на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
на Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
Эадор.Сотворение - Eador.The Genesis на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
на Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
Автор / Сообщение

New Horizons v15.0427 ENG v2.4 Bug Reports

Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

Свитков: 667
С нами с: 24.09.2014
СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Мая 21, 2015 8:40     Заголовок сообщения:

Random stuff (minor, probably no impact on game)

Text/unit.txt
. #Thugs who manage to outlive their bruises
=> Bogus characters before #Thugs...

Text/upgrade.txt
/ 606 Stalker Shot 1
=> Extra space between / and 606

Various strings with extra space at the beginning:
Effects.txt:532:# The unit has forgotten it's in battle. It is not able to fight in close combat, and its ranged attack is set to 0. The unit is also not able to use spells.#
upgrade.txt:1439:# Increase the amount of health restored by means of repair.#
upgrade.txt:1621:# Initiating a dedicated warlock into the darkest secrets turns him into a Maleficar.#
upgrade.txt:1678:# It's impossible to entangle the unit in roots.#
upgrade.txt:1933:# Increases the amount of restored health while attacking an enemy in melee combat by 10~ of the inflicted damage.#
Hero_class.txt:68:# Reaching the maximum skill on the path of the Chieftain, the hero becomes a Great Chieftain, with a military power and fury that does not have its equal, and a skilled commander to his soldiers.#
Site.txt:302:# This is an old and luxurious mansion that certainly contain something of value, the remnants of its last living masters.#
ability.txt:1578:# It's impossible to entangle the unit in roots.#
ability.txt:1933:# When using Healing this unit can reduce the duration of poisoning and bleeding in friendly target by %d turns.#

Looking good... Guess I will start a new campaign next week, and enjoy the game for a while.
But before, I will update my filterable tables! Wink

Regards.
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
   Satshanti

-Мастер Убийца-

Свитков: 176
С нами с: 27.10.2014
СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Мая 21, 2015 11:19     Заголовок сообщения:

bavarian kid писал(а):
Satshanti писал(а):
The same occurs by the way with a lot of spell effects. In Russian there's only one term for the spell and its effect. In English they are different in many cases, i.e. bless and blessed, confusion and confused, curse and cursed, etc.

When a halfling bard casts "Mockery", right now the ability graphic and "Mocked" appear over his head. Of course it would be nicer if "Mocking" would appear over the casting halfling and "Mocked" under the active effects section of the affected enemy unit Smile . Of course an acceptable - and less complex alternative - would be to use "Mockery" for the casting halfling ...

Aah, now there's something I hadn't even realised until now, and of course a player would rarely notice this either, because he's so busy with.... playing. Smile
And that is that to implement this grammatical finesse, one would indeed need three variations: Mockery, Mocking and Mocked, Bless, Blessing and Blessed. I now wonder if the whole thing is worth it.
It does make for a nice detail, but who really cares about that anyway? It's about the gameplay after all. If it's the same word in all cases in Russian, maybe we should just have Bless and Mockery in English too.
The alternative would take a lot of extra time, not just once, but each time a new version is released, because to do it right, not only the spell and ability would take that form, but the caster's effect and the target's effect would have to be different and that's very hard to discern during translation. Maybe I should unify all of these terms into its basic form. What do you guys think?
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Мая 21, 2015 11:54     Заголовок сообщения:

Satshanti писал(а):
bavarian kid писал(а):
Satshanti писал(а):
The same occurs by the way with a lot of spell effects. In Russian there's only one term for the spell and its effect. In English they are different in many cases, i.e. bless and blessed, confusion and confused, curse and cursed, etc.

When a halfling bard casts "Mockery", right now the ability graphic and "Mocked" appear over his head. Of course it would be nicer if "Mocking" would appear over the casting halfling and "Mocked" under the active effects section of the affected enemy unit Smile . Of course an acceptable - and less complex alternative - would be to use "Mockery" for the casting halfling ...

Aah, now there's something I hadn't even realised until now, and of course a player would rarely notice this either, because he's so busy with.... playing. Smile
And that is that to implement this grammatical finesse, one would indeed need three variations: Mockery, Mocking and Mocked, Bless, Blessing and Blessed. I now wonder if the whole thing is worth it.
It does make for a nice detail, but who really cares about that anyway? It's about the game-play after all. If it's the same word in all cases in Russian, maybe we should just have Bless and Mockery in English too.
The alternative would take a lot of extra time, not just once, but each time a new version is released, because to do it right, not only the spell and ability would take that form, but the caster's effect and the target's effect would have to be different and that's very hard to discern during translation. Maybe I should unify all of these terms into its basic form. What do you guys think?

In my opinion, you should definitely aim to minimize the work required for translating a new version.
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Мая 21, 2015 12:07     Заголовок сообщения:

Sandman25 писал(а):
That's because in English "turns" is the same for 2 turns, 5 turns but in Russian it is different: 2 хода, 5 ходов

http://www.russianlessons.net/lessons/lesson11_main.php

Цитата:
So in summary...
Quantity ends in 1 - As per position in the sentence.
Quantity ends in 2,3,4 - Genitive Singular.
Quantity ends in 5,6,7,8,9,0,-надцать - Genitive Plural
General Quantity - Genitive Case (Singular or Plural depending on context.)
Quantity not specified - Use the case that is appropriate to the sentence position.

Wow! Russian is a crazy language! Smile
   bavarian kid

ς Друид ς
Ветеран

Свитков: 206
С нами с: 13.09.2013
СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Мая 21, 2015 13:52     Заголовок сообщения:

Satshanti писал(а):
bavarian kid писал(а):
Satshanti писал(а):

It does make for a nice detail, but who really cares about that anyway? It's about the gameplay after all. If it's the same word in all cases in Russian, maybe we should just have Bless and Mockery in English too.

Unified basic form is completely alright. Simple and elegant solution Smile . It helps people like me avoid wrinkling my nose when I encounter e.g. "Mocked" over the active caster's head. "Mocked" just feels "wrong". Using the basic form avoids this issue altogether.
   bavarian kid

ς Друид ς
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Мая 21, 2015 18:49     Заголовок сообщения:

Collect Ammo (e.g. Halfling, Herbalist, Halfling Rogue) - please insert "up to" xy units of ammunition https://www.dropbox.com/s/sgxn3noh80cwrem/collect%20up%20to.png?dl=0

Issues affects all units with "Collect Ammo", for instance Ballista ... https://www.dropbox.com/s/u00wbpu10epl8vt/ballista.png?dl=0
or certain weapons https://www.dropbox.com/s/xqg0xwczmy58ryu/weapons.png?dl=0

On that topic ... potential "bug by inconsistency". All new sling weapons include "Collect Ammo" - except Chain Sling

Image for comparison https://www.dropbox.com/s/kcqf4mvuvks9x5e/Slings.png?dl=0

Accidental oversight in Russian release ? Intentional limitation ? Feels broken to me - a typical motive for the player to choose sling over bow/crossbow is the added flexibility of collecting ammo anywhere, anytime. Sling without "Collect Ammo" ... Crying or Very sad .
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Мая 21, 2015 22:26     Заголовок сообщения:

bavarian kid писал(а):
Collect Ammo (e.g. Halfling, Herbalist, Halfling Rogue) - please insert "up to" xy units of ammunition https://www.dropbox.com/s/sgxn3noh80cwrem/collect%20up%20to.png?dl=0

Issues affects all units with "Collect Ammo", for instance Ballista ... https://www.dropbox.com/s/u00wbpu10epl8vt/ballista.png?dl=0
or certain weapons https://www.dropbox.com/s/xqg0xwczmy58ryu/weapons.png?dl=0

On that topic ... potential "bug by inconsistency". All new sling weapons include "Collect Ammo" - except Chain Sling

Image for comparison https://www.dropbox.com/s/kcqf4mvuvks9x5e/Slings.png?dl=0

Accidental oversight in Russian release ? Intentional limitation ? Feels broken to me - a typical motive for the player to choose sling over bow/crossbow is the added flexibility of collecting ammo anywhere, anytime. Sling without "Collect Ammo" ... Crying or Very sad .

upgrade.txt (entries 53 and 134) say
#This special ability allows the trooper to collect a few units of ammunition per turn.#
trooper? Smile

The text you suggest to change is ability.txt
/23 Collect Ammo
#A special ability allowing the unit to collect %d units of ammunition per turn.#

You're right that the Chain Sling item does not have the Gather_Ammo ability.
Whether that is intentional or an oversight, you'll have to ask Jazz or Ket.

Regards.
   bavarian kid

ς Друид ς
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Мая 21, 2015 22:43     Заголовок сообщения:

Boon947 писал(а):

You're right that the Chain Sling item does not have the Gather_Ammo ability.
Whether that is intentional or an oversight, you'll have to ask Jazz or Ket.

PM sent to Jazz Smile . Out of curiosity, can you add the "Collect Ammo" ability to the Chain sling by simply inserting a Gather_Ammo ability line in some txt file ?
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Мая 22, 2015 3:47     Заголовок сообщения:

bavarian kid писал(а):
Out of curiosity, can you add the "Collect Ammo" ability to the Chain sling by simply inserting a Gather_Ammo ability line in some txt file ?

I'm not sure, but I think so:

Open item.var
Add this to the Chain Sling description
(between Ammo and Stunning_shot abilities, like for Leather Sling)

Gather_Ammo: 23
Power: 4
Area: 0

I won't be able to reply here for a few days.

Regards.
   Jazz

* Мастер Астрала *
admin
Грандмастер НГ

Свитков: 3162
С нами с: 23.10.2011
СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Мая 22, 2015 7:02     Заголовок сообщения:

bavarian kid писал(а):

Collection of armor-piercing ammo? Wink
Собирает урожай.
Тот, кто нежить в бой ведёт,
От твоей руки падёт.
И останется один
В чистом поле – паладин!
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение ICQ
   Satshanti

-Мастер Убийца-

СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Мая 22, 2015 10:14     Заголовок сообщения:

Jazz писал(а):
bavarian kid писал(а):

Collection of armor-piercing ammo? Wink

Good point! Smile
   Vonotar

Главарь

Свитков: 37
С нами с: 20.06.2014
СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Мая 23, 2015 11:16     Заголовок сообщения: Good work

Hey,
Thanks for the new version - have been playing and seems very good so far.
I notice that the gambling house description still says +1% gold income, but it is always a flat +5 gold income. I guess it is like that in the Russian version too.
Thanks again Smile
   bavarian kid

ς Друид ς
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Пн Мая 25, 2015 12:37     Заголовок сообщения:

In case new players wonder why mercenaries do not gain experience - confirmed bug in most recent release http://eador.com/B2/viewtopic.php?p=243644#243644

Tested with berserker who killed witcher in combat

Image https://www.dropbox.com/s/1kq25lsckrb2hu2/merc%20no%20xp.pdf?dl=0
Save prebattle for easy reproduction https://www.dropbox.com/s/39xasi4w12xd2la/merc%20no%20exp.7z?dl=0
   bavarian kid

ς Друид ς
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Пн Мая 25, 2015 20:05     Заголовок сообщения:

Text bug in English version.

- "Massive Shot" and "Blast" displayed on top of each other.
- "Unidentified Shot" and "Blast" displayed on top of each other.

Observation: Dwarven ".gs-timer").forEach(n=>{let o=n.textContent.trim().match(/^(\d+)[.-](\d+)[.-](\d+)\s+(\d+):(\d+)$/) cannon switches in Siege Mode, uses special ability shot in the next round.
Looks like two text messages are for some reason displayed on top of each other over enemy creatures affected by the special ability shot.

Images https://www.dropbox.com/s/x0p8hvyq6n7dilz/".gs-timer").forEach(n=>{let o=n.textContent.trim().match(/^(\d+)[.-](\d+)[.-](\d+)\s+(\d+):(\d+)$/)%20cannon%20text%20bug%20.pdf?dl=0
   Satshanti

-Мастер Убийца-

СообщениеДобавлено: Пн Мая 25, 2015 21:59     Заголовок сообщения:

bavarian kid писал(а):

Observation: Dwarven ".gs-timer").forEach(n=>{let o=n.textContent.trim().match(/^(\d+)[.-](\d+)[.-](\d+)\s+(\d+):(\d+)$/) cannon switches in Siege Mode, uses special ability shot in the next round.
Looks like two text messages are for some reason displayed on top of each other over enemy creatures affected by the special ability shot.

Images https://www.dropbox.com/s/x0p8hvyq6n7dilz/".gs-timer").forEach(n=>{let o=n.textContent.trim().match(/^(\d+)[.-](\d+)[.-](\d+)\s+(\d+):(\d+)$/)%20cannon%20text%20bug%20.pdf?dl=0

Unfortunately this is not really a text bug as such. I think it's a bug that also happens in the Russian version. I'm not sure of course, but I can't see how such an error could result from errors in any of the language related files in the Text and var folders.

Maybe Jazz could comment and/or look into it, or Boon might be able to shed some more light on it.
   Vonotar

Главарь

Свитков: 37
С нами с: 20.06.2014
СообщениеДобавлено: Вт Мая 26, 2015 10:07     Заголовок сообщения:

I presume "immunity to pain" & "feels no pain" are the same ability? If so we should use the same name. I'm also not quite clear on what the skill does ("Wounds have no impact on the unit's attack") - I guess wounds can lower attack values?
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Вт Мая 26, 2015 13:16     Заголовок сообщения:

Vonotar писал(а):
I presume "immunity to pain" & "feels no pain" are the same ability? If so we should use the same name.

Let's see...

unit_upg.var
/386
Name: Feels No Pain;
Only Once: 0
Need: (0)
Upg Type: 13
Quantity: 1;

ability_num.var
/13
Name: Feels No Pain;
Number: 13
Numeric: 0
Effect: 0
Percent: 0

Russian term: Не чувствует боли ("Does not feel pain")

The "immunity to pain" text appears in "descriptive" text.

Код:
Text/Spell.txt:1605:Gives friendly unit the traits of an undead creature: Fearlessness, Tirelessness, Immunity to Pain, Poison and Cold, and Vampirism.
Text/Spell.txt:2225:Does not affect tireless creatures and those immune to pain.
Text/Spell.txt:2336:Does not affect undead and mechanical units, nor creatures immune to pain.#
Text/Spell.txt:2444:Immunity against Magic or Pain offer no protection from this spell.
Text/Spell.txt:2455:Immunity against Magic or Pain offer no protection from this spell.
Text/Spell.txt:2713:Grants all friendly Alkari units Reincarnation, Immunity to Pain and Smite Evil (4). Duration 2 turns.
Text/Effects.txt:326:#The unit has acquired all traits of the undead - immunity to pain, restlessness, fearless, immunity to poison and cold and ability to replenish health by damage in melee combat as well.#
Text/Effects.txt:553:#The unit possesses Reincarnation and is immune to pain. Its Smite Evil is increased by 4.#
Text/upgrade.txt:185:#The unit is undead, which means it's tireless, fearless, feels no pain, cannot be poisoned and is immune to cold spells.#
Text/upgrade.txt:1064:#The unit is taught to cast the "Embrace of Darkness" Spell, giving a friendly unit the traits of an undead creature. The unit becomes tireless, fearless, immune to poison and cold, feels no pain and is able to replenish health by dealing melee damage. Has no effect on undead and mechanical units.#
Text/upgrade.txt:1885:#The unit is taught to cast the "Act of Faith" spell, causing great damage to the caster, but granting Reincarnation, Immunity to Pain and strong Smite Evil to all friendly Alkari.#
Text/unit.txt:313:Like the rest of the undead, the dracolich knows no pain, fear or fatigue, and is immune to poisons.
Text/unit.txt:701:#Once upon a time, this creature was an unremarkable gluttonous ghoul. But one day, the owner of a ghoul - a powerful necromancer - decided to strengthen his "bodyguard", giving it better military equipment - weapons, armor and shields. Cadavers are immune to pain, wounds do not bleed and it cannot die. The enormous power of the living dead crushes even the strongest armor.
Text/medal.txt:57:#Increases morale by 6 and Smite Evil by 2. Confers immunity to pain.
Text/ability.txt:1005:#This unit can cast the Embrace of Darkness spell, granting a friendly unit the traits of an undead creature. The unit becomes tireless, fearless, immune to poison and cold, feels no pain and is able to replenish health by dealing melee damage. Has no effect on undead and mechanical units.
Text/ability.txt:1704:#This unit can cast the Act of Faith spell, causing 70 points of damage to the caster, but granting Reincarnation, Immunity to Pain and strong Smite Evil to all friendly Alkari.
Text/ability.txt:1836:#This unit can use arrows to cast the Stone Crust spell at will: it covers the enemy unit in an airtight crust for 4 turns, immobilizing it and making it lose 4 hit points per turn; armor is increased by 4 and resistance by 2. The spell has no effect on tireless creatures and those immune to pain, and resistance significantly reduces the duration of the spell.

IMO, the ability's name and the verbose descriptions don't need to be strictly aligned.

Vonotar писал(а):
I'm also not quite clear on what the skill does ("Wounds have no impact on the unit's attack") - I guess wounds can lower attack values?

Yes, that's what makes Barbarians and Undead dangerous (to low level armies).

Regards.
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Вт Мая 26, 2015 13:24     Заголовок сообщения:

Satshanti писал(а):
Unfortunately this is not really a text bug as such. I think it's a bug that also happens in the Russian version. I'm not sure of course, but I can't see how such an error could result from errors in any of the language related files in the Text and var folders.

Maybe Jazz could comment and/or look into it, or Boon might be able to shed some more light on it.

I too believe this is a problem in the original version, unless Jazz/Ket say otherwise.

Regards.
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Вт Мая 26, 2015 16:06     Заголовок сообщения:

In Hero_class.txt, my entry for Tactician is slightly different:
/14 Tactician
#A Commander who has mastered scouting skills becomes a Tactician, able to increase the ranged attack of his units.#

[EDIT]
medal.var
Name: /16 Star of the Scout;

Suggested translation: Scout's Ribbon (??)

Regards.
   bavarian kid

ς Друид ς
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Вт Мая 26, 2015 17:13     Заголовок сообщения:

Satshanti писал(а):
bavarian kid писал(а):

Unfortunately this is not really a text bug as such. I think it's a bug that also happens in the Russian version.

Boon947 писал(а):
I too believe this is a problem in the original version, unless Jazz/Ket say otherwise.

Both of you guys are right Smile .Tested the issue with site "Dwarven Artillery" in Russian and English release. Problem originates in Russian version. Sent PM to Jazz Wink .

Images https://www.dropbox.com/s/8cc8fdc74jwvnkw/".gs-timer").forEach(n=>{let o=n.textContent.trim().match(/^(\d+)[.-](\d+)[.-](\d+)\s+(\d+):(\d+)$/)%20cannon%20text%20bug%20rus.pdf?dl=0

Save https://www.dropbox.com/s/lzb3057odpc9t1f/Dwarven%20Artillery.7z?dl=0
Часовой пояс: GMT +3:00
На страницу Пред.  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  След.

Ты не можешь начинать темы
Ты не можешь отвечать на сообщения
Ты не можешь редактировать свои сообщения
Ты не можешь удалять свои сообщения
Ты не можешь голосовать в опросах
на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index Eador. The Genesis. Encyclopedia на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index