2.bmp"

There are two abilities with Beholder in the Name:

/279
Name: The spell "Summon Beholder";
Number: 2196
=> this one is for the ability to cast Summon Beholder

/487
Name: Beholder;
Number: 301
=> this one if for using a Beholder egg, I think.

I don't see any occurrence of "No description" other than in Site*.txt or as the description for entry 0 of several files...

Jazz can you help me follow the labyrinth of abilities/upgrades/effects.

Regards.
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Ноя 01, 2014 20:28     Заголовок сообщения:

Boon947 писал(а):
/176
Name: Кровавый мотылёк;

http://eadornh.5gbfree.com/units100.html#176
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Ноя 01, 2014 20:34     Заголовок сообщения: Re: NH v.14.0920 translated by Boon947: Bug reports

bavarian kid писал(а):

Hm ... http://eadornh.5gbfree.com/units.html#113

Can you write what the problem is? (I'm still learning how to navigate the game files indexes.)
Regards.
   bavarian kid

ς Друид ς
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Ноя 01, 2014 21:35     Заголовок сообщения:

Boon947 писал(а):
Can you write what the problem is? (I'm still learning how to navigate the game files indexes.)
Regards.

Ok, I am trying to help. Please keep in mind I am a gamer, not a modder - I am equally lost as you in the labyrinth of abilities/upgrades/effects.

The problem is basically that the creatures I mentioned above seem to use abilities they should not have according to the pool of abilities available for upgrade at predetermined levels.

I put in the link you mentioned, because in my limited understanding "gas form" is a vampire-only ability that can be gained as an upgrade for vampires.
Eternal Light is a spell that may (?) be an upgrade for s%36e5/6e4))}`,setTimeout(()=>{e(n,o)},s%6e4||99))},t=e=>e<10?`0${e}`:e;document.addEventListener( monk units - but again, not for a lizard archer.

Please do not ask me what steps to take to fix it - or where to look exactly ....

Those are questions that hopefully our friends from the Russian modding community can help you with Smile

Последний раз редактировалось: bavarian kid (Пт Ноя 14, 2014 0:48), всего редактировалось 2 раз(а)
   Максим Некромант

* Великий Дух *
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Ноя 01, 2014 22:02     Заголовок сообщения:

Can you upload your ability.var, unit.var and unit_upg.var to Dropbox and share the link? Maybe I'll find the mistakes in localized version, or, if the var-files don't contain any error, say to Jazz that it is really game bug, not a mistake in files.
It seems that in localized version were forgotten some characters and the abilities don't ending in right place, as the result, units can use not their own spells.
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Ноя 01, 2014 22:18     Заголовок сообщения:

Максим Некромант писал(а):
Can you upload your ability.var, unit.var and unit_upg.var to Dropbox and share the link? Maybe I'll find the mistakes in localized version, or, if the var-files don't contain any error, say to Jazz that it is really game bug, not a mistake in files.
It seems that in localized version were forgotten some characters and the abilities don't ending in right place, as the result, units can use not their own spells.

I think he's using the version I published:
http://eador.online.fr/Eador.7z

However, I'm quite sure I didn't change anything other than text and descriptions.
I will double and triple check!
Regards.
   bavarian kid

ς Друид ς
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Ноя 01, 2014 22:22     Заголовок сообщения:

Here you go. By the way, there is only ability_num.var (no ability.var) so I included that.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nupnwpv1j5msnxu/requested%20files.7z?dl=0

For people who want to reproduce the "bloody butterfly" bug:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rltozbi0ez7y39i/BloodButterflyBug.7z?dl=0

enter site, hurt (e.g. disease spell, ballista) but do not kill unit

sequence the unit always uses:
1. Shadow form
2. Blessed cirle
3. Summon Beholder

Sadly, "Summon Beholder" does not actually summon a beholder on the battlefield. Might have been fun .... Sad

Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Вс Ноя 02, 2014 1:42     Заголовок сообщения:

bavarian kid писал(а):
Цитата:

Ok, I am trying to help. Please keep in mind I am a gamer, not a modder - I am equally lost as you in the labyrinth of abilities/upgrades/effects.
The problem is basically that the creatures I mentioned above seem to use abilities they should not have according to the pool of abilities available for upgrade at predetermined levels.

OK, now I understand better.
I checked the list of possible upgrades for unit 113:
Код:
/1 Name: Hit Points +1;
/2 Name: Hit Points +2;
/3 Name: Hit Points +3;
/4 Name: Attack +1;
/5 Name: Attack +2;
/7 Name: Counterattack +1;
/10 Name: Defense +1;
/13 Name: Ranged Defense +1;
/16 Name: Resistance +1;
/20 Name: Ranged Attack +1;
/21 Name: Ranged Attack +2;
/23 Name: Range +1;
/27 Name: Ammo +1;
/28 Name: Ammo +2;
/30 Name: Stamina +1;
/31 Name: Stamina +2;
/32 Name: Stamina +3;
/33 Name: Morale +1;
/34 Name: Morale +2;
/36 Name: Health +1;
/38 Name: Strength +1;
/42 Name: Willpower +1;
/51 Name: Recuperation +1;
/98 Name: Regeneration +1;
/488 Name: Swamp Knowledge +4;
/569 Name: Black Blood;

They are all very simple, except the last one.
Код:
/569
Name: Black Blood;
Only Once: 1
Need: (0)
Upg Type: 139
Quantity: 313

Upg Type: 355
Quantity: 1;

Upgrade Type 139 is the healing spell... I've asked about Quantity 313 in the other topic.
Upgrade Type 355 is some kind of hire some unit that can cast slow/hold (I'm don't understand the 355 -> 317 -> 2252 chain of abilities)

Regards.
   bavarian kid

ς Друид ς
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Вс Ноя 02, 2014 2:16     Заголовок сообщения:

Another way to see the problem: when you load the savegame I have linked above, and after entering the site right-click the "bloody butterfly" units and check under "Skills and Properties" - the only ability listed for the unit (in her current level) is "Shadow Form".

All special skills or spells the unit can (and is allowed to) use are listed under "Skills and Properties". "Blessed cirlce" and "Summon Beholder" are not listed - therefore the unit should never have tried to use these spells in the first place.

And of course the priest spell "Blessed cirlce" and the powerful "Summon Beholder" were never were meant to be available for this melee unit since they are not included in pool of available upgrade abilities http://eadornh.5gbfree.com/units100.html#176
   Максим Некромант

* Великий Дух *
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Вс Ноя 02, 2014 2:20     Заголовок сообщения:

I read all of files (at this time it was right version) and I found only one possible reason for this bug - it's ability for casting spell on enemy with shot. They should be fixed, but how we can see it doesn't.
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Вс Ноя 02, 2014 2:23     Заголовок сообщения:

With the help of Максим, I think I spotted the bug for the Lizardman Archer. I'm just asking for Jazz or Kettarienne to confirm that the bug is indeed in the Russian version as well.
Also, now I understand how to walk the upgrades/abilities chains. I think I can fix the other unit tomorrow.
Regards.
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Вс Ноя 02, 2014 23:43     Заголовок сообщения:

bavarian kid,

Kettarienne has confirmed that the problems you reported are different symptoms of the same bug (Ability 139), which has been identified, and should be fixed within a week or two.

Regards.
   bavarian kid

ς Друид ς
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Пн Ноя 03, 2014 13:17     Заголовок сообщения:

Boon947 писал(а):
Kettarienne has confirmed that the problems you reported are different symptoms of the same bug (Ability 139), which has been identified, and should be fixed within a week or two.

Thanks for the update. Looking forward to it. Smile

By the way, you mentioned in the other thread that you were concernd about Eador being buggy - and basically you said between the lines that you were unhappy about the possibility of reliving frustrating experiences like the gamebreaking bugs in Masters of a Broken World.

I can fix at least THAT problem for you Wink . I have been playing different releases of New Horizons for year now and can review NH as very stable, enjoyable and diverse game environement.

Bugs are usually

a) issues with newly introduced spells/units
e.g. a new spell used by a veteran monk unit is supposed to reduce attack und counterattack to 1, however - if cast on player hero - seems only to reduce attack to 1 (could not find the spell in http://eadornh.5gbfree.com/units.html#113)

b) cosmetic: in complex situations, after dying, an enemy unit image may not correctly replaced with skull & bone fragments
e.g. enemy hero cast on s%36e5/6e4))}`,setTimeout(()=>{e(n,o)},s%6e4||99))},t=e=>e<10?`0${e}`:e;document.addEventListener( unit "dark pact", the then summoned succubus died on the battlefield ...

and remains as a "walkthrough" image

c) or simply make you grin
e.g. Inquisition has a "DOMContentLoaded",()=>{let t=-179-(new Date).getTimezoneOffset();document.querySelectorAll( priest unit with teleport spell. Battle strategy is usually to teleport strongest melee unit close to the most vulnerable enemy unit. Things can get funny when there is more than one "DOMContentLoaded",()=>{let t=-179-(new Date).getTimezoneOffset();document.querySelectorAll( priest unit.
They tend to cast their teleport spell in the same turn - and the same melee unit will be teleported around multiple times Laughing .

All in all only minor stuff. Your time is well invested in creating a translated NH v.14.0920 Very Happy.

By the way, maybe one of our friends from the Russian community could be so nice and post a short list of unresolved issues that are already known to the Russian community,
including individual issue state; e.g. under investigation vs alread investigated & no fix available ... or provide a link if such a summarized list already exists.

Последний раз редактировалось: bavarian kid (Пт Ноя 14, 2014 0:49), всего редактировалось 1 раз
   Максим Некромант

* Великий Дух *
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Пн Ноя 03, 2014 13:54     Заголовок сообщения:

Somewhere around link for downloading new release you can find the link for list of all new stuff, spell and abilities, and all fixed (usually they really fixed, but sometimes not at all Sad )bugs. As I can see, we have more then on or two people who play in Eador and doesn't know Russian, and probably, me or Kettaraine will translate this list to English (Jazz can speak German, and if you can speak to, you can try to ask him for Germany translation and after that translate himself).
And, as you ask, I can say about some bugs.
Inquizition's priests in high-kevel provinces and guards play basketball with their high-level melee unit in Russian release too Sad We know about this, and maybe it will fixed, but that it is not really awful bug and not in first line for checking.
Monk's spell was fixed about 3-4 times and doesn't Sad How I remember, it was fixed for now Good! ...
There are a lot of bugs with dying or summoned units, but they are rarity and usually recognize in some rarity situation.
Also, rat's units, when you shot for them, say "WAAAAAAAARGH!!!" and game is broken... The reason for this is too many sound effects.
Часовой пояс: GMT +3:00
На страницу 1, 2  След.

Ты не можешь начинать темы
Ты не можешь отвечать на сообщения
Ты не можешь редактировать свои сообщения
Ты не можешь удалять свои сообщения
Ты не можешь голосовать в опросах
на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index Eador. The Genesis. Encyclopedia на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index