на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
на Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
Эадор.Сотворение - Eador.The Genesis на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
на Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
Автор / Сообщение

New Horizons(ver 14.0920) Translation Project

Satshanti

-Мастер Убийца-

Свитков: 176
С нами с: 27.10.2014
СообщениеДобавлено: Вт Ноя 11, 2014 23:29     Заголовок сообщения:

Boon947 писал(а):
Satshanti писал(а):
Boon947 писал(а):
Hello,
I have a general, nit-picking, question for translations of unit background info.
Ratmen and Dark Elves have endonyms (I learned that term here!). IMHO, I should use the exonym in the descriptions, as these are often written from the Humans' point of view. Do you think that is correct?

Yes, good thinking. I know Dark Elves call themselves Alvari, but what do Ratmen call themselves then? I don't think I have encountered any other term for them...

I think you have Wink
It is one of the words Google messes up.
Крысолюд(-ы) — Ratman(-men)
endonym thereof: Скрытт(-ы) — Screett(-s)

I see, I missed that completely. I must have unwittingly read every occurance of Скрытт(-ы) as Ratman(-men). Good to know! Smile
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

Свитков: 667
С нами с: 24.09.2014
СообщениеДобавлено: Ср Ноя 12, 2014 0:58     Заголовок сообщения:

If anyone (other than Kettarienne, who's got his plate full) wants to take a look at this translation, I'd be grateful Wink

#Погонщик рабов - не самая уважаемая среди тёмных эльфов, но, тем не менее, крайне необходимая работа. Держать в повиновении толпу рабов, заставлять работать и жертвовать жизнью за хозяев, пока те заняты научными и магическими изысканиями - жизненно важное умение для существования общества альваров. Погонщики рабов - слабые маги, однако их умений хватает для того, чтобы сдерживать рабов от глупых попыток освободиться, что, однако, не исключает применения и более простых, но не менее действенных методов предупреждения побегов. Погонщики одинаково ловко владеют лёгким арбалетом и ужасающим длинным хлыстом с остро заточенными металлическими накладками. Поговаривают, что таким хлыстом можно запросто обезглавить противника. Украшенные выпивающими силы магическими знаками арбалетные болты позволяют погонщику останавливать особо прытких рабов или врагов.#

Slave drivers are not held in high regard among Dark Elves, but the job needs to be done. They keep the slave population in check, working slaves to their last breath, while other Elves engage in magic research, a vitally important aspect of Elven society. Though slave drivers cannot use magic to prevent trivial escape attempts, they do have simple and equally effective methods. They are highly proficient with light crossbows and with terrifying long whips with sharp metal barbs. It is said that such a whip can easily decapitate an enemy.

I'm having a hard time with the last sentence.
Something about crossbow bolts ornamented with glyphs and imbued with magical powers?
These bolts... "allow slave drivers to stop particularly nimble slaves and enemies."

I think the whip looks like this:
http://images.ontheedgebrands.com/get/w/400/h/400/A43-BK1252.image

Regards.
   Satshanti

-Мастер Убийца-

СообщениеДобавлено: Ср Ноя 12, 2014 20:14     Заголовок сообщения:

Is there anyone I could get an advanced 14.0920 saved game from, with a lot or all of the new units and spells available? It would be great to have something to use for testing purposes, making sure all the new features are in their proper places and the English texts have transferred correctly.

On that topic, can someone tell me what it is the game engine looks for in the text and var files? It must be some kind of regex processing, involving the numbers and # markers, right?

This might be helpful for me to know. I tested some things on my own saved game, which is all the way at the beginning, and I already discovered some things that don't work as they should, and I'm sure it has something to do with # or ; missing due to translation errors.

Are there any other requirements these files need to have for the game to be able to properly recognize and import them?
   bavarian kid

ς Друид ς
Ветеран

Свитков: 206
С нами с: 13.09.2013
СообщениеДобавлено: Ср Ноя 12, 2014 22:23     Заголовок сообщения:

Satshanti писал(а):
Is there anyone I could get an advanced 14.0920 saved game from, with a lot or all of the new units and spells available? It would be great to have something to use for testing purposes, making sure all the new features are in their proper places and the English texts have transferred correctly.

As for savegames, you may be interested in a Level 30 commander with birdrace alliance https://www.dropbox.com/s/xcsjtxyoa459pvg/Alkaryl%20L30.7z?dl=0. All new units are easily accessible:

1.) The Birdrace units can be checked either by recruiting them directly or by right clicking the unit image in the unit scrolls
2.) After hitting end turn, your main hero will enter a site with (almost) all recently reworked dark elf units.
3.) If you explore the province "Wickered Thicket" (second ring, directly north of your castle) for a few turns, you will encounter an epic site with (almost) all rat units

Also available L 30 mage with goblin alliance https://www.dropbox.com/s/6jelnpgm370em2u/won%20and%20boring.7z?dl=0.

Alternatively, you may want to checkout the download links for savegames in the bug thread http://eador.com/B2/viewtopic.php?t=3298 - usually at a quite advanced stage in the game. Please feel free to try them all Very Happy

Последний раз редактировалось: bavarian kid (Чт Ноя 13, 2014 1:45), всего редактировалось 4 раз(а)
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Ср Ноя 12, 2014 22:28     Заголовок сообщения:

Satshanti писал(а):

I think you should send a PM to bavarian kid... Ah, I see he has already provided several links.

Satshanti писал(а):
On that topic, can someone tell me what it is the game engine looks for in the text and var files? It must be some kind of regex processing, involving the numbers and # markers, right?

This might be helpful for me to know. I tested some things on my own saved game, which is all the way at the beginning, and I already discovered some things that don't work as they should, and I'm sure it has something to do with # or ; missing due to translation errors.

Are there any other requirements these files need to have for the game to be able to properly recognize and import them?

Are these things broken in my version of the translation? If you point them out, I can take a look at the difference.

Regards.
   Старший

*Вечный Властитель*
Глашатай НГ

Свитков: 2827
С нами с: 08.10.2012
СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Ноя 13, 2014 11:33     Заголовок сообщения:

"skinner" => "driller"

"krysoed" => "Rateater"

"Great Kryss" => "Great Rat"

"Claw shade" - god, but can be "Death Claw" (Rat).
   Jazz

* Мастер Астрала *
admin
Грандмастер НГ

Свитков: 3162
С нами с: 23.10.2011
СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Ноя 13, 2014 13:39     Заголовок сообщения:

Старший писал(а):

"Great Kryss" => "Grand Rat".
Собирает урожай.
Тот, кто нежить в бой ведёт,
От твоей руки падёт.
И останется один
В чистом поле – паладин!
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение ICQ
   Старший

*Вечный Властитель*
Глашатай НГ

Свитков: 2827
С нами с: 08.10.2012
СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Ноя 13, 2014 18:19     Заголовок сообщения:

Jazz писал(а):
Старший писал(а):

Yes.
   Satshanti

-Мастер Убийца-

СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Ноя 13, 2014 19:18     Заголовок сообщения:

Старший писал(а):
Jazz писал(а):
Старший писал(а):

Yes.

FYI, I've used Grand Ratt, as per Drakon's original suggestion.
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Ноя 13, 2014 21:59     Заголовок сообщения:

Старший писал(а):
"skinner" => "driller"

"krysoed" => "Rateater"

"Claw shade" - god, but can be "Death Claw" (Rat).

Please do not waste your time correcting the texts in bavarian kid's screen shots, they are based on my (Google) translation; Satshanti worked with Kettarienne to produce better Unit names. The result is not public yet. However... Старший, Jazz, and anyone else, can you check my translation of the Slave driver?

http://eador.com/B2/viewtopic.php?p=223641#223641

Regards.
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Ноя 13, 2014 23:51     Заголовок сообщения:

One more for the road:

#Эта магическая сущность одним своим существованием опровергает все известные законы классической магической теории. Совершенно непонятно, как энергия, подчиняющаяся законам Хаоса и по своей сути враждебная любому порядку, способна сформироваться в абсолютно правильную кристаллическую структуру. Кристалл Тьмы представляет собой прочный непроходимый барьер, а любые попытки нарушить его структуру приводят к локальным нестабильностям окружающего пространства. Поэтому глупца, осмелившегося хотя бы поцарапать кристалл, ждут ужасные, плохо заживающие раны.#

Код:
The very existence of this magical essence contradicts all known laws of classical magic theory.

It is a mystery how an entity governed by the laws of Chaos, and intrinsically opposed to Order, is able to crystallize into such an absolutely perfect structure.

The Crystal presents a rugged, impenetrable barrier, and any attempt to breach the structure causes local instabilities in the surroundings.

Terrible injuries await fools who dare scratch the Crystal's surface.

I await your comments Wink
   Satshanti

-Мастер Убийца-

СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Ноя 14, 2014 1:42     Заголовок сообщения:

Boon947 писал(а):
Based on this list:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Settlement_hierarchy

I went with this progression:

Код:
Name: Empty;
Name: Cursed Land;
Name: Dead Land;
Name: Isolated Dwellings;
Name: Tiny Hamlet;
Name: Hamlet;
Name: Village;
Name: Large Village;
Name: Small Town;
Name: Town;
Name: City;
Name: Huge City;

I think/hope the spirit is there.

I took the liberty of making some slight changes, but keep the spirit alive. Smile

I plan to use:
Код:
Name: New Land;
Name: Dwelling;
Name: Large Town;
Name: Large City;
   Kettarienne

* Бессмертный *
New Horizons Team

Свитков: 1500
С нами с: 09.10.2012
СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Ноя 14, 2014 7:06     Заголовок сообщения:

Nice. It is an actual translation already and you could just post it in the table without furter correction. But, since you ask...
Цитата:
The very existence of this magical structure contradicts all known laws of classical magic theory.

It is a mystery how an entity governed by the laws of Chaos, and intrinsically opposed to Order, is able to crystallize into such an absolutely perfect structure.

The Crystal is a hard and durable obstacle, and any attempt to breach the structure causes local instabilities in the surroundings.

Terrible injuries await those fools who dare to even scratch the Crystal's surface.

Note, that "представляет собой" means simply "is".

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Ноя 14, 2014 14:56     Заголовок сообщения:

Kettarienne писал(а):
Note, that "представляет собой" means simply "is".

So many letters for such a tiny concept Wink

BTW, I was wondering... I suppose this translation effort is delaying your creation of new content and new rules?

Regards.
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Ноя 14, 2014 14:59     Заголовок сообщения:

Satshanti писал(а):
I took the liberty of making some slight changes, but keep the spirit alive. Smile

I plan to use:
Код:
Name: New Land;
Name: Dwelling;
Name: Large Town;
Name: Large City;

Looks good to me. So you're working on var these days?
Taking the translation of Iron Golem and Colossus.
Regards.
   Satshanti

-Мастер Убийца-

СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Ноя 14, 2014 15:29     Заголовок сообщения:

Boon947 писал(а):
Looks good to me. So you're working on var these days?

Yes, as announced, I have left doing the translations of the unit texts for now, so great that you can spend some time on that.

I've done most of the var files, still the 6 largest to be processed. I got some regular work to do first though, have to pay the bills after all. Smile But that should be done in a day or so, then the Eador project will continue.

Once finished with all the var files, which should still take me a couple of days I think, I'll start debugging, which I haven't done at all yet, already having noticed that some texts were not displaying right, which is inevitable I guess. It's quite easy to forget a # or ; here and there, and one missing character at the start of a file creates errors in all entries that come after it. At least, that's what I think happens. I assume all individual entries are separated by their numbers and delineated by certain characters, like # and ; Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Anyway, (hopefully) after successful debugging, I will substitute the cyrillic menu items for the ones I created. I'll still have to replace the cyrillic Delete button somehow. I think that's the only other "image" used in the whole game, containing cyrillic text, right? I haven't had time to look at it yet, but I assume it's pretty straightforward. If somebody could point me in the right direction for that, that would be great. No sense having to reinvent the wheel. Smile

Then after all that, if necessary, I'll complete the remaining unit translations and check the rest, insert these into the unit text, and that should be it then, time for the release... Wink
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Ноя 14, 2014 15:36     Заголовок сообщения:

I have a comment on unit 146 Сквайр, translated to Squire AFAIU.
The problem with "squire" is that it also (maybe even mainly ??) means the non-fighting person who carries the shield and/or armor of the knight, and also prepares his horse, before being understood as a nobility title (AFAIU).

This list is interesting:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_and_noble_ranks
Maybe use Esquire ? or Gentleman ? or Baron ? or Elite Guard ?
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Ноя 14, 2014 15:46     Заголовок сообщения:

Satshanti писал(а):
Once finished with all the var files, which should still take me a couple of days I think

If you think Unit.txt had a lot of new text, you should really look at dialog.var! 400 new interactions. Granted, each "interaction" is smaller than a unit description, but I'd estimate 1x to 2x the time needed for Unit.txt, unless your translation tool can work magic Wink
   Satshanti

-Мастер Убийца-

Boon947 писал(а):
I have a comment on unit 146 Сквайр, translated to Squire AFAIU.
The problem with "squire" is that it also (maybe even mainly ??) means the non-fighting person who carries the shield and/or armor of the knight, and also prepares his horse, before being understood as a nobility title (AFAIU).
This list is interesting:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_and_noble_ranks
Maybe use Esquire ? or Gentleman ? or Baron ? or Elite Guard ?

Hmm, AFAIR the description under Squire mentions that it's a level below a Knight, so that fits with its original meaning. Also, Esquire AFAIK is not used in the same way. I've never heard someone being called an Esquire, but more like "May I introduce the honorable John Hutchinson-Smythe Esq." A Baron would be above the Knight. I think Squire fits the bill the best.
   Kettarienne

* Бессмертный *
New Horizons Team

Свитков: 1500
С нами с: 09.10.2012

Satshanti писал(а):
Anyway, (hopefully) after successful debugging, I will substitute the cyrillic menu items for the ones I created. I'll still have to replace the cyrillic Delete button somehow. I think that's the only other "image" used in the whole game, containing cyrillic text, right? I haven't had time to look at it yet, but I assume it's pretty straightforward. If somebody could point me in the right direction for that, that would be great. No sense having to reinvent the wheel. :-)
There was official English translation of vanilla Eador made for GOG.com, which Drakon based his translation on. There could be all those translated images somewhere out there.

Последний раз редактировалось: Kettarienne (Пт Ноя 14, 2014 16:53), всего редактировалось 1 раз
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение Отправить сообщения электронной почты
Часовой пояс: GMT +3:00
На страницу Пред.  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  След.

Ты не можешь начинать темы
Ты не можешь отвечать на сообщения
Ты не можешь редактировать свои сообщения
Ты не можешь удалять свои сообщения
Ты не можешь голосовать в опросах
на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index Eador. The Genesis. Encyclopedia на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index