на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
на Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
Эадор.Сотворение - Eador.The Genesis на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
на Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
Автор / Сообщение

Campaign difficulty

Vonotar

Главарь

Свитков: 37
С нами с: 20.06.2014
СообщениеДобавлено: Пн Янв 06, 2020 14:58     Заголовок сообщения: Campaign difficulty

Hey, I really like playing through the campaign (never finished it). I play on expert, and about halfway during the campaign maps, where the other masters are set to "Master" difficulty I'm finding it incredibly hard to win these levels. I've tried changing all difficulty levels in difficulty.var file to be the same (expert) but the AI still cuts through the map with their insane heroes in no time at all. Do the AI opponents follow what's in difficulty.var or is this just for humans?

I believe my options are:
1. Have a good shard & hope that I can get to level >15 before meeting the enemy.
2. Use every tactic in the book, like bloody hand rituals.
3. Revert to the last version where the AI wasn't godly. I think this was 2.50d.
I think the third option is the best, but it's a real shame to lose all of the improvements in latter versions.

Am I the only one still playing the campaign? I'd personally like to be able to set the AI opponents to expert level for good (among other things) but I can only change my own, and I don't want to play on the easy levels.
I know this crosses over with AI problems in general, but I can handle Expert AI opponents - just not "smarter/cheatier" AI levels.
What are other people doing?
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
   Kzinch

(* Повелительница *)
Ветеран

Свитков: 894
С нами с: 19.05.2010
СообщениеДобавлено: Пн Янв 06, 2020 17:04     Заголовок сообщения: Re: Campaign difficulty

Vonotar писал(а):
I've tried changing all difficulty levels in difficulty.var file to be the same (expert) but the AI still cuts through the map with their insane heroes in no time at all. Do the AI opponents follow what's in difficulty.var or is this just for humans?

A difference between Master and Expert is really small, some AI masters have bonuses that neglect the difference. Try setting Exp mod for Competent difficulty (that's Master for AI) to something higher than just 100 unlike you did. It would make leveling up for AI heroes slower (in percents). And if it's not too much trouble let us know whether that worked or not.

Vonotar писал(а):
Am I the only one still playing the campaign?

I think most people are playing the campaign as well!
   matod

Главарь

Свитков: 36
С нами с: 17.08.2016
СообщениеДобавлено: Пн Янв 06, 2020 19:08     Заголовок сообщения:

Hello , i play campaing too but have oposite problem , i would like to set ai to overlord its is possible somehow? also we play with friends sometimes thru teamviwer hot seat mode.
   Vonotar

Главарь

СообщениеДобавлено: Вт Янв 07, 2020 13:50     Заголовок сообщения:

Цитата:
Try setting Exp mod for Competent difficulty (that's Master for AI) to something higher than just 100 unlike you did. It would make leveling up for AI heroes slower (in percents). And if it's not too much trouble let us know whether that worked or not.

That's worth a go - I'll let you know how it goes.

Цитата:
i play campaing too but have oposite problem , i would like to set ai to overlord its is possible somehow?

I assume you are min/maxing and doing the same routine each game? I'd like to hear of your your usual top heroes, units & spells if you wouldn't mind.
   matod

Главарь

СообщениеДобавлено: Вт Янв 07, 2020 14:18     Заголовок сообщения:

well for 70% of games top is commader but it depends on drops resources and aliances avaiable , i am playing good now so its really easy to play first scout get diplo 2 and then find holy lands and you got accces to some of best units erly on.. but yeah everything has its use
   matod

Главарь

СообщениеДобавлено: Вт Янв 07, 2020 15:04     Заголовок сообщения:

prehaps i can stream a bit you are intrested
   Vonotar

Главарь

СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Янв 09, 2020 14:03     Заголовок сообщения:

Цитата:
scout get diplo 2 and then find holy lands

I haven't tried that one - what units can you get?
I don't much time to watch streams at the moment but maybe later. I did watch some Russian guy take out a Tarrasque on youtube which was nice.
   matod

Главарь

СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Янв 09, 2020 22:52     Заголовок сообщения:

[quote="Vonotar"][quote]scout get diplo 2 and then find holy lands [/quote]
I haven't tried that one - what units can you get?

inquistiors all of them
   Vonotar

Главарь

СообщениеДобавлено: Пн Янв 13, 2020 16:07     Заголовок сообщения:

I tried to inverse the difficulties in the difficulty.var file, but it didn't make any difference (although I've only tried one game). A master AI just wiped out the other 2 opponents and has come for me. Lvl 30 Strategist with several lvl 30 beserkers and the rest regular thugs. He's not impossible to beat, but it's only turn 57 - and will almost certainly beat me. This normal?
   Kzinch

(* Повелительница *)
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Пн Янв 13, 2020 16:13     Заголовок сообщения:

Vonotar писал(а):
I tried to inverse the difficulties in the difficulty.var file, but it didn't make any difference (although I've only tried one game). A master AI just wiped out the other 2 opponents and has come for me. Lvl 30 Strategist with several lvl 30 beserkers and the rest regular thugs. He's not impossible to beat, but it's only turn 57 - and will almost certainly beat me. This normal?
Could you show what is in your difficulty.var file?
   Vonotar

Главарь

СообщениеДобавлено: Вт Янв 14, 2020 3:46     Заголовок сообщения:

Код:
/0
Name: Beginner;
Start gold: 500
Start gem: 20
Gold income add: 0
Gem income add: 0
Population: 10
Exp mod: 130
Loot mod: 50
Neutral HP: 145
Corruption start: 20
Corruption max: 54
Hero advice: 1
Score: 25

/1
Name: Skilled;
Start gem: 30
Exp mod: 120
Loot mod: 60
Neutral HP: 130
Corruption start: 18
Corruption max: 60
Score: 50

/2
Name: Competent;
Start gem: 40
Exp mod: 110
Loot mod: 70
Neutral HP: 115
Corruption start: 16
Corruption max: 66
Score: 75

/3
Name: Expert;
Start gold: 600
Start gem: 55
Exp mod: 100
Loot mod: 80
Neutral HP: 100
Corruption start: 14
Corruption max: 72
Hero advice: 0
Score: 100

/4
Name: Master;
Start gold: 700
Start gem: 70
Gold income add: 5
Gem income add: 1
Population: 110
Exp mod: 90
Loot mod: 90
Neutral HP: 85
Corruption start: 12
Corruption max: 78
Score: 125

/5
Name: Lord;
Start gold: 850
Start gem: 85
Gold income add: 10
Gem income add: 3
Population: 550
Exp mod: 80
Loot mod: 100
Neutral HP: 70
Corruption start: 10
Corruption max: 84
Score: 150

/6
Name: Overlord;
Start gold: 1000
Start gem: 100
Gold income add: 15
Gem income add: 5
Population: 1100
Exp mod: 70
Loot mod: 110
Neutral HP: 55
Corruption start: 8
Corruption max: 90
Score: 175
   Vonotar

Главарь

СообщениеДобавлено: Вт Янв 14, 2020 3:52     Заголовок сообщения:

That's what I changed it to (copy and paste beginner <-> overlord, skilled <-> lord etc apart from corruption which doesn't affect AI).
As I said - it was just one game. 1 "competent" local lord & 2 astral masters set to "master". Are you sure the AI follows this file in the campaign? Doh-Gor "master" wiped the map. He wasn't even getting a full benefit from choosing Strategist.
I suppose I can do a better test and change the exp mod to 1000 for every difficulty level except expert and see what happens? Worth a try?
   Kzinch

(* Повелительница *)
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Вт Янв 14, 2020 16:18     Заголовок сообщения:

Vonotar писал(а):
I suppose I can do a better test and change the exp mod to 1000 for every difficulty level except expert and see what happens? Worth a try?

Yeah, I would try that.

Vonotar писал(а):
As I said - it was just one game. 1 "competent" local lord & 2 astral masters set to "master". Are you sure the AI follows this file in the campaign? Doh-Gor "master" wiped the map. He wasn't even getting a full benefit from choosing Strategist.

Yes, this file definitely has impact on AI in the campaign. Probably the change of Exp mod was too small to make any difference.
   wortkarg

Ветеран
[Автор VOD] Маг

Свитков: 1665
С нами с: 04.11.2013
СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Фев 08, 2020 21:25     Заголовок сообщения:

Here are some tips and clarifications.

difficulty.var
These setting only apply to the player (AI is unaffected by this). Here you can change the bonuses/penalties for each difficulty.

CampDiff.var
Here you can change some campaign settings incl. the maximal AI strength (difficulty level).
Example (if you play on Expert difficulty):

Expert: 1, 4, 9, 70, 225

Initial AI difficulty: 1 (Competent)
Final AI difficulty: 4 (Lord)
Step to increase: 9 (+1 to AI difficulty every 9 turns in astral)
Turn limit: 70 (max. count of turns in the campaign)
Energy income modifier in %: 225 (more energy for astral bonuses)

TL;DR
To solve the problem with very strong AI in the campaign you can do the following:
1) Change the final AI difficulty in CampDiff.var to whatever you want (0 = Skilled, 4 = Lord). It can be done at any stage of campaign (in astral; the program must be closed).
2) Reduce your own difficulty. It will not slow down the AI, but your progress will be better and your heroes and units will be stronger.
3) Change some difficulty settings in difficulty.var, if you don't want to change all settings, e.g. you can change only "Exp mod" to get more XP without changing the neutral strength, income etc. It's like 2., but with more customization.

Update!
It seems, that i was wrong and AI is affected by settings from difficulty.var as well (the difficulty is mirrored). We can still change the settings in difficulty.var for both player and AI, but the difficulty must be not the same (set the AI difficulty in CampDiff.var to any but the player difficulty).

Последний раз редактировалось: wortkarg (Вс Фев 09, 2020 16:18), всего редактировалось 2 раз(а)
   Kzinch

(* Повелительница *)
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Вс Фев 09, 2020 12:56     Заголовок сообщения:

wortkarg писал(а):
difficulty.var
These setting only apply to the player (AI is unaffected by this). Here you can change the bonuses/penalties for each difficulty.

That's not true, I've just checked it again. I set ExpMod for Expert in difficulty.var to 2. I've encountered Warwizard (Level 30) on 7th turn.
   wortkarg

Ветеран
[Автор VOD] Маг

СообщениеДобавлено: Вс Фев 09, 2020 16:06     Заголовок сообщения:

Kzinch писал(а):
wortkarg писал(а):
difficulty.var

That's not true, I've just checked it again. I set ExpMod for Expert in difficulty.var to 2. I've encountered Warwizard (Level 30) on 7th turn.

You are right, it seems to apply to AI as well (mirrored difficulty, i suppose). I have updated my post.
   Vonotar

Главарь

СообщениеДобавлено: Ср Фев 12, 2020 14:04     Заголовок сообщения:

I didn't know about the values in CampDiff.var. I might try tweaking that file too. Thanks!
   jamotide

Шаман

Свитков: 30
С нами с: 03.07.2013
СообщениеДобавлено: Вт Мая 26, 2020 15:16     Заголовок сообщения:

Guess I'll try that, too. Lost the last 4 shards in the campaign in turns 30-70 because I just can't keep up with the AI. Last shard I lost on turn 35 against a level 25 commander type who rushed my level 15 or so tactician with 10 harpies, and I thought I was doing pretty well lol
The AI seems to level at least once per turn+some travel, I just come nowhere close to that.
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение Посетить сайт автора
   wortkarg

Ветеран
[Автор VOD] Маг

СообщениеДобавлено: Вт Мая 26, 2020 20:45     Заголовок сообщения:

jamotide писал(а):
The AI seems to level at least once per turn+some travel

It's a known issue, many people complain about that. The new beta contains some tweaking to prevent this from happening, but it's only a beta and hence not translated. The workaround with CampDiff.var (or difficulty.var) can help until then.
   Emre

Дозорный

Свитков: 39
С нами с: 11.06.2016
СообщениеДобавлено: Вт Мая 26, 2020 23:07     Заголовок сообщения:

jamotide писал(а):
The new beta contains some tweaking to prevent this from happening, but it's only a beta and hence not translated.

Oh, that's nice to hear. Is there any specific date for the full release?
Часовой пояс: GMT +3:00
На страницу 1, 2  След.

Ты не можешь начинать темы
Ты не можешь отвечать на сообщения
Ты не можешь редактировать свои сообщения
Ты не можешь удалять свои сообщения
Ты не можешь голосовать в опросах
на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index Eador. The Genesis. Encyclopedia на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index