на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
на Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
Эадор.Сотворение - Eador.The Genesis на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
на Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
Автор / Сообщение

New Horizons v14.0920 ENG v2.0 (Satshanti) Bug Reports

Satshanti

-Мастер Убийца-

Свитков: 176
С нами с: 27.10.2014
СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Dec 06, 2014 11:16     Заголовок сообщения: Re: Format string mismatches

Boon947 писал(а):
You've got several format string mismatches, which is double plus ungood, because most of these will crash the game.

Код:
+campaign_dialog.var:8773:%s
-dialog.var:594:%s
-dialog.var:7702:%s
-dialog.var:7945:%s
-dialog.var:8161:%s
-dialog.var:9584:%d
-dialog.var:9591:%d
-dialog.var:11070:%s
-dialog.var:13713:%s
-dialog.var:13767:%s
-dialog.var:13798:%s
-dialog.var:14205:%s
-dialog.var:14366:%s
-dialog.var:15015:%s
-quest.var:664:%s

(The number is the line number obviously)

I'm sorry, I understand the meaning of the three separate words in "format string mismatch", but put together I have no idea what it means and what's wrong. I had a look at the lines and it all looks okay to me. Could you explain what's wrong in a bit more detail. Smile Thanks!
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

Свитков: 667
С нами с: 24.09.2014
СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Dec 06, 2014 12:24     Заголовок сообщения: Re: Format string mismatches

Satshanti писал(а):
Boon947 писал(а):
You've got several format string mismatches, which is double plus ungood, because most of these will crash the game.

Код:

(The number is the line number obviously)

I'm sorry, I understand the meaning of the three separate words in "format string mismatch", but put together I have no idea what it means and what's wrong. I had a look at the lines and it all looks okay to me. Could you explain what's wrong in a bit more detail. Smile Thanks!

I think this article explains format strings nicely:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Printf_format_string

Short version: %s and %d are special character sequences which MUST survive the translation (in the exact order).

For example, take the dialog.var:594 issue:

Код:
Text: #Добыв при грабеже провинции %s %d золота, герой %s докладывает: все местные жители истреблены либо прячутся по окрестностям, дальнейшее разграбление не представляется возможным.

Text: #Having obtained %d gold by robbing the province, the hero %s reports: all the locals have either been exterminated or went into hiding.

(Unrelated issue: the sentence "дальнейшее разграбление не представляется возможным." = "further looting is not possible." seems to have been lost)

Russian version: %s %d %s
English version: %d %s => WILL CRASH

Weirdly, GOG fixed precisely the same issue between versions 1.05.1 and 1.05.2!
Код:
-Text: #After obtaining %d gold by plundering the province of %s, the hero %s reports that all the locals have either been exterminated or went into hiding. It appears that further looting is not possible.
+Text: #Having plundered the province of %s for %d gold, the hero %s reports that all the locals have either been exterminated or went into hiding. It appears that further looting is not possible.

(Note that the GOG translation is not perfect.)

Regards.
   Satshanti

-Мастер Убийца-

СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Dec 06, 2014 13:04     Заголовок сообщения:

Boon947 писал(а):
Short version: %s and %d are special character sequences which MUST survive the translation (in the exact order).

Got it now, will fix those issues asap. Thanks, Boon, I was aware of the need to preserve the strings, but not about ALL of them being needed and in the EXACT order, which can be more tricky with different languages.
   Satshanti

-Мастер Убийца-

СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Dec 06, 2014 14:54     Заголовок сообщения: Re: Format string mismatches

Boon947 писал(а):

Код:

I fixed most of the above issues with patch 2.09, except for the two at 9584 and 9591. Drakon's team marked these entries as "obsolete", and they therefore don't have the %d in them. This might be fine because they are in fact obsolete, so the game will never call these entries.

But what about the one in quest.var, which I also left as is for now. In that file, the name of /22 reads "Свиток %s", roughly translated as "Scroll %s", but the translation used, also in 1.5 I think, is "Obtaining the Scroll", so without any %s in it. Do you really think the game would crash at that point? Could it be that for the game engine it's actually okay if it cannot find the strings it looks for? This is of course quite an important issue, so could one of the modders (Kettarienne?) confirm or deny that assumption.
   Wayne

Боец

Свитков: 14
С нами с: 19.10.2014
СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Dec 06, 2014 18:14     Заголовок сообщения: Re: Format string mismatches

Satshanti писал(а):
I fixed most of the above issues with patch 2.09

Just an FYI, the way you are releasing new patches by just editing your post(s) in the Release thread does not trigger the forum software's "watch this thread" algorithm to send out an email. May I suggest a new post for each patch, as well?

Thanks,
Wayne
   Satshanti

-Мастер Убийца-

СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Dec 06, 2014 18:25     Заголовок сообщения: Re: Format string mismatches

Wayne писал(а):
Satshanti писал(а):
I fixed most of the above issues with patch 2.09

Just an FYI, the way you are releasing new patches by just editing your post(s) in the Release thread does not trigger the forum software's "watch this thread" algorithm to send out an email. May I suggest a new post for each patch, as well? Thanks, Wayne

Thanks, Wayne, I didn't realize that. I didn't want to make the release thread unnecessarily long and there's a patch coming out each day now. I'll continue as before with the new patch always in the second post, but whenever I upload a patch, I'll also create a separate new post saying something like "NEW PATCH v2.xx RELEASED", which I will subsequently delete after a minute. That should send out notification emails without clogging the thread.
   Wayne

Боец

СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Dec 06, 2014 20:10     Заголовок сообщения:

When I explored a "Mercenaries Guild", the description text was long enough that the list of defenders was cut off after the first line.

Cheers, Wayne
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Вс Dec 07, 2014 2:10     Заголовок сообщения:

Wayne писал(а):
When I explored a "Mercenaries Guild", the description text was long enough that the list of defenders was cut off after the first line.

Can you confirm that you are referring to dialog 2053?

/105
Name: Mercenaries Guild;
Dialog: 2053
Код:
The hero %s approaches a well-fortified citadel where mercenaries are gathering. By unwritten rules, the guild of mercenaries remains neutral - all the warriors seeking recruitment come to the tavern in the Master's demesne.
If you get too close, it will be considered an attack, and all the warriors of the guild will rise to its defense - and there are a lot of them in there.

This description is 379 characters long. By comparison, the Russian text is 321 characters long.

I don't understand the juxtaposition of sentences.
sentence 1 = the guild attracts mercenaries (Is куда стекаются наёмники correctly translated?)
sentence 2 = the guild is neutral... in what conflict? And what's the point of mentioning the tavern as recruitment venue?
sentence 3 = OK so the Guild's leaders don't like you coming too close. Fair enough, I suppose; they have a keen sense of private property. Although not allowing the Lord's emissary on their property is somewhat of an insult to the Lord, isn't it? Wink

Not sure what to make of this word/concept salad...

My suggestion: zap the second sentence (unless I completely missed the point)

The hero %s approaches a well-fortified stronghold, which attracts all kinds of mercenaries. Coming too close will be considered an aggression, and the Guild's multitudes will rise to its defense.

198 characters. Smile

ALTERNATE SUGGESTION: replace "an aggression" with "casus belli" (I like that term, but it may not be completely appropriate)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casus_belli
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/multitude
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/multitudinous
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/myriad

Regards.
   Satshanti

-Мастер Убийца-

СообщениеДобавлено: Пн Dec 08, 2014 17:50     Заголовок сообщения:

Boon947 писал(а):
Wayne писал(а):

Name: Mercenaries Guild;
Dialog: 2053
Код:
The hero %s approaches a well-fortified citadel where mercenaries are gathering. By unwritten rules, the guild of mercenaries remains neutral - all the warriors seeking recruitment come to the tavern in the Master's demesne. If you get too close, it will be considered an attack, and all the warriors of the guild will rise to its defense - and there are a lot of them in there.

This description is 379 characters long. By comparison, the Russian text is 321 characters long.

I don't understand the juxtaposition of sentences.
sentence 1 = the guild attracts mercenaries (Is куда стекаются наёмники correctly translated?)
sentence 2 = the guild is neutral... in what conflict? And what's the point of mentioning the tavern as recruitment venue?
sentence 3 = OK so the Guild's leaders don't like you coming too close. Fair enough, I suppose; they have a keen sense of private property. Although not allowing the Lord's emissary on their property is somewhat of an insult to the Lord, isn't it? Wink

Not sure what to make of this word/concept salad...

My suggestion: zap the second sentence (unless I completely missed the point)

The hero %s approaches a well-fortified stronghold, which attracts all kinds of mercenaries. Coming too close will be considered an aggression, and the Guild's multitudes will rise to its defense.

198 characters. Smile

I also couldn't make heads or tails of this text during translation, so I asked Ket and he translated it for me. What I think the 2nd sentence means is that the guild is for mercenaries only. They are neutral in a sense that they are without master, in between jobs, so to speak, and they like it that way, so IF they would be interested in being hired by a certain Lord, they would go to a tavern in that lord's demesne and sollicit recruitment. This means that representatives of these lords are not welcome on guild territory, because they just "want to be left alone and have a good time" and not be bothered by recruiters trying to get them to sign up for this or that lord. This is all conjecture of course. Smile

I have therefore used your suggestions, but added another, possibly more clear second sentence, also because that keeps the TM aligned:

"The hero %s approaches a well-fortified stronghold, which attracts all kinds of mercenaries.
By unwritten rules, the independent guild of mercenaries is considered neutral territory, and recruiters are not invited.
Coming too close would be considered an aggression, and the Guild's multitudes would rise to its defense."
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Пн Dec 08, 2014 22:39     Заголовок сообщения:

Satshanti писал(а):
"The hero %s approaches a well-fortified stronghold, which attracts all kinds of mercenaries.
By unwritten rules, the independent guild of mercenaries is considered neutral territory, and recruiters are not invited.
Coming too close would be considered an aggression, and the Guild's multitudes would rise to its defense."

321 characters, just like the Russian version Wink
Were you able to check in-game that it fits?

I would write "are not welcome" instead of "are not invited".
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/welcome#Adjective

Regards.
   Februarius

Лучник

Свитков: 1
С нами с: 08.12.2014
СообщениеДобавлено: Пн Dec 08, 2014 23:08     Заголовок сообщения:

Hello there, greetings from Croatia! First of all, my big thanks to all of you involved in this awesome project, creators, translators, testers. Being lurking on this forum since I first discovered this wonderful mod. When I found out that somebody translated the latest version I finally decided to register.

Ok, to make myself useful right away. I found 2 bugs in translation. When you click on Gnoll or Alvari (drow/dark elf) province to read their description, there is no text. Just some number with the name of the race:

9/ Alvar
10/ Gnoll

Will report if I find any new ones.

Once, again thank you for all your efforts.

Kind regards,
Februarius
   Satshanti

-Мастер Убийца-

СообщениеДобавлено: Вт Dec 09, 2014 0:54     Заголовок сообщения:

Boon947 писал(а):
Satshanti писал(а):

321 characters, just like the Russian version Wink
Were you able to check in-game that it fits?
I would write "are not welcome" instead of "are not invited".
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/welcome#Adjective

No, haven't seen it in game yet. If anyone does, please let me know if it doesn't fit.
And yes, I agree! Only after I had already implemented the patch, did I read it back and also thought it should be "welcome" rather than "invited". Smile I'll change it next time...
   Satshanti

-Мастер Убийца-

СообщениеДобавлено: Вт Dec 09, 2014 1:02     Заголовок сообщения:

Februarius писал(а):
Hello there, greetings from Croatia! First of all, my big thanks to all of you involved in this awesome project, creators, translators, testers. Being lurking on this forum since I first discovered this wonderful mod. When I found out that somebody translated the latest version I finally decided to register.
Ok, to make myself useful right away. I found 2 bugs in translation. When you click on Gnoll or Alvari (drow/dark elf) province to read their description, there is no text. Just some number with the name of the race:
9/ Alvar
10/ Gnoll

Welcome, and thank you. These are not two bugs, but only one, a hash sign (#) in races.txt: at /8 Lizardmen that shouldn't be there. There were still quite a few of these bugs in the original 2.0 release, and I thought they'd all been found and fixed by now, but I was wrong apparently. Thanks for pointing this out. I'll fix it first thing tomorrow morning.
   bavarian kid

ς Друид ς
Ветеран

Свитков: 206
С нами с: 13.09.2013
СообщениеДобавлено: Вт Dec 09, 2014 1:15     Заголовок сообщения:

Satshanti писал(а):

No, haven't seen it in game yet. If anyone does, please let me know if it doesn't fit.

Doesn't fit Smile

Savegame tested: https://www.dropbox.com/s/k51ixynwwwtqs4g/Mercenaries%20Guild.7z?dl=0
Only 6 unit types fit in guild description; site contains 10 different unit types.

Maybe change "By unwritten rules, the independent guild of mercenaries is considered neutral territory ..." to "The guild of mercenaries considers itself neutral territory ..." to make enough room for unit types Razz

Satshanti

-Мастер Убийца-

СообщениеДобавлено: Вт Dec 09, 2014 14:01     Заголовок сообщения:

bavarian kid писал(а):
Satshanti писал(а):

Doesn't fit Smile
Savegame tested: https://www.dropbox.com/s/k51ixynwwwtqs4g/Mercenaries%20Guild.7z?dl=0
Only 6 unit types fit in guild description; site contains 10 different unit types.
Maybe change "By unwritten rules, the independent guild of mercenaries is considered neutral territory ..." to "The guild of mercenaries considers itself neutral territory ..." to make enough room for unit types Razz

I've changed it to:

"The hero %s approaches a well-fortified stronghold, home to the Mercenary Guild. It is considered neutral territory and recruiters are not welcome here.

Tested with your saved game and it now fits. Thanks!
   Wayne

Боец

СообщениеДобавлено: Вт Dec 09, 2014 18:43     Заголовок сообщения:

Same length problem with Tower of Darkness. Here's a save file:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B02Fy_tMfdnHT2xLSnhQT0VwdG8/view?usp=sharing

Cheers, Wayne
   Satshanti

-Мастер Убийца-

СообщениеДобавлено: Вт Dec 09, 2014 19:30     Заголовок сообщения:

Wayne писал(а):
Same length problem with Tower of Darkness. Here's a save file:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B02Fy_tMfdnHT2xLSnhQT0VwdG8/view?usp=sharing
Cheers, Wayne

Thanks, Wayne! I've changed it to:

"The hero %s nears the tower. It used to be a Conclave of Mages, where they studied and practiced their magic. This still continues, but the magic studied has changed and not all mages are actually alive. The mages inhabiting the tower, alive or not, will protect themselves against any attack."

I tested it and it now fits. Will be fixed with the next patch.
   bavarian kid

ς Друид ς
Ветеран

Свитков: 206
С нами с: 13.09.2013
СообщениеДобавлено: Ср Dec 10, 2014 15:13     Заголовок сообщения:

Wayne писал(а):

I entered site with Holy Knight alone for testing.

Issue: Creatures summoned with spells "Summon Hnara" and "Summon Skeleton" start out at only approx. 70% of health - however, should be 100 %.

Satshanti

-Мастер Убийца-

СообщениеДобавлено: Ср Dec 10, 2014 15:17     Заголовок сообщения:

bavarian kid писал(а):
Wayne писал(а):

I entered site with Holy Knight alone for testing.
Issue: Creatures summoned with spells "Summon Hnara" and "Summon Skeleton" start out at only approx. 70% of health - however, should be 100 %.

I don't think this is an error that got introduced with the translation. It must already exist in the Russian version too. Kettarienne, could you possibly have a look at this?
   Максим Некромант

* Великий Дух *
Ветеран
Демиург: Мастер игр

Свитков: 2385
С нами с: 10.08.2013
СообщениеДобавлено: Ср Dec 10, 2014 15:29     Заголовок сообщения:

When you play in high-level difficulty, around the last in list, all summoned units haven't full health. It's very old kind of bug or feature (it's easier to kill this unit in more difficulty level than in less, because of lower health). And yes, it's not a translation error, of course.
Часовой пояс: GMT +3:00
На страницу Пред.  1, 2, 3, 4  След.

Ты не можешь начинать темы
Ты не можешь отвечать на сообщения
Ты не можешь редактировать свои сообщения
Ты не можешь удалять свои сообщения
Ты не можешь голосовать в опросах
на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index Eador. The Genesis. Encyclopedia на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index