на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
на Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
Эадор.Сотворение - Eador.The Genesis на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
на Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
Автор / Сообщение

New Horizons v2.60 discussion thread

bludwig

Дозорный

Свитков: 40
С нами с: 17.02.2014
СообщениеДобавлено: Вс Мар 13, 2016 22:09     Заголовок сообщения:

Ah, so I can edit the text wholesale? Wonderful. Here's what I've found by briefly looking at the texts:

When greeted by the demon Master (I forget his name), he says "I hope you won't get in my way, or you'll feel for yourself what is Chaos like." This should be "...feel for yourself what Chaos is like." Note that this occurs twice, in two different parts of the file.

Magnus' greeting message reads "This Shard hides a plenty of things strange and unusual, that's why I intend to add it to my collection." This should probably be "This shard hides plenty of things strange and unusual, and that's why I intend to add it to my collection." You need the "and" in there, or a semicolon, as it's an independent clause. Again, this message occurs twice in the text file, and may need to be amended twice.

One of Erdu's messages is "For whom thee take me now, oh %s?" This should be "For whom dost thou take me now, oh %s?" In this case that thee must be a thou, as it's the subject and not the object. (Whoever wrote this file was actually better at telling their thees from their thous than most, but a few errors remain.)

Another is "Shall thee accept this judgment I have made,". It should be "Shalt thou accept this judgment I have made,". Again, subject and not object.

Another is "There are but thee and I upon this Shard." Should be "There are but thou and I upon this Shard." Same deal. If an "I" is paired with it, it needs to be thou; if a "me", a thee, as those reflect nominative and accusative, respectively. As in "Thou and I shall see him dine," in Good King Wenceslas.

Another is "How dare thee, thou betrayer of my faith," which should be "How dare thou, thou betrayer of my faith,". You could also remove the second "thou" if it seems redundant.

Erdu has a lot of grammatical and punctuative weirdness in his statements, but I'm not touching most of it, as it may be intentional.

Not sure who the Master is... may be Doh-Gor... but when he offers an alliance, he says "You're good warrior, %s! Let's fight together!" This should be "You're a good warrior". He uses brief but proper grammar, including indefinite articles like "a", in his other statements.

In the "Mass Rage" ability description, the text "The unit can cast the "Mass Rage" spell, whichs gives all friendly units Fearless, Intimidation 2, and Bloodlust 3." This should be which.

The "Winged Watch" defender description says "Winged watches usually consist of a small group of Icari, lead by a Luminary, vigilantly patrolling the area..." This should read led. Later in the same description, it says "...may be lead by Memory Keepers..." and again, this should be led.

The "Power Word: Hold" and "Chilling Touch" descriptions state "The unit is paralyzed. It can not act." This should be "It cannot act." ("Can not" means that it has the positive ability not to act, if it so chooses, which isn't what you're trying to say. You mean that it can't, or cannot, act.) The spell descriptions for Paralyze, Power Word: Hold, Cocoon of Darkness, Gaseous Form, Chilling Touch

The School of High Magic building description says you can get "Enchated Weapon" scrolls there. This should be "Enchanted Weapon".

The Tower of Restoration description has the phrase "Allows the summoning of Seraphims". This should simply be Seraphim, or Seraphs. The singular of that particular being is simply Seraph, and Seraphim is the plural. (These are the things you learn with a graduate degree in Religious Studies...) Similarly, the creature itself should simply be called a Seraph, not a Seraphim.

The Sacred Order building description states "Allows thew recruitment of Paladin." This should be "Allows the recruitment of Paladins."

In the building descriptions, sometimes you refer to the plural of ericuba as "ericubes" and sometimes as "ericubas". I don't know what's correct... I've never heard of such a creature, and it has no information I could easily find online... but it ought to be consistent. The "Swampland" building description states "Allows hiring Ericubas and use eggs". This should be "Allows the enlistment of Ericubas [if that's the plural you choose] from their eggs."

The Epic Jeweler building contains the word "Messengers's." This should be Messenger's.

The text sometimes refers to units called Duellists. They should be Duelists.

The Crystal Mine description states "Can not be built in a swamp." This should be "Cannot be built in a swamp." Its upgrade description also states this.

In the Elves racial description, the word "unaccessible" appears. This should be "inaccessible."

In the Orc racial description, the phrase "with a straigth face" appears. This should be "with a straight face."

In the Gnoll racial description, the word "perpertually" appears. This should be "perpetually". (Although I really do like the sound of the word "perpertually".)

In the Witcher Citadel description, it begins with the phrase "Well guarded". This should be "Well-guarded". The Inquisition Cloister needs the same edit.

The Temple of Light location description calls it a "beatiful building". This should be "beautiful".

The Behemoth's Lair location description uses the word "usefull". This should be "useful". Same with the Conclave location description.

In the "Become Bone Spearman" unit promotion text, the word "equiped" appears. This should be "equipped."

The Summon Wasp Cloud upgrade text uses the word "strucked". This should be "struck".

The Mass Rage upgrade text uses the word "whichs". This should be "which".

The Quagmire upgrade text states "The unit is taught to cast "Quagmire" spell, slowing the enemy and reduces it's defense and ranged defense." This should be "slowing the enemy and reducing its defense and ranged defense." (That it's vs. its is my number one editing pet peeve, but in general Eador gets it right. This is a rare exception.)

The Become Battle Gryphon upgrade text uses the word "griphon". This should be "gryphon", as in the name of the unit itself. Also "griphons" at the end of the same description should be "gryphons".

The Magic Fight upgrade (clunky name) uses the phrase "to reduce damage form those kinds of attacks." This should be "to reduce damage from those kinds of attacks."

The Cleric Transformation upgrade text twice refers to them as "clerik". This should, of course, be "cleric".

Both the Fearless Spell upgrade and the Immobilization upgrade use "it's" when they mean "its". (There it is again...)

The Forest Knowledge 1 and 2 upgrades both use the word "tiile". This should be "tile".

The Frenzy upgrade uses the phrase "hit poins". This should be "hit points". This upgrade text appears twice in the file, and both places should probably be corrected.

The Mass Disease Spell upgrade uses the word "creaturs". This should be "creatures".

The "Burning" state description uses the phrase "Unir is burning". This should be "Unit is burning".

The Spearman unit description uses the phrase "much faster then iron-clad warriors". This should be "faster than iron-clad warriors".

In the Deathtouched unit description, the phrase "In stead" appears. This should be "Instead". Later in the same description, the word "intentionnally" appears. This should be "intentionally".

I mentioned this before, but the Earthshaker description still contains the non-word "manufactored". This should be "manufactured". Sorry if you already corrected that and it hasn't been posted yet.

The Ghost Whisperer unit description uses the word "usefull". This should be "useful".

The Spirit Conjurer unit description uses the word "extremly". This should be "extremely".

The Water Elemental unit description uses the word "spiritis". This should be "spirits". Same for Air Elemental, Earth Elemental and Fire Elemental descriptions, and for Mephits and possibly others. Might want to do a search for the word "spiritis" in general.

The Goblin-hunter unit description (this unit should really be a Goblin Hunter, as it's a goblin who hunts and not something which pursues goblins) uses the word "suprise". This should be "surprise".

The Nocturnal Hunter description uses the phrase "in stead". This should be "instead".

The Guardian of Darkness unit description uses the phrase "consists of am elite group". This should be "an elite group".

The Illithid unit description uses the term "Ilithids". This should be "Illithids".

The Demonologist unit description uses the word "havok". This should be "havoc".

The Adept unit description uses the phrase "a early practitioner". This should be "an early practitioner." In the same description, it says they "learn form the wizard". This should be "learn from the wizard".

The Pack Warrior unit description uses the word "essentialy". This should be "essentially". In the same description it says they become "stonger" as the years pass. This should be "stronger". (Although again, I like the word "stonger".)

The Dwarven Alchemist unit description uses the word "alchmist". This should be "alchemist".

The Memory Keeper unit description contains the word "pastto". This should be separated into the two words "past to". It also contains the word "knowlege". This should be "knowledge".

Whoof! That was a fun 3 hours. Note that I only did direct spelling corrections here after the diplomacy messages, and did not correct grammar and punctuation issues, of which there are very, very, very many, and which would take several days to iron out. To end, a brief non-copy-related new bug: it seems as though if you complete a battle after which treasures are directly sent to your treasury... usually very difficult ones such as a Conclave... if you have the Treasury expansion built (THANK YOU FOR THAT NEW FEATURE!), if there is no room in your first treasury but plenty of room in your second, the treasures will simply vanish and be unrecoverable. Shouldn't they go in Treasury 2 if there's no room in Treasury 1? Seems like something we'd all really appreciate... I hated losing all those artifacts.

Again, thanks for all the incredible work you guys do! This is literally the best game ever thanks to your relentless efforts.
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
   Koba

≡Охотник в Ночи≡
Ветеран

Свитков: 392
С нами с: 02.04.2013
СообщениеДобавлено: Пн Мар 14, 2016 5:34     Заголовок сообщения:

bludwig писал(а):
I'm really having major problems with crashing on this build...

Try this: http://eador.com/B2/viewtopic.php?p=266949#266949 Remove the extra line "Lvl 08 upgrades: (1, 4; 2, 4)"
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

Свитков: 667
С нами с: 24.09.2014
СообщениеДобавлено: Пн Мар 14, 2016 12:13     Заголовок сообщения:

bludwig писал(а):
Ah, so I can edit the text wholesale? Wonderful. Here's what I've found by briefly looking at the texts

Thanks for rooting out so many mistakes! Did you actually go over ALL the text files?
Another huge source of text are two files in the var folder: dialog.var and campaign_dialog.var

In a previous message, you mentioned spurious quotation marks in Drow related messages.
Do you remember what the text looked like, so I can locate it?

Are you comfortable using tools like git? and OmegaT?

Regards.
   bavarian kid

ς Друид ς
Ветеран

Свитков: 206
С нами с: 13.09.2013
СообщениеДобавлено: Вт Мар 15, 2016 19:48     Заголовок сообщения:

Wow bludwig, thanks for all your hard work Very Happy

Some minor issues I noticed:

Warlock event
"Better" is hard to read, maybe shorten a bit. "Laeve" instead of "leave"
   Vonotar

Главарь

Свитков: 37
С нами с: 20.06.2014
СообщениеДобавлено: Пн Мар 28, 2016 10:29     Заголовок сообщения: Well done

Hey, really liking this version.
I like the quest and hero changes a lot. Thanks to the translators and the Russians for continued hard work Very Happy
   Alsagoz

Ополченец

Свитков: 2
С нами с: 28.03.2016
СообщениеДобавлено: Пн Мар 28, 2016 16:22     Заголовок сообщения:

The Esc key doesn't not work after I press Alt or Ctrl. It fixed after I press Shift though.
   Vonotar

Главарь

СообщениеДобавлено: Пн Мар 28, 2016 22:25     Заголовок сообщения:

By the way, it would be good in the diplomacy screen if you could see what resources the other astral lords owned rather than needed - perhaps the Russians could hack that in?
   Arkitekt

*Владыка Вселенной*
admin
Админ всея форума

Свитков: 5138
С нами с: 30.01.2013
СообщениеДобавлено: Пн Мар 28, 2016 22:44     Заголовок сообщения:

You can always see list of resources to buy and to sell. If resource belongs to demand list, AI doesn't have it. He could possibly trade it to another AI, but only on rare occasions. If resource belongs to trade-able list, AI has a plenty. When neither of lists - AI has 1 item exactly. It is often enough to know about whether AI got iron or wood. Horses are pretty common. Marble and mythril you can check only if AI has already lost and you're curious about provinces you can grab.

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Пн Мар 28, 2016 22:58     Заголовок сообщения:

Vonotar писал(а):
By the way, it would be good in the diplomacy screen if you could see what resources the other astral lords owned rather than needed - perhaps the Russians could hack that in?

As far as I know, Jazz (the mod's main author) is the only one able to add functionality to NH.
I've toyed with binary patching, but it's rather time consuming, and quite limited in what can be changed.

A few months ago, I created a thread to discuss interesting new features.
http://eador.com/B2/viewtopic.php?t=3618

Regards.
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Вт Мар 29, 2016 1:46     Заголовок сообщения:

Alsagoz писал(а):
The Esc key doesn't not work after I press Alt or Ctrl. It fixed after I press Shift though.

I can reproduce the issue. Might be coming from the Allegro game library.
Jazz, Ket, have people complained about that in the Russian forum?
Regards.
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Апр 02, 2016 21:38     Заголовок сообщения:

In battlefield combat, Swamp tile costs stamina to cross, and gives -1 malus (opposite of bonus) to Defense and CounterAttack.
Swamp knowledge skill cancels stamina cost, but does not cancel malus.
I would expect the malus to be cancelled, at least for Swamp Knowledge > 1

Also, I'm not a big fan of Swamp Knowledge giving a Resistance bonus.
What would be the justification?

Regards.
   Hexadecimal

Ветеран

Свитков: 55
С нами с: 25.03.2014
СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Апр 02, 2016 22:12     Заголовок сообщения:

Alsagoz писал(а):

Having the same problem, though honestly I thought that was caused by some software problem on my end after reinstalling the system. Turns out it's a common bug.
Asked Jazz about it a while ago, but didn't get the answer.
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Апр 02, 2016 22:53     Заголовок сообщения:

Issue with CPU usage: when Eador runs, the CPU is loaded at 100%

Jazz, can you take a look at the function called Sleeper()
I think it is presently a "no operation", which means the game loop races in circles, wasting CPU cycles.

On Windows, it should be:
Код:
void Sleeper(int delay_ms)
{
    Sleep(delay_ms);
}

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms686298%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

Regards.
   Vonotar

Главарь

СообщениеДобавлено: Пн Апр 04, 2016 10:32     Заголовок сообщения: Typo

Typo in Spell.txt, Segment 14901 in Fire Rain description:

165. Fire Rain
#Circle 3.
School: Elemental Magic.
Deals 10 points of magic damage to every unit in a 1-tile radius, then 1 more point of damage for 3 turns.<segment>
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Пн Апр 04, 2016 22:11     Заголовок сообщения: Re: Typo

Vonotar писал(а):
Typo in Spell.txt, Segment 14901 in Fire Rain description

Fixed in next release. Thanks.
   bavarian kid

ς Друид ς
Ветеран

Свитков: 206
С нами с: 13.09.2013
СообщениеДобавлено: Вс Апр 10, 2016 16:49     Заголовок сообщения:

Minor inconsistency: Spell description says "Lord of Chaos", unit name "Lord of the(?) Abyss"
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Апр 14, 2016 14:05     Заголовок сообщения:

bavarian kid писал(а):
Minor inconsistency: Spell description says "Lord of Chaos", unit name "Lord of the(?) Abyss"

Hmm... the two concepts appear in the original text.

Владыка бездны : Lord / Sovereign / Ruler / Master ... of the Abyss => this is unit 98

Лорд Хаоса : Lord of Chaos => mentioned in these files:
var/guard_type.var & var/unit_subtype.var & Text/Spell.txt & Text/tutorial.txt

@Ket: are these two concepts the same unit?
If so, then I believe the original text needs to be updated.
What do you think?

Regards.
   Kettarienne

* Бессмертный *
New Horizons Team

Свитков: 1500
С нами с: 09.10.2012
СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Апр 14, 2016 15:48     Заголовок сообщения:

Лорд Хаоса (Chaos lord) is a subtype and formely an immunity ability of greater demons. Think of it as of "demon" type itself. It is only ever mentioned in spell text, as befits a subtype.
Лорд Хаоса is also the name of the guard of Твердыня Хаоса (Chaos Fortress) site. Merely a coincidence. Although the guard is actually a lord of chaos (Ахерон unit) who resides there, with his entourage.
Владыка бездны is indeed a unit.

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Апр 14, 2016 16:12     Заголовок сообщения:

Kettarienne писал(а):
Лорд Хаоса (Chaos lord) is a subtype and formely an immunity ability of greater demons. Think of it as of "demon" type itself. It is only ever mentioned in spell text, as befits a subtype.

Thanks for your detailed answer, as always.

My confusion came from the fact that I didn't notice that Лордов in "Не действует на Лордов Хаоса" was accusative plural.

How many declensions are there in Russian? Latin has 5, just for nouns.
Seems Russian might be slightly simpler (in that specific aspect).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latin_declension
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_declension

Regards.
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Апр 30, 2016 13:03     Заголовок сообщения:

Hello my Russian friends! Smile

Two different units are translated to the same name, can you help me find a different name in English?
(The giant spider, and the Ratman drilling machine)

Потрошитель and Свежеватель

Regards.
Часовой пояс: GMT +3:00
На страницу Пред.  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  След.

Ты не можешь начинать темы
Ты не можешь отвечать на сообщения
Ты не можешь редактировать свои сообщения
Ты не можешь удалять свои сообщения
Ты не можешь голосовать в опросах
на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index Eador. The Genesis. Encyclopedia на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index