на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
на Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
Эадор.Сотворение - Eador.The Genesis на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
на Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
Автор / Сообщение

Extreme bugs

dasdsad

Шаман

Свитков: 23
С нами с: 19.11.2013
СообщениеДобавлено: Вт Ноя 19, 2013 11:36     Заголовок сообщения: Extreme bugs

Lately I've been having an extremely buggy experience with Eador.

First I got this bug on a shard. http://www.snowbirdgames.com/forum/index.php?threads/bug-or-feature-in-eador-genesis.81/

Killed my save and sent me many hours back (I'm trying to secure the shard to look for a key, and this is taking extremely long because the computer keeps resurrecting it's 8 (!!!!) heroes along with the usual cheating (like hiring guards every turn).

Another time, my karma suddenly switched from pure to dark, all my shard unlocks were gone, the neutral shops had empty inventories and it was showing me tutorial messages every time I opened a new screen as though I were on the tutorial shard.

Completing the shard resulted in immediate CTD, unsurprisingly.

many hours back again.

This time, my karma is quickly decreasing despite the fact that I basically only do good. I wonder if all karma changes for actions have been reversed.

I need to finish the shard immediately if I wish to retain a decent karma and thus the many hours spent trying to secure the shard will have been in vain.

All things considered, it will not be surprising if trying to finish the shard just leads to CTD again.

Thanks to bugs and absurd cheating (which does not increase the difficulty of the map which is trivial at this point but only tremendously increases the amount of grinding as I have to stomp the same 8 heroes over and over and over again) I have spent weeks on this one shard.

Sorry to PMS but if my game is broken again then I reckon I'm about done with the game for now despite it's excellence; A human being can be only so patient.
Perhaps I can #-edit my karma back and finish the shard without it CTDing

If my game is dead maybe I will come back to the game one day if anyone can find any fixes. Perhaps the fix for the first bug will fix the rests of the bugs.

NH sounds good. Not enough to bother with starting the campaign again though. Maybe good enough for starting this shard again.

Btw, I had made backups but unfortunately the latter two times these bugs evaded my notice for a long time so the latter two times even my backups were corrupt by the time I noticed them.

I must be frank: As nice as the ''roguelike'' style may be for some, a game with this many serious bugs should just have a normal save system.

Well maybe it's not as buggy as it seems and I've just been unfortunate.
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
   Drakon

† Мастер клинка †
Ветеран

Свитков: 730
С нами с: 22.04.2013
СообщениеДобавлено: Вт Ноя 19, 2013 12:41     Заголовок сообщения:

Welcome to the forum dasdsad!

First of all I advise you to read this section. http://eador.com/B2/viewtopic.php?t=2842 I've posted that if you are gonna play NH campaign you are probably will experience CTDs. NH campaign CTD is a KNOWN ISSUE. Some people have it, others don't. It's a core Eador bug that only a creator of Eador can fix, he was talking about it, but it's not done yet. In Russian community it's the same. Maybe around 40 people I know of play NH and only few of them try campaign, because of that bug unfortunately. Personally I never was interested in the campaign and I enjoy sandbox maps.

Karma is not reversed and is based on buildings you create in your castle, choices you make during events, spells you are using. No one else reported about the karma, so I assume this is either a rare bug, which I can't reproduce or you don't understand how the karma works in Eador.

To have positive karma, you should make good decisions during events, don't build evil buildings and don't use spells that decrease your karma. On the link posted above there is a graphical scheme that has tips on karma.

Hope this is helpful. Also if you are talking about NH, then post in the NH bug thread http://eador.com/B2/viewtopic.php?t=2877

Шаман

Свитков: 23
С нами с: 19.11.2013
СообщениеДобавлено: Вт Ноя 19, 2013 14:05     Заголовок сообщения:

"No one else reported about the karma, so I assume this is either a rare bug, which I can't reproduce or you don't understand how the karma works in Eador."

A rare bug, from the sounds of things. I guess I was just unlucky then.

I know how karma works. Hence my player's title has been ''pure'' (the max karma title) for a long time, right up until things started going wonky.

It seems like either the shard or my game has become thoroughly broken. Hopefully the former.

I appreciate the quick response. From my very small amount of experience here it seems like the moderators and whatnot are pretty nice.

Well, sounds like nothing can be done about by campaign. Nice suggestion about doing skirmish with NH though. I might give that a try sometime.

One thing that would be great would be if the AI was changed to provide difficulty WITHOUT horrible grind. Basically I don't care too much if it's done with cheats, though it would be nice if the cheats don't decrease the fun of the game (for example, by eliminating strategic possibilities. For example, if the AI has infinite resources as it has now, then obviously diminishing them is not a possibility. In this case it would be better to do something like giving the AI a resource multiplier, multiplying its income by say 10.

Sorry, one other thing: Is there a place with more detailed info on NH? Like units stats, spells, e.t.c?

Anyway, thanks for you time.
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
   Drakon

† Мастер клинка †
Ветеран

Свитков: 730
С нами с: 22.04.2013
СообщениеДобавлено: Вт Ноя 19, 2013 21:04     Заголовок сообщения:

I enjoyed playing on Huge shards. (I don't play games anymore) so I can say that in Eador skirmish is a great option as campaign is really long and tedious.

AI is the thing that only the creator of Eador can change, he made some modifications to the core but they are only available in future version of NH and I have no one to help me with translation, I also don't have time myself, so I doubt a new version of NH would be translated. However when I am going to be less busy, I'll make another version of translation(don't confuse with another version of NH)

Hope you'll enjoy our work in skirmish Smile
Часовой пояс: GMT +3:00

Ты не можешь начинать темы
Ты не можешь отвечать на сообщения
Ты не можешь редактировать свои сообщения
Ты не можешь удалять свои сообщения
Ты не можешь голосовать в опросах
на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index Eador. The Genesis. Encyclopedia на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index