на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
на Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
Эадор.Сотворение - Eador.The Genesis на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
на Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
Автор / Сообщение

New Horizons v15.0427 ENG v2.4 Bug Reports

Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

Свитков: 667
С нами с: 24.09.2014
СообщениеДобавлено: Пн Мая 18, 2015 23:18     Заголовок сообщения:

bavarian kid писал(а):
Mule at Level 0 shows under "Skill and Properties", ability "Supplier" numbers 2/2.

If I interpret this numbers correctly, one number refers to health, the other to stamina.

Mule at Level 12 shows under "Skill and Properties", ability "Supplier" numbers 3/1.

However, description under "Supplier" says both health and stamina are replenished by 3.

Should the numbers under "Skill and Properties", ability "Supplier" read correctly 3/3, too ? Bug ?

Images https://www.dropbox.com/s/n0mngipergfglv1/mule_supplier.pdf?dl=0

Let's see... Smile

/596
Name: Supplier;
Only Once: 0
Need: (0)
Upg Type: 99
Quantity: 1

Upg Type: 167
Quantity: 2;

99. Не влияет на моральный дух отряда.
167. Снабженец (все дружественные существа вокруг при отдыхе восстанавливают дополнительные очки здоровья и выносливости).

99 means the unit does not affect other units' morale.

Hmmm, looks like another hard-coded gizmo.
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Вт Мая 19, 2015 0:10     Заголовок сообщения:

Satshanti писал(а):
Boon947 писал(а):

I can't really change "ход" to "turn" because the English string is longer Sad

What if it would simply be changed to "... by %d turns"?
Would that crash the game? A while back you suggested that these place holders all have to occur and in a certain order, but later I seem to remember that there were places where thatt didn't matter. Worth a try?

Yes, your idea will work (I'm kicking myself for not thinking about it, hehe).
The game expects %d %s to insert a number, then a string.
If we change the format specifier to just %d, the printf call will just ignore the program-supplied string.

Bav: try changing
/513 Skillful Healer
# When using Healing this unit can reduce the duration of poisoning and bleeding in friendly target by %d %s.#
to
/513 Skillful Healer
#When using Healing this unit can reduce the duration of poisoning and bleeding in friendly target by %d turns.#

The problem is: if the %s "variable" is, in fact, a constant (say "turns") then why did Jazz make it a variable...
I'll ask Ket (he's been quite busy the past few weeks).

Regards.
   bavarian kid

ς Друид ς
Ветеран

Свитков: 206
С нами с: 13.09.2013
СообщениеДобавлено: Вт Мая 19, 2015 10:23     Заголовок сообщения:

Boon947 писал(а):
bavarian kid писал(а):
Mule at Level 0 shows under "Skill and Properties", ability "Supplier" numbers 2/2.

If I interpret this numbers correctly, one number refers to health, the other to stamina.

Mule at Level 12 shows under "Skill and Properties", ability "Supplier" numbers 3/1.

However, description under "Supplier" says both health and stamina are replenished by 3.

Should the numbers under "Skill and Properties", ability "Supplier" read correctly 3/3, too ? Bug ?

Images https://www.dropbox.com/s/n0mngipergfglv1/mule_supplier.pdf?dl=0

/596
Name: Supplier;

Hmmm, looks like another hard-coded gizmo.

Jazz confirmed that the numbers 2/2 (L0 mule) refer to health and stamina. I guess we definitely stumbled over a bug originating from the Russian release Wink . To encounter the L12 mule, just enter site "White Mage" with your Commander hero.

Savegame https://www.dropbox.com/s/9cjaz6g7489iltx/L%2012%20mule.7z?dl=0

Последний раз редактировалось: bavarian kid (Вт Мая 19, 2015 18:52), всего редактировалось 3 раз(а)
   bavarian kid

ς Друид ς
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Вт Мая 19, 2015 13:07     Заголовок сообщения:

1.) Active effect, "Siege Mode" is missing text.
Image https://www.dropbox.com/s/80rmsoikfkugowd/Siege%20Mode.pdf?dl=0

2.) ... a traveling Curio (?) Store of rarities Image https://www.dropbox.com/s/j7jttahxliafh2t/curio%20rar.png?dl=0
You just made me google "Curio" Very Happy . Did you mean "curiosities" by any chance ?

3.) Arena - Right Team: Ranged Unit Laughing Promotion screen also says "Ranged Unit". And the hero screens, too ... Laughing
Image Arena https://www.dropbox.com/s/noxwneqrwf6mcls/Arena.png?dl=0
Image Promotion screen https://www.dropbox.com/s/4y5h1h2lvrquh24/ranged%20unit.png?dl=0
Image hero screens https://www.dropbox.com/s/3bikgn3z6794e7p/ranged%20unit.pdf?dl=0

4.) Arena: "Cutthroat" for Archer/Warrior ? Promotion screen says (correctly) "Adventurer" for L10+ promotion.
Image https://www.dropbox.com/s/994ce13v7fup300/Cutthroat.pdf?dl=0
? Pic could be L20+ version, not sure. In any case, "Cutthroat" does not seem to be a fitting name for a guy in bluish plate, armed with a bow Smile

5.) Arena: "Pathfinder" for Archer/Mage ? Promotion screen says (correctly) "Ranger".
? "Pathfinder" correct name for L20+ Archer/Mage, not sure.

Don't take it personally Satshanti Wink . I am doing my taxes right now. Any sort of amusement - even reporting Eador bugs - is a welcome distraction ...

Последний раз редактировалось: bavarian kid (Вт Мая 19, 2015 23:38), всего редактировалось 2 раз(а)
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Вт Мая 19, 2015 21:44     Заголовок сообщения:

bavarian kid писал(а):
2.43 bug list

I'll take a look at these tonight. Keep 'em coming Wink
   Satshanti

-Мастер Убийца-

Свитков: 176
С нами с: 27.10.2014
СообщениеДобавлено: Вт Мая 19, 2015 21:45     Заголовок сообщения:

Sure, not taking it personally at all. These bugs were not "created" by me, but by the way the translation software works and how easy it is to skip one character when all you're focused on is translating. Smile

I don't have time now, but will have a closer look at all outstanding issues tomorrow. Thanks for all the feedback...
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Вт Мая 19, 2015 23:58     Заголовок сообщения:

Remaining issues:
(Ignore the @ => they just mean newline)

ability.txt
#Shooting at an enemy, the unit entangles it with its roots, preventing it from moving for several turns.# No effect on incorporeal enemies.#@

Defender.txt
Although they have agreed to grant passage through their lands, centaurs do not consider themselves part of your empire. They are ever on guard, vigilantly monitoring the borders of the province.@This guard cannot be disbanded.@Province income -100~.@Incorruptible.#@

Effects.txt
#Reduces the unit's defense attributes by 3.# The unit suffers 3 points of damage each turn.#@

Spell.txt
#Circle 2.@School: Shadow Magic.@The effect of this spell is cumulative.@All enemy units within 1 tile lose 4 hit points and 2 points of stamina and morale each turn.# Duration 3 turns. Ignores magic resistance.@Duration increases with the caster's concentration.@Has no effect on undead and mechanical units.#@

That should be all the stray/missing hash signs in Text, as far as I can tell...

EDIT: going through Bav's list

Site1.txt:60. Curio Store
Site.txt:60. Curio Store

60. Торговец редкостями

Rarities/Curiosities Merchant/Trader/Store

The "Ranged Unit" snafu probably comes from var/unit.var entry #242
(hero_class.var has the same problem)
/242
Name: Ranged Unit;
Name: Стрелок;

=> This used to be translated "Archer" in previous versions.
Sat, you had a change of heart? Smile

Cutthroat hero class is class #25
Russian Головорез => used to be translated to Mercenary
Google Translate suggests
thug, cutthroat, swashbuckler, desperado, ruffian, goon, bandit
#Having attained mastery on the path of the Adventurer, the hero becomes THIS UNIT, able to perform sudden attacks, move with blazing speed and find twice as much gold and gems when exploring. He is able to replenish his ammunition on the battlefield.#
I like swashbuckler!
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/swashbuckler
A swordsman or fencer who engages in showy or extravagant sword play.
A daring adventurer.

The problem seems to be that the word "Головорез" appears in several distinct contexts Sad

Последний раз редактировалось: Boon947 (Ср Мая 20, 2015 0:52), всего редактировалось 1 раз
   Satshanti

-Мастер Убийца-

СообщениеДобавлено: Ср Мая 20, 2015 0:15     Заголовок сообщения:

Thanks very much, Boon. I would have had to manually sift through the files, trying to spot the hashes. We do make a good team, the three of us. Smile
I'll implement the changes tomorrow and release another patch.
   Satshanti

-Мастер Убийца-

СообщениеДобавлено: Ср Мая 20, 2015 13:43     Заголовок сообщения:

Boon947 писал(а):
The problem is: if the %s "variable" is, in fact, a constant (say "turns") then why did Jazz make it a variable...

Maybe just in this way: if %d=1 then %s is "turn" & if %d>1 then %s is "turns". Smile
If that is so, I'll just stick with "turns" and too bad if it turns out to show "1 turns".
   Satshanti

-Мастер Убийца-

СообщениеДобавлено: Ср Мая 20, 2015 14:16     Заголовок сообщения:

Boon947 писал(а):
The "Ranged Unit" snafu probably comes from var/unit.var entry #242
(hero_class.var has the same problem)
/242
Name: Ranged Unit;
Name: Стрелок;

=> This used to be translated "Archer" in previous versions.
Sat, you had a change of heart? Smile

The problem here lies in the fact that one term in Russian (Стрелок) is translated differently throughout the game, depending on context. The hero class is called "archer", but the unit class is called "ranged unit". In both cases the same Russian term is used. This means that either I allow the CAT software to automatically translate it as one of the two terms, which would be confusing and a deviation from what it's been called so far. Or I have to enter both terms into the database manually, which I've done, and which means that all occurences of the term are flagged at each successive translation, and will have to be translated as one or the other manually. In this case I must have mixed up the hero class with the unit class during translation.

The same occurs by the way with a lot of spell effects. In Russian there's only one term for the spell and its effect. In English they are different in many cases, i.e. bless and blessed, confusion and confused, curse and cursed, etc. I have had to insert double entries in the database in all these cases, probably around 30 in all, meaning with each version, these will not be translated automatically, but going through spell.txt and effects.txt I'll have to choose one term over the other.
   Satshanti

-Мастер Убийца-

СообщениеДобавлено: Ср Мая 20, 2015 14:29     Заголовок сообщения:

Boon947 писал(а):

Cutthroat hero class is class #25
Russian Головорез => used to be translated to Mercenary
Google Translate suggests
thug, cutthroat, swashbuckler, desperado, ruffian, goon, bandit
#Having attained mastery on the path of the Adventurer, the hero becomes THIS UNIT, able to perform sudden attacks, move with blazing speed and find twice as much gold and gems when exploring. He is able to replenish his ammunition on the battlefield.#
I like swashbuckler!
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/swashbuckler
A swordsman or fencer who engages in showy or extravagant sword play.
A daring adventurer.

The problem seems to be that the word "Головорез" appears in several distinct contexts Sad

Hmm, it's been translated throughout as both cutthroat, mercenary and bandit, depending on context. I have never looked at the icons for the units while translating, so hence the possibly strange cutthroat.

In general context I can keep using generic forms like bandit, but for this particular unit an apt name would be good.

What do you guys think about "daredevil"?

I've looked at some other Russian dictionaries and this is the harvest:

daredevil; cutthroat; thug; cut-throat; desperado; goon; rough; ruffian; badman; swashbuckler; bravo; tough guy; swasher; scapegrace; gunman
   bavarian kid

ς Друид ς
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Ср Мая 20, 2015 14:38     Заголовок сообщения:

Satshanti писал(а):

"Daredevil" sounds great. "Swashbuckler" confuses me. I always try to find the - nonexistent - buckler Smile .

Последний раз редактировалось: bavarian kid (Ср Мая 20, 2015 14:38), всего редактировалось 1 раз
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Ср Мая 20, 2015 14:38     Заголовок сообщения:

Satshanti писал(а):
Boon947 писал(а):

Maybe just in this way: if %d=1 then %s is "turn" & if %d>1 then %s is "turns". Smile
If that is so, I'll just stick with "turns" and too bad if it turns out to show "1 turns".

I think you're right (good insight), and I agree with your proposed work-around.
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Ср Мая 20, 2015 14:39     Заголовок сообщения:

bavarian kid писал(а):
Satshanti писал(а):

"Daredevil" sounds great. "Swashbuckler" confuses me. I always try to find the - nonexistent - buckler Smile .

I like Daredevil too Smile
   Satshanti

-Мастер Убийца-

СообщениеДобавлено: Ср Мая 20, 2015 16:37     Заголовок сообщения:

The issue with the Cutthroat / Mercenary is again similar to the issue above: there is only one term (Головорез) used for both a unit and a hero class, and to top that off, there's also a guard (defenders) with more of them. So again, automatic translation is impossible if one wants to maintain consistency of terms, and even doing it manually means one has to really consider in which file the term occurs, which can be confusing.

For instance, both are in an upgrade track: the unit, which I now still call Cutthroat, is an upgraded Assassin, but the hero class, which we have decided to now call Daredevil, is an upgraded Adventurer. Hence the errors, and it's really easy to make those. Again, this needs to be done with each new version, because there's no way to automate the translation of one term into different English terms.

I have now sorted out all occurences of Головорез (I hope) and updated the database accordingly.

A patch will be out soon.
   Satshanti

-Мастер Убийца-

СообщениеДобавлено: Ср Мая 20, 2015 16:45     Заголовок сообщения:

Patch 2.44 now released...
   bavarian kid

ς Друид ς
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Ср Мая 20, 2015 19:33     Заголовок сообщения:

2.44 issues

"Cutthroat" is still taking part in arena fights https://www.dropbox.com/s/7cfbr4f2cu3s9mw/cutthroat_arena.png?dl=0, you may have missed one instance of Головорез somewhere.

I have created a save with three heroes parked over a province with an arena - you may find it convenient for retesting at a later point https://www.dropbox.com/s/pzhydlm1vuatqpc/Arena.7z?dl=0 - and to have some fun watching the arena fights Cool .
   Satshanti

-Мастер Убийца-

СообщениеДобавлено: Ср Мая 20, 2015 20:39     Заголовок сообщения:

bavarian kid писал(а):
2.44 issues

"Cutthroat" is still taking part in arena fights https://www.dropbox.com/s/7cfbr4f2cu3s9mw/cutthroat_arena.png?dl=0, you may have missed one instance of Головорез somewhere.

Thanks! One instance had remained, now fixed. I'll wait a bit now before releasing another patch. Maybe other stuff will come up.
   bavarian kid

ς Друид ς
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Мая 21, 2015 0:26     Заголовок сообщения:

Satshanti писал(а):
The same occurs by the way with a lot of spell effects. In Russian there's only one term for the spell and its effect. In English they are different in many cases, i.e. bless and blessed, confusion and confused, curse and cursed, etc.

When a halfling bard casts "Mockery", right now the ability graphic and "Mocked" appear over his head. Of course it would be nicer if "Mocking" would appear over the casting halfling and "Mocked" under the active effects section of the affected enemy unit Smile . Of course an acceptable - and less complex alternative - would be to use "Mockery" for the casting halfling ...
   Sandman25

≡Главарь≡

Свитков: 345
С нами с: 24.04.2014
СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Мая 21, 2015 2:02     Заголовок сообщения:

Boon947 писал(а):

That's because in English "turns" is the same for 2 turns, 5 turns but in Russian it is different: 2 хода, 5 ходов so it should be a variable. Also yes, 1 turns would be very strange indeed Wink
Часовой пояс: GMT +3:00
На страницу Пред.  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  След.

Ты не можешь начинать темы
Ты не можешь отвечать на сообщения
Ты не можешь редактировать свои сообщения
Ты не можешь удалять свои сообщения
Ты не можешь голосовать в опросах
на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index Eador. The Genesis. Encyclopedia на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index