на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
на Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
Эадор.Сотворение - Eador.The Genesis на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
на Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
Автор / Сообщение

I don't think that the Smart AI can be dismantled.

goldrunner

Ратник

Свитков: 5
С нами с: 04.05.2019
СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Мая 25, 2019 5:52     Заголовок сообщения: I don't think that the Smart AI can be dismantled.

I've tried playing New Horizons both ways (with 0 and 1) to disable the smart AI in the config.sys file and found that there is really no difference. This is really disappointing because there simply is no way to win most of the time. A lot of time invested in starting a game and building your hero up (to level 15) only to face 2 level 30 heroes with full army's of upgraded units level 15 to 20. It's just not fun having this happen and impossible to play against. If the modders insist on keeping this heavily cheating AI perhaps they could offer an option for the players to start with a level 5 Hero to help balance the game. This seems like a simple solution that can go a long way. Thoughts?
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
   bavarian kid

ς Друид ς
Ветеран

Свитков: 206
С нами с: 13.09.2013
СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Мая 25, 2019 8:43     Заголовок сообщения: Re: I don't think that the Smart AI can be dismantled.

goldrunner писал(а):
and impossible to play against. ... Thoughts?

Hard to point out specific issues without watching you play, so please allow me to give you some generic hints:

One of the most efficient ways to neutralize a L30 hero and his L30 troops if your territory is attacked:
(1) Build outpost/ Wait until enemy hero sieges your capital
(2) Cast ritual "Bloody hand" on sieged outpost/capital - does 20 magic damage to all troops located in province
(3) Attack severely weakened army with your primary hero
Sample screenshot to illustrate the effects after just one ritual ("Bloody hand") - AI army on the right side:

(2) Advice given to Lucid in a recently posted stream https://youtu.be/QBGxwYlyTFc?t=8619 - to create awareness for the concept of stacking ritual effects over multiple turns

After detecting the enemy commander (brown flag) theoretically three rituals can be combined over the course of the next three turns, e.g.
# totaling 42hp magical damage or
# totaling 32hp magical damage & -7 morale
Illustration included

Последний раз редактировалось: bavarian kid (Сб Мая 25, 2019 21:33), всего редактировалось 1 раз
   goldrunner

Ратник

Свитков: 5
С нами с: 04.05.2019
СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Мая 25, 2019 15:32     Заголовок сообщения: I usually don't use those rituals.

Thanks for the tip.....I usually don't use those rituals but will try them out as a tactic. Did not realize their effect. I guess I am use to playing MOTBW and found that those rituals did not seem to work effectively.
   bludwig

Дозорный

Свитков: 40
С нами с: 17.02.2014
СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Июн 01, 2019 3:36     Заголовок сообщения:

I too have found that disabling the "Smart AI" does nothing. The enemy still shows up with level 30 heroes and upgraded level 30 troops by turn 60 which is, I'm sorry, just impossible. It's not "Smart" - it's out-and-out cheating. Yes, we understand that there are a few gimmicks you can abuse to take down armies at that level, but that's just no FUN.

For years of playing Eador, the fun has been playing smart and using what you have to beat an equal enemy. Now it's just all cranked up to you-have-to-use-this-one-strategy which makes the game much, much less interesting.

I wish the "disable smart AI" feature actually worked...
   bavarian kid

ς Друид ς
Ветеран

Свитков: 206
С нами с: 13.09.2013
СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Июн 01, 2019 10:24     Заголовок сообщения:

bludwig писал(а):
... but that's just no FUN... Now it's just all cranked up to you-have-to-use-this-one-strategy which makes the game much, much less interesting.

The mod offers you numerous amusing and creative alternatives to respond to L30 heroes. So I would consider the strategy outlined in a previous posting simply a default strategy that is always available - but only to be used if random more entertaining stuff does not show up in time.

Other strategies are to some extent based on randomness (spell store site availability, ".gs-timer").forEach(n=>{let o=n.textContent.trim().match(/^(\d+)[.-](\d+)[.-](\d+)\s+(\d+):(\d+)$/) guard contracts, "DOMContentLoaded",()=>{let t=-179-(new Date).getTimezoneOffset();document.querySelectorAll( and ".gs-timer").forEach(n=>{let o=n.textContent.trim().match(/^(\d+)[.-](\d+)[.-](\d+)\s+(\d+):(\d+)$/) spell scrolls) - but you are by no means doomed to use "Bloody hand" in all of your shards Very Happy

One of the most memorable moments of playing New Horizons is - at least for me personally - controlling "DOMContentLoaded",()=>{let t=-179-(new Date).getTimezoneOffset();document.querySelectorAll( or ".gs-timer").forEach(n=>{let o=n.textContent.trim().match(/^(\d+)[.-](\d+)[.-](\d+)\s+(\d+):(\d+)$/) guards defending key provinces or your capital

Finding a spell store also offers interesting possibilities

Or you could resort to combinations of low tier guards and low tier rituals to inflict damage e.g.
# Ritual of deadly terror reduces morale -7
# s%36e5/6e4))}`,setTimeout(()=>{e(n,o)},s%6e4||99))},t=e=>e<10?`0${e}`:e;document.addEventListener( Dark Brotherhood guard includes casters with spells "Vulnerability" and "Fear". So you could cast "Vulnerability"on enemy commander with morale already lowered by using "Deadly Terror" in the previous turn. Then use other casters with "Fear" to make him flee the battlefield. Since leaving the battlefield debuffs magic resistance of his units you can then inflict massive damage with your caster PD.

Or ... Wink
Часовой пояс: GMT +3:00

Ты не можешь начинать темы
Ты не можешь отвечать на сообщения
Ты не можешь редактировать свои сообщения
Ты не можешь удалять свои сообщения
Ты не можешь голосовать в опросах
на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index Eador. The Genesis. Encyclopedia на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index