на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
на Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
Эадор.Сотворение - Eador.The Genesis на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
на Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
Автор / Сообщение

New Horizons v2.70 discussion thread

Максим Некромант

* Великий Дух *
Ветеран
Демиург: Мастер игр

Свитков: 2385
С нами с: 10.08.2013
СообщениеДобавлено: Ср Мар 08, 2017 2:41     Заголовок сообщения:

There was wizardry, sorcery (i dont know how school with stoneskin, rain of stone and golem was translated), sacred, necromancy and chaos schools. Now there is one more (nature), wizardry become metamorphoses (still have no idea what this word should represent), sorcery become astral and spells were shuffled between all of them. What I suggest is to either stick to russian version (which is stupid at my sight) or ignore it and leave schools as they were before sticking to the buildings. Although I have no ideas what is the difference between elemental and... elemental?(the one who grants spells for fire/earth/water/air elementals) and sacred/praises it seems like they differ in terms of game logic even though they contain exactly the same spells, so it's 2 more schools but without building
And while in russian it was done without any question I simply suggest players here to choose do they want new names for magic schools and spells or they prefer old ones since what they will see is entirely on you as translator and developers have no influence over it
Oh dear god, why I even tried to read new spells descriptions, they make no sense and written by clueless idiot... no offense to translation though, not your fault. Why the hell they even touched spells...
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
   DS

Ратник

Свитков: 12
С нами с: 15.04.2016
СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Мар 09, 2017 12:47     Заголовок сообщения:

Surgeon писал(а):
And what is the changelog in comparison to the Russian version.

I could not find it.

If you run
http://eador.com/B2/viewtopic.php?t=2935
through google translate it's very easy to understand what changes between version.

As for metamorphosis, I have no idea what connotations Метаморфозы has in Russian but maybe it's supposed to be something like the transmutation spell school from D&D? So translating it to either metamorphosis or transmutation would be fine by me. Metamorphoses sounds awful in English so I'd stick to (the school of) metamorphosis. The problem with wizardry and sorcery is that it's basically the exact same thing, so I would go with translating the new names into English even if just because they're more distinct.
   Максим Некромант

* Великий Дух *
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Мар 09, 2017 15:54     Заголовок сообщения:

Just as I said before, the only connotation for Метаморфозы is biological process of turning one form of creature into second one in it's lifespan (just like caterpillar turn into butterfly) or used as synonym and there is no other that dont presented in english as well. And this word is never by anyone used in common talk, it's almost pure for biologist or if you are poet and you need rhyme. Also we have transmutation as well usually used in talking about alchemy.
As for wizardry/sorcery - you have a wizard, sorcerer, enchanter, conjurer and magician. This is волшебник, колдун, чародей, заклинатель, маг. And while in common talk it's all synonyms in some books or games this is distinctive classes with their own unic abilities and ways of using magic. And it maybe come from folklore, but usually sorcery is something that deal with your mind and soul, and not in a good way. While wizardry is just common use of magic. So it's not strange that developer of original game just sticked to this. He may choose name for schools as he wanted to be honest, but it's pretty common distinction between them in books.
If this disctinction makes no sense for english speakers it's maybe ok to change it actually. But as I understand metamorphosis makes no sense as well. Also, wizard and sorcerer are the most common classes in Dungeons and Dragons, while I never saw "mage of metamorphosis" or "astral mage" in any book. It all come from one man who decided that he doesnt like names because fireball is not in elemental magic
   jamotide

Шаман

Свитков: 30
С нами с: 03.07.2013
СообщениеДобавлено: Вс Мар 12, 2017 16:33     Заголовок сообщения:

ok so I played a game of the new version, and noticed some things:

Archmage can't have level 4 creature anymore? sucks...
Some artillery units with movement 1 don't move at all, like the blue Scorpion ballista thing from the dwarfs for example. It just waits forever if it is out of range.
Magic Crystal summon spell, what is its use? It just sits there, can't attack or cast anything. Is its purpose just to be an obstacle, Defense 14 is not bad in the beginning I guess.
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение Посетить сайт автора
   Awakened the Omnipotent

Волшебник

Свитков: 93
С нами с: 07.02.2017
СообщениеДобавлено: Вс Мар 12, 2017 17:13     Заголовок сообщения:

jamotide писал(а):
ok so I played a game of the new version, and noticed some things:

Archmage can't have level 4 creature anymore? sucks...

This thing, if put it mildly, caused indignation. And ther is no comments from team about it. Like 5 lvl necromancy is useless for archmage… they don’t care.

jamotide писал(а):
Some artillery units with movement 1 don't move at all, like the blue Scorpion ballista thing from the dwarfs for example. It just waits forever if it is out of range.

And this is just a bug. Not some artillery, all units with affix 'cant fight' do that. And again no comments or fix from the team, already a 5 mounths.
   Awakened the Omnipotent

Волшебник

Свитков: 93
С нами с: 07.02.2017
СообщениеДобавлено: Ср Мар 22, 2017 18:55     Заголовок сообщения:

I downloaded the last file http://eador.online.fr/Eador270b.zip. And in the var files I see this:

Quantity: 379 /0 Name: Empty;Cost: 0 LifeCost: 0 StamCost: 1 …

did I something wrong, or all see the same thing?
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

Свитков: 667
С нами с: 24.09.2014
СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Мар 23, 2017 21:34     Заголовок сообщения:

Awakened the Omnipotent писал(а):
I downloaded Eador270b.zip.
And in the var files I see [everything on a single line]

What text editor are you using?
I used UNIX end-of-line markers (LF) instead of DOS end-of-line markers (CRLF).
Try WordPad, or Write, or any editor that understands UNIX EOL markers.
Regards.
   bludwig

Дозорный

Свитков: 40
С нами с: 17.02.2014
СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Мар 24, 2017 22:01     Заголовок сообщения:

Hi, all!

Wow! Thanks so much to Boon947 for the awesome work on the updates. We in the English-speaking world really, really appreciate your work!

The new smooth battle animations and (some) new unit icons are wonderful, and adding the additional animations to battle for things like poison are also welcome, if a bit over-the-top sometimes. I notice that pretty much everything that can be was lifted from previous HOMM games, but that's par for the course.

As some others have said, I'm not so sure I understand the new schools-of-magic thing as well as I might. Some schools are self-explanatory and have very interesting offerings, though others are strangely named and it's hard for me to figure out just what they're getting at. I don't have a problem with the "Astral Magic" school... it seems to make sense... but as some others have noted here, the "Metamorphosis School" just doesn't seem to make sense at all. I'd expect it to be transformation or augmentation spells, but Web? Fireball? Most of the spells in this school just aren't transformative, they're evocation.

I don't know if it's been pointed out as a bug yet, but it seems that I can't level up through exploration unless nothing is found. For example, if I have a character about to level up, I explore and get the "You didn't find anything, but covered x% of the land" message, the character will level up, but if the character finds a special location and then chooses not to fight, the experience will be gained, but the character will not level up. After levelling up through some other means, XP gained by finding actual locations will be reflected... after finding 10 locations and then finally finding none, one of my characters levelled up and was already more than halfway to the next level because of the XP gained from the found locations... but even though the XP registers correctly, someone seems to have introduced a bug which doesn't allow a hero to level up from discovering a location and then choosing not to fight.

Unfortunately, I don't have any more insights because I got a brand new computer yesterday. Today I installed Eador with NH, but it just won't work... I get the massive stuttering issue which some others have encountered. That happened on my last computer and I solved it by making a new power profile which limited the processor, but that's just not working this time. Does anyone know of a method besides or in addition to lowering the processor speed to get Genesis to work on new, fast computers?

Again, thanks so much to Boon947. You are wonderful, and we appreciate the work you do.
   Максим Некромант

* Великий Дух *
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Мар 24, 2017 22:13     Заголовок сообщения:

It was working like that since vanill. You only gain actual lvl after exploring the emptiness, though you still gain exp for searching in province. Because exp is not divided into levels by itself, it's one number, game simply checks do you have enough exp to achieve level, and if do use special menu for that, withouth changing the number.
There is one stupid method - open two dublicates of this game, and play in second window, for some ppl it work.
   manio

Копьеносец

Свитков: 4
С нами с: 28.03.2017
СообщениеДобавлено: Вт Мар 28, 2017 18:51     Заголовок сообщения:

Hello all!

New registered member here but i play NH for almost 1 and half years. Fantastic work, praises to everyone involved in its creation and translation of this great mod.
Ironically, it was the first game to download and install in my new beast-PC Laughing

a) So i can confirm that game crashes after i hover my mouse over Astral Thief icon on spellbook while on battlefield. I tested both on my lvl 3 mage and lvl 22 marshal. It doesn't seem to crash when i hover over while in stronghold though, which is strange. Any fixes or work-arounds?

b) Is there any way to check all the keyboard-extra commands , like clicking the units under a heroes army to rename them (which , after i searched i couldn't find it as a listed change at http://eador.com/B2/viewtopic.php?t=2935), or holding ALT and click on spells to get a copy of it as a scroll and such? I think i am missing some commands since i don't know Russian and google translate doesn't work that effectively.

Thanks everyone!
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Ср Мар 29, 2017 0:59     Заголовок сообщения:

bludwig писал(а):
Again, thanks so much to Boon947. You are wonderful, and we appreciate the work you do.

You are most welcome Smile
Thanks also to Алексей for creating this awesome game, and to the NH team for improving it, and to the previous translators.
Regards.
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Ср Мар 29, 2017 1:09     Заголовок сообщения:

manio писал(а):
New registered member here but i play NH for almost 1 and half years. Fantastic work, praises to everyone involved in its creation and translation of this great mod.
Ironically, it was the first game to download and install in my new beast-PC Laughing

a) So i can confirm that game crashes after i hover my mouse over Astral Thief icon on spellbook while on battlefield. I tested both on my lvl 3 mage and lvl 22 marshal. It doesn't seem to crash when i hover over while in stronghold though, which is strange. Any fixes or work-arounds?

b) Is there any way to check all the keyboard-extra commands , like clicking the units under a heroes army to rename them (which , after i searched i couldn't find it as a listed change at http://eador.com/B2/viewtopic.php?t=2935), or holding ALT and click on spells to get a copy of it as a scroll and such? I think i am missing some commands since i don't know Russian and google translate doesn't work that effectively.

You are lucky that NH is playable on your new PC, because many players have issues on fast computers. My CPU is 1.6 GHz, so no problem Wink

a) Unfortunately, I can't do anything about this crash, because I don't have access to the source code. IIUC, Jazz has promised a fix some time ago, but I don't know when it would be available.

b) I might have some free time in April to translate the release notes Smile

Regards.
   manio

Копьеносец

Свитков: 4
С нами с: 28.03.2017
СообщениеДобавлено: Ср Мар 29, 2017 2:52     Заголовок сообщения:

Thank you Boon for the reply!

Yea, i had to create a new power plan at power options of my PC and throttled the CPU at 30% or else game had glitched sound Razz

Also i run on another bug. If you get the event where a mage appears in your castle to reward you because he made peace with his wife (they were argued and he finally realized he was the one at fault, not her) (i don't remember which action triggered this, but he gave me a tier 4 scroll) immediately after a fight finishes, game crashes. You have to retreat the encounter for event to complete normally.

....and i just realized i play for 14 hours straight!

Shocked Shocked
   bludwig

Дозорный

Свитков: 40
С нами с: 17.02.2014
СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Мар 31, 2017 3:42     Заголовок сообщения:

Oh, and thanks to Boon947 for switching the music back. The "Gods" intro music is so, so much better... really gets me in the mood to play!

Максим, about the exploration thing... are you sure it's always been that way? I've been playing this for years and years, and it has been a tried and true strategy of mine to sometimes choose "retreat" from an encounter which is slightly tough when I'm right about to level because that tiny bit of exploration would level up my hero right on the spot and make the encounter easier the next turn. I solemnly swear that I used to do that all the time, and it worked. But now, I can't do it. It's definitely a change in my strategy. You might be right, but it would really be a shock to me.

I'd test it with an old build, but I can't play at all right now, as I've said. My new beast-machine just will not run it. The "run in multiple windows" tip did at least make a bit of a difference... thanks for that tip, Максим... but it's still not enough. Even throttling the CPU all the way back to 10% does nothing. Are there really no other solutions besides cpu throttling and multiple windows? We've been dealing with this huge bug for years and years... I was kind of hoping that someone had come up with something in all of this time. It's not just the sound stuttering... the whole game is stuttering several times per second. IS there anything that might be on the Russian forums about this that hasn't made it over to our side?
   Максим Некромант

* Великий Дух *
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Мар 31, 2017 10:54     Заголовок сообщения:

It was working like that since alpha, just back in the days there wasnt so much sites so you probably almost always ran into empty lands exploration.
Just some facts to know. This game was done by one person, who honestly is not the best programmer in the world as he said himself) It was written on outdated even back at that days library and it was waaaaay long ago. Consideration that "it may not work on fast PCs properly" wasnt taked into account because he had no ideas it would be a problem - in that days there wasnt PC with characteristics like now, and internal library didnt support anything newer then it was created officially. Multi-core CPU, faster then 1.6GHz - forget about it, it wasnt a thing for that. So, the only solution that would help more then this tricks which users were searching for years is to completely rewrite the game with new library and I will not believe someone will make it. Developer has his new game on hand (Gremlins Inc, pretty cool honestly) and I dont think he even care about this one, it will not give you any money, and, to be honest, it maybe even agains copyright law
   Lucas Siqueira

Лучник

Свитков: 3
С нами с: 01.05.2016
СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Апр 01, 2017 1:15     Заголовок сообщения: github

Hi

Thanks for your work translating NH.

I've checked gitbhub and it looks like it's still at 2.70a, is that right?

I'm planning to fork and put my mod mod at it...

Последний раз редактировалось: Lucas Siqueira (Пн Апр 17, 2017 6:42), всего редактировалось 2 раз(а)
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Апр 01, 2017 23:50     Заголовок сообщения:

In spell.var, what does it mean for the Building requirement to be negative?

In 16.0901.f01
Код:
Name: Eternal Light;
Building: -60
Name: Scourge of Chaos;
Building: -266
Name: Legacy of Chaos;
Name: Primal Rage;
Building: -283
Name: Temptation of Chaos;
Building: -283
Name: Banner of Chaos;
Building: -284

In the previous version, 15.1231.f01
Код:
Name: Suicide;
Building: -133
Name: Insanity;
Building: -136
Name: Geyser;
Building: -132
Name: Summon Lord of Abyss;
Building: -176
Name: Levitation;
Building: -19
Name: Enchanted Weapon;
Building: -134
Name: Titan's Strength;
Building: -177
Name: Unrest;
Building: -137
Name: Higher Power;
Building: -173
Name: Heroism;
Building: -81
Name: Cat's Reflexes;
Building: -23
Name: Mass Life Drain;
Building: -174
Name: Demon Blood;
Building: -84
Name: Chaos Surge;
Building: -24
Name: Fearlessness;
Building: -21
Name: Feebleness;
Building: -82
Name: Battle Cry;
Building: -85
Name: Burden;
Building: -80
Name: Stone Crust;
Building: -83
Name: Elemental Immunity;
Building: -175
Name: Confusion;
Building: -178
Name: Soul Trap;
Building: -22
Name: Summon Mephit;
Building: -20
Name: Shock;
Building: -33
Name: Eternal Light;
Building: -60
Name: Heaven's Rage;
Building: -135
Name: Scourge of Chaos;
Name: Legacy of Chaos;
Name: Primal Rage;
Name: Temptation of Chaos;
Name: Banner of Chaos;
Building: -285

Regards.
   mg979

Боец

Свитков: 8
С нами с: 21.04.2017
СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Апр 21, 2017 23:04     Заголовок сообщения:

I registered to report some bugs:

- spell Mass Bless gave me a bonus like +5 to all attributes on all units
- the new harpy ability "hit and run", if the harpy attacks and dies because of counterattack, the hexagon where she started is permanently "full", even if empty
- shock spell (sacred magic), description says "damage increases significantly for lower karma", sure it was meant higher karma? Since it's sacred magic not necromancy

I also agree that metamorphoses should be Wizardry or Sorcery, there's no harm in keeping one old name if it fits better.

I still despise deeply the new half-demon gnolls, why you don't make an new faction, "possessed" or "demons spawn" that has this reincarnating ability? They could be like cultists. Please bring back old gnolls with runes.
   Максим Некромант

* Великий Дух *
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Апр 21, 2017 23:11     Заголовок сообщения:

1. And what mass bless should do?
2. Ability is bugged really heavy, better not even use harpies and dont attack them. It also disrupt the animation sometimes or playing it on different tile then the one that harpy is staying on
3. It depends on target karma, not yours. So if you will attack paladin you will have less damage then using it on demon, because demon is more evil and have lower karma

Runes weren't working properly, easily abusable and it seems like developers just couldnt come out how to fix it and ditch it out. Also they tend to never rework something they've done already
   mg979

Боец

Свитков: 8
С нами с: 21.04.2017
СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Апр 21, 2017 23:29     Заголовок сообщения:

Максим Некромант писал(а):
1. And what mass bless should do?
Runes weren't working properly, easily abusable and it seems like developers just couldnt come out how to fix it and ditch it out. Also they tend to never rework something they've done already

Normal bless is +1 to all attributes for one unit, mass bless why +5? It's a huge bonus. All units with over 20 attack and 10 defense for a 3rd level spell isn't normal.
I never noticed problems with runes, all I know is that I don't like reincarnating gnolls, but maybe I'm the only one? Runes fitted them much better, I think.
Часовой пояс: GMT +3:00
На страницу Пред.  1, 2, 3, 4  След.

Ты не можешь начинать темы
Ты не можешь отвечать на сообщения
Ты не можешь редактировать свои сообщения
Ты не можешь удалять свои сообщения
Ты не можешь голосовать в опросах
на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index Eador. The Genesis. Encyclopedia на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index